2020 Aviator Reserve: Ordered. / Built. / Delivery? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Aviator Reserve: Ordered. / Built. / Delivery?

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
I ordered a 2020 Lincoln Aviator from Riverhead Lincoln in Long Island on April 22, 2019.

My dealer let me know about my VIN and build date on May 23, 2019
which stated my build date was the week of June 23, 2019.

I was able to access my window sticker the other day (thanks to this website) and it looks like my Aviator was finished assembly on 6/30/19.

Now begins the waiting game. I'm pretty sure it's listed as dealer stock since I am being non-committal until I can drive one and actually get a real price.

After reading a few posts and tweets about Aviators showing up at dealers in recent days, I checked their inventory and they listed 2 Aviators in stock. When I called they stated that they are "in-transit" and they are expected imminently.

So hopefully I will drive one very soon - and hopefully my salesperson will call me when they do show up.

I will keep the thread updated as I get more info, or end up driving one. Will also post pics.

Cheers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't forget to post a picture John. Would love to see it.

Peter

I got word that a White Reserve Aviator showed up at my local dealership on Sat. Hoping to get there this week to drive it.

I was able to test drive a Ceramic Pearl 2020 Aviator yesterday. Really liked the car. Handled really well and had a lot of power (more than my Audi Q7) The finishing details inside the cabin are really nice, and the quality of the leather, dash and other equipment is top notch.

The one disappointing thing that struck me odd is that when you order the 2nd row bench seat, they just bolt a skinny center seat to the floor, so it's fixed in a position. When you move the left and right 2nd row seats back as far as they can go, the center seat is positioned about 2-3" up from those. I really feel that they could have placed that center seat on a track that would at least move a few inches like its neighboring counterparts.

Overall, very happy with the car and will continue to wait for mine to come in....

Prototypes I saw at car shows had mirrored backs to the side view mirrors -- these production models have black backs.
upload_2019-7-20_10-20-50.png

Very happy they went with a matte material for the console -- the 2019 Navigator has a shiny black console and it is a fingerprint magnet
upload_2019-7-20_10-21-20.png

Definitely more room than my Q7
upload_2019-7-20_10-23-44.png

Last edited:

After accessing ETIS i can see that my car was actually built on 7/19/2019.

Last edited:

My car was "waiting for transport" before the "recall" and now it's back "In production" as well as "returned from offsite" which leads me to believe that it was in a lot waiting to be picked up, but now is
back near plant to get inspected for the recall.

I was able to test drive a Ceramic Pearl 2020 Aviator yesterday. Really liked the car. Handled really well and had a lot of power (more than my Audi Q7) The finishing details inside the cabin are really nice, and the quality of the leather, dash and other equipment is top notch.

The one disappointing thing that struck me odd is that when you order the 2nd row bench seat, they just bolt a skinny center seat to the floor, so it's fixed in a position. When you move the left and right 2nd row seats back as far as they can go, the center seat is positioned about 2-3" up from those. I really feel that they could have placed that center seat on a track that would at least move a few inches like its neighboring counterparts.

Overall, very happy with the car and will continue to wait for mine to come in....

Prototypes I saw at car shows had mirrored backs to the side view mirrors -- these production models have black backs.

That's a bummer to hear about the bench seats. I ordered mine with them. :( As far as the mirrored backs on the side mirrors, those are on the Black Label lines.

After over 2 months since being built, I finally got status that my 2020 Aviator as been "Released" and is "Awaiting shipment"

Test drove the Aviator again this morning as I wait for mine to be delivered. I really gave the car on the lot a big examination and it really looked good - no QC issues I could see except for a small body indentation under on the back bumper. This was a dealer tester, so it could be from the "wear and tear" of the 200 miles of drivers.

One thing i really noticed this time is that the 30-position seats are really tight. I'm a trim guy and thought they were putting some undue pressure on my sides - even with that area of the seat cranked open all the way.

I asked to sit in the standard seats (which I ordered) and they were definitely less cramped. I'm kind of amazed, knowing the typical American's size - these seats might be a detriment to some people based on their fit.

Still waiting for mine to show up in hopefully 10 days...

My Aviator has reached the end of the train line in Port of Newark as of 10/3. Hopefully the next week will take it from that lot to my dealer.

Looks like my ETA updated to delivery to my dealer on Tuesday 10/8. Hoping to take delivery on Friday.

Stopped by my dealer today to inspect the car. Looked amazing! I was hung up on uneven panels i was experiencing in a lot of videos and on some of the early delivered cars i've seen This car has no issues i've seen in the past. It was dirty, and needs to be detailed, but it should look great once I take delivery on Friday. This was also the first time I noticed the Ebony/Roast interior. I love this look!

IMG_5172.jpeg
IMG_5176.jpeg

I ordered a 2020 Lincoln Aviator from Riverhead Lincoln in Long Island on April 22, 2019.

My dealer let me know about my VIN and build date on May 23, 2019
which stated my build date was the week of June 23, 2019.

I was able to access my window sticker the other day (thanks to this website) and it looks like my Aviator was finished assembly on 6/30/19.

Now begins the waiting game. I'm pretty sure it's listed as dealer stock since I am being non-committal until I can drive one and actually get a real price.

After reading a few posts and tweets about Aviators showing up at dealers in recent days, I checked their inventory and they listed 2 Aviators in stock. When I called they stated that they are "in-transit" and they are expected imminently.

So hopefully I will drive one very soon - and hopefully my salesperson will call me when they do show up.

I will keep the thread updated as I get more info, or end up driving one. Will also post pics.

Cheers.
How did you access the window sticker? On which website? New here, dont know what I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

John-congrats on the decision! I hope you’re impressed when u finally see it. I got mine in January and love it. With COVID not really driving it much but lots of compliments when folks see it. Good luck! (Mine was a factory order, placed in October and delivered about 75 days later.)
/park

How did you access the window sticker? On which website? New here, dont know what I'm doing.
Welcome to the Forum Lindsay. :wave:
For the Window Sticker, see this post; Order Status of vehicles
When did you order the Aviator? The 'Sticker' usually is available about 5 -7 days before the build date.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Lindsay. :wave:
For the Window Sticker, see this post; Order Status of vehicles
When did you order the Aviator? The 'Sticker' usually is available about 5 -7 days before the build date.

Peter

Thank you! I believe I ordered it about june 13th. I just found sticker for my car! I'm hoping it will be built soon. I hate to bug the dealership, is there any possible way to get build info on internet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your salesperson should be your best source of information. The Build Date is shown on the Window Sticker. Check out this post and the link. The link will take you to a page where you have to click on another link to pull up the info. Scroll down to the Mustang Window Sticker that shows the various info descriptions. Basically the date is at the very bottom right of the 'Sticker'. Hope that helps.

Peter

Back