2020 Aviator/ Explorer ST, Disable/ Turn off ESC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Aviator/ Explorer ST, Disable/ Turn off ESC

tylerjustice5

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Lincoln Aviator
Has any one ever been able to been able to Disable or Turn off the ESC (Electronic Stability Control) on a 2020 Lincoln Aviator. From what I have read the Explorer ST cant be turned off neither. The traction control button is through the sync system and it will turn the traction control off but not the ESC . I have tried pulling fuses and it throws on a bunch of service lights.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To turn off Advancetrac on the ST you have to hold the button down for several seconds. You can see the display show a horizontal bar that keeps expanding until it's finished.

Has any one ever been able to been able to Disable or Turn off the ESC (Electronic Stability Control) on a 2020 Lincoln Aviator. From what I have read the Explorer ST cant be turned off neither. The traction control button is through the sync system and it will turn the traction control off but not the ESC . I have tried pulling fuses and it throws on a bunch of service lights.
Welcome to the Forum Tyler. :wave:
I've never considered turning it OFF. It's a safety feature.
Here is what your Aviator Manual says about it.
The system automatically turns on each time
you switch the ignition on.
You cannot switch the stability control and
roll stability control systems off, but when
you shift into reverse (R), the systems

deactivate.

Peter

To turn off Advancetrac on the ST you have to hold the button down for several seconds. You can see the display show a horizontal bar that keeps expanding until it's finished.
Does it automatically turn back on once you hit 35 MPH or does it stay off until you turn it back on?

The Rear wheel drive aviator and the rear drive Explorer ST does not allow the AdvanceTrac to be turned off. Just traction control can be shut off by pushing the button. My guess is because being RWD they can and will get away from a lot of people especially if it’s wet outside so the advance trac stays on permanently to keep people safe.

Back