2020 Aviator | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Aviator

I really like what the did with the aviator and hope it leads to a great looking Explorer, I’m especially excited to see the upcoming Explorer ST. Man I hope they use the Raptor engine!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question. Knowing that this is not really the new 2020 Explorer yet. What would they be testing while driving these disguised vehicles ? New drive train ? new CD6 chasis ? anyone knows ? just curious.

Question. Knowing that this is not really the new 2020 Explorer yet. What would they be testing while driving these disguised vehicles ? New drive train ? new CD6 chasis ? anyone knows ? just curious.

All of the above possibly.... the development process takes quite a while, especially if/when new platform, engines/transmission are being developed to get "miles" under their belts for testings.

I had planned on running my 17 sport into the ground but its possible Ford may tick all the boxes im after. RWD biased more power and more gears... I hate payments/

I'm afraid it will have auto stop/start, and so will the next gen Explorer. That drops them off my list until somebody writes some software to defeat that system permanently.

^ I'm honestly the other way...I wouldn't buy a car without that feature now. I'd love a manual defeat mind you, but for driving in a city at long lights? I'd love to have the engine stop/restart.

In our Escape, it's pretty seamless.

Very hansom on the exterior...interior does not do it for me. I find that this is an almost direct copy of the Land Rover that was being tested for several months this spring. If I knew how to post pictures, I would post a picture of the camouflaged LR.

I'm afraid it will have auto stop/start, and so will the next gen Explorer. That drops them off my list until somebody writes some software to defeat that system permanently.

The 2018 Expedition I'm driving while my Explorer is at the dealer has a big button on the dash to turn it off.

Not a fan of the interior at all. That touch screen looks entirely stupid, as does the extra focus on the door speakers.

Need to move this thread the the 2020 forum, probably specific to the Aviator, but I digress. The preliminary specs are out. 400/400 for the TT 3.0L V6, and 450/600 for the Grand Touring plug-in hybrid. No details on max tow rating for either. Debuting at the LA Auto Show. CNET with an article on the preview.

Need to move this thread the the 2020 forum, probably specific to the Aviator, but I digress. The preliminary specs are out. 400/400 for the TT 3.0L V6, and 450/600 for the Grand Touring plug-in hybrid. No details on max tow rating for either. Debuting at the LA Auto Show. CNET with an article on the preview.
Lincoln has its own separate Forum.:)

I haven't been much of a Lincoln fan but watching the LA Auto Show coverage has convinced me that Lincoln has hit this one out of the park. I don't think Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Range Rover, etc, have anything that can compete right now. The Aviator Hybrid HP/TQ numbers are amazing. That sound system must be very impressive but MSRP might be scary though.

I haven't been much of a Lincoln fan but watching the LA Auto Show coverage has convinced me that Lincoln has hit this one out of the park. I don't think Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Range Rover, etc, have anything that can compete right now. The Aviator Hybrid HP/TQ numbers are amazing. That sound system must be very impressive but MSRP might be scary though.
I was seriously considering the new Nautilus but the cost is giving me second thoughts. In the neigbourhood of $66K (CDN) with the 2.0 Eco engine and not fully optioned. The 3.5 Eco is another $3k.

Peter

I was seriously considering the new Nautilus but the cost is giving me second thoughts. In the neigbourhood of $66K (CDN) with the 2.0 Eco engine and not fully optioned. The 3.5 Eco is another $3k.

Peter

Don't kid yourself, you're getting another Explorer Platinum when the 2020 redesign comes out......just get the next one in Silver!

I hate the "tablet" sitting on the dash, and I'm not a fan of the push button transmission. I think the interior of the Nautilus looks better overall. The integrated screen in the dash is a much smoother look.

I hate the "tablet" sitting on the dash, and I'm not a fan of the push button transmission. I think the interior of the Nautilus looks better overall. The integrated screen in the dash is a much smoother look.
I agree, but unfortunately it appears the push button transmission is the way manufacturers seem to be going.:( I think I first noticed that feature on the Edsel.

Peter

It seems the Aviator will follow Ford's production schedule of the new Explorer which is; initial orders for the 2020 model will be accepted starting January 16th, with scheduling beginning February 28th and production starting up May 6th. That would coincide with the possible first week of June 2019 release.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Couple of articles about new Aviator, sorry if it was posted already.
I think specs are not preliminary but final already. It is 3.0l Ecoboost with 400hp/400lb/ft and 450hp/600lb/ft for plug in hybrid both paired with 10-speed automatic. It is going to have same drive modes as its bigger brother Navigator.
Unfortunatelly, second row is not that spacious as it looks and third row is only for kids...

Adaptive LED headlights should be noted as well...

Lincoln's 2020 Aviator SUV kneels to greet its driver
2020 Lincoln Aviator Lands In LA With Potent Plug-In Power [UPDATE]

Back