2020 Explorer 21" Aluminum Wheels Compatability | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer 21" Aluminum Wheels Compatability

SLail

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT (MXV)
Anyone here have a clue if the 21 inch rims for the 2020 explorers will fit the 2011-2019 models? Interested to know than murder my wallet with a set of aftermarkets.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's hard to say for sure since those particular wheels haven't come out yet on a retail 2020 but I'm guessing that they would fit since the 21" is an option to replace the 20".
A few members are running a 22" wheel now.

Peter

Anyone here have a clue if the 21 inch rims for the 2020 explorers will fit the 2011-2019 models? Interested to know than murder my wallet with a set of aftermarkets.

You realize the cost of OEMs will be like a triple homicide to your wallet inside a 4 alarm fire, right?

Sounds like Chicago PD, Chicago Fire and Chicago Med all rolled into one.:D

Peter

It's hard to say for sure since those particular wheels haven't come out yet on a retail 2020 but I'm guessing that they would fit since the 21" is an option to replace the 20".
A few members are running a 22" wheel now.

Peter
Sorry Peter I don't quite follow. Are you saying, 21 inch wheels are an option for 2011-2019 explorers? If so, do you have a website that shows this?

Sorry Peter I don't quite follow. Are you saying, 21 inch wheels are an option for 2011-2019 explorers? If so, do you have a website that shows this?

No, he is saying that on the 2020, both 20s and 21s are options. So if 21s fit on the 2020 replacing 20s, then 21s should fit on the 5th gen replacing the 20s.

Back