2020 Aviator Black Label - RECEIVED! 2019-12-30 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Aviator Black Label - RECEIVED! 2019-12-30

So Chicago stopped production of the Explorer and Lincoln to, I assume, finally fix the ongoing issues that is causing units to go to DET to be repaired??? Is this true?

They did not stop production.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So Chicago stopped production of the Explorer and Lincoln too, I assume, finally fix the ongoing issues that is causing units to go to DET to be repaired??? Is this true?
I haven't read any news articles to that effect but there have been several posts here indicating production is back to a normal timeframe.

Peter

I haven't read any news articles to that effect but there have been several posts here indicating production is back to a normal timeframe.

Peter
So no units now being produced are going to DET? All issues have been resolved? Does anyone know this for sure?

So no units now being produced are going to DET? All issues have been resolved? Does anyone know this for sure?
Since the question has been asked a half dozen times and no one has given an unequivacal YES or NO, I'm guessing that is your answer.

Peter

Since the question has been asked a half dozen times and no one has given an unequivacal YES or NO, I'm guessing that is your answer.

Peter
Yes, you are right, but may have the answer. As I stated, my build is 10/12 and just got delivery info of arriving at dealer 10/26 so looks like factory to dealer!!

Yes, you are right, but may have the answer. As I stated, my build is 10/12 and just got delivery info of arriving at dealer 10/26 so looks like factory to dealer!!

Looks like ours are being built on the same day, at the same factory, even though they are different models. I wonder if mine will reach my dealer around the same time. :) Did you use that tracking URL or did you get your info from the dealer.

Looks like ours are being built on the same day, at the same factory, even though they are different models. I wonder if mine will reach my dealer around the same time. :) Did you use that tracking URL or did you get your info from the dealer.
The tracking site.

For some reason the build was pushed back further to 10/25. Not sure why.

giphy.gif

Ok. This is strange. As mentioned above, I was told that the build was pushed back to 10/25 by my dealer. When I checked myself earlier in the day, nothing changed via URL. I just checked a few minutes ago and now it shows:

etaEndDate : 2019-10-17

Not sure who has the most to date info, dealer or URL.

Originally had an etaEndDate : 2019-10-06 last month, but it became blank when my build was delayed. It just populated sometime a few hours ago.

I'm guessing that the ETA could possibly change depending upon the availability of transportation services.

Peter

I noticed my window sticker updated to reflect the new build date. But I also notice a slight change as well. The original sticker had "9-NORMAL" at the top. The updated sticker now has "4-REBILL". Any one know what that means?

"My window sticker is considered a "4-Rebill" - From what I have seen/read, it means that when the original sticker was generated, the system was missing a piece of information, either pricing changed, options changed or information was added to the sticker."

what does 4-REBILL mean on a Ford window sticker - Google Search

Peter

Great news! My ST was built on 10/14 and delivered to dealer on the evening of 10/16 so a good clean build. On vacation this week so picking up early next week. Any items on it I should pay close attention to while inspecting before accepting? I’m hoping Ford got its act together.

I was starting to lose hope last night. It's been quite awhile since I placed my order. I just checked this morning and the primary status still states "In Production", but the secondary status now says "Sent Offsite". It also now has a production date of 2019-10-31. From what I've researched, "Off Site" could mean it was set aside due to a part (missing) that hasn't arrived yet. I ordered a Black Label with a bench seat in Cashmere. I hope they are just waiting for that bench insert and not some production issue. UGH.

Receipt Date: 2019-10-17
ETA End Date: 2019-10-17
Production Date: 2019-10-31

Primary Status: In Production

Last edited:

Receipt Date: 2019-07-16
ETA End Date: 1990-01-01

Strange that the "Receipt Date" changed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Receipt Date: 2019-07-16
ETA End Date: 1990-01-01

Strange that the "Receipt Date" changed.
What about the ETA date?

Back