2020 Explorer AC line

Mmaur

Reaction score
City, State
lake mary, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer limited
Hello,

I'm considering buying a 2020 explorer limited. I was going to drive over and test drive it (about 2.5 hour drive each way) and dealer emailed me saying there was an AC issue, wasn't blowing cold air like it should. They checked it out and one of the AC lines had a leak and was defective. They said it was replaced and it is good to go.

Any one see any issues with this? I find it odd a new car could have an issue like that. It is actually a courtesy vehicle with 2k miles on it.

Yep, my Platinum
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.45.09 PM.jpg

Hello,

I'm considering buying a 2020 explorer limited. I was going to drive over and test drive it (about 2.5 hour drive each way) and dealer emailed me saying there was an AC issue, wasn't blowing cold air like it should. They checked it out and one of the AC lines had a leak and was defective. They said it was replaced and it is good to go.

Any one see any issues with this? I find it odd a new car could have an issue like that. It is actually a courtesy vehicle with 2k miles on it.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Depending on how they repaired it, there shouldn't be an issue. Ask them what was done regarding the repair. If they replaced the entire line then you should be good. You still have the factory warranty on it. Seems a long way to go to find a dealer.

Peter

Back