• Register Today It's free!

2020 Aviator and plywood

jmdeacon

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Barbara, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer Platinum
Ford mentions that the new 2020 Explorer can hold a sheet of plywood laying flat in the back. Nothing about this on the website about the Aviator. Does anyone know if the 2020 Aviator can do the same?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford mentions that the new 2020 Explorer can hold a sheet of plywood laying flat in the back. Nothing about this on the website about the Aviator. Does anyone know if the 2020 Aviator can do the same?
I don't think it can. The 3rd row cup holders in the Explorer sit flush with the seats when folded. From what I have seen in the pictures of the Aviator the cup holders sit up higher. But you could always put some foam down so it isn't resting on the floor.

Technically the Explorer can fit a 4x sheet, but it does a number on the plastic panels at the lower rear opening and along the rear side panels as well. Lower seatbelt mounts get in the way also. You can shim it up a bit with some wood underneath to help avoid some scratching but you only have a few inches to play with height-wise because the sides taper inward as you go up higher in the hatch opening. If you're trying to keep your plastic panels nice then get it up on the roof instead.

^^The member you replied to was last seen here in March 2020 so may no longer be following. Others may find the reply helpful although I don't think I'd want to carry a sheet of plywood on the roof.

Peter

^^The member you replied to was last seen here in March 2020 so may no longer be following. Others may find the reply helpful although I don't think I'd want to carry a sheet of plywood on the roof.

Peter
Yes, it was just a reply for the record. 👍. I realize not everyone has a roof rack.

Back