2020 Explorer accessories/parts? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer accessories/parts?

Got my Ford keychains in.

20190826_182626.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That’s the plan man. I just hope any of those things aren’t the “gift” they give away and decide not to give it because I already have it.

Back in stock and normal price.

Working on these

Are you going to provide links to all that :) I want a fitted Hat!!!! Ok. well, and the Bag, and the Polo Shirt. LOL My Wife is going to hate all you guys!!

O.K. so I got my DPAccessories Lug Nuts and my Ford Racing Plate Frame today. The plate frame was heavy and nicer then expected, ignore my plate its from my Whipple F150, waiting on the new plate.
6.png

The lug nuts seem like a no go. The conical bottoms seem way too small to be safe. LIke they could pull through the wheel.
3.png
4.png

Here is the way the wheel looks before and after:
1 (1).png
2.png
1 (2).png

I am thinking these have to go back. Threads were right, length for stud was right, but the conical bottom is just not wide enough. Wonder if they have any other choices that will fit, I really liked the splined lug nut. :(

What's up with the swirl lines on the rims?

Use a marker on the OEM cone, put it back on then pull it off, compare the contact area with the aftermarket lugs, you may find the additional area is not used.

I would think that the larger washer type flange on the OEM ones would help to secure the wheel. Personally, I don't think I'd chance it.

Peter

O.K. so I got my DPAccessories Lug Nuts and my Ford Racing Plate Frame today. The plate frame was heavy and nicer then expected, ignore my plate its from my Whipple F150, waiting on the new plate.
View attachment 173220
The lug nuts seem like a no go. The conical bottoms seem way too small to be safe. LIke they could pull through the wheel.
View attachment 173221 View attachment 173222
Here is the way the wheel looks before and after:
View attachment 173223 View attachment 173224 View attachment 173225
I am thinking these have to go back. Threads were right, length for stud was right, but the conical bottom is just not wide enough. Wonder if they have any other choices that will fit, I really liked the splined lug nut. :(

I have some McGard lifetime splined black lug nuts coming tomorrow and will check the cone seat out. I pulled a lug nut off yesterday and noticed they had a very wide cone seat. These were about $250 a set and engineered with a non rotating seat. We have a CAT 4 hurricane headed right for us so might not be able to get them looked at this weekend though. The McGard PN is 65610BK.

What's up with the swirl lines on the rims?

It's actually just smutz, not actually scratches. I thought the same thing when I looked at that picture, so I ran out in a panic, and those wiped right off. :)

I have some McGard lifetime splined black lug nuts coming tomorrow and will check the cone seat out. I pulled a lug nut off yesterday and noticed they had a very wide cone seat. These were about $250 a set and engineered with a non rotating seat. We have a CAT 4 hurricane headed right for us so might not be able to get them looked at this weekend though. The McGard PN is 65610BK.

The fact that they list these as "Tuner Style Cone Seat" makes me think they are going to be the smaller cone.

Use a marker on the OEM cone, put it back on then pull it off, compare the contact area with the aftermarket lugs, you may find the additional area is not used.
I did that very thing... that cone continues to make contact for most of the surface. You can see when you look at the wheel with no lug on it, how deep and wide that cone hole is.

I would think that the larger washer type flange on the OEM ones would help to secure the wheel. Personally, I don't think I'd chance it.

Peter

Nope, not going to... already have the return label to ship them back. The only nicer black ones I could find that seem to get good review on durability were not the splined kind. But definitely have the larger OEM cone size on them. I ordered directly from DPAccessories Solid Wheel Lug Nut for Ford Lincoln Dodge Chrysler ACPZ-1012-B

Regarding the ST stem caps, here is how to make them fit without any stem brass showing. The internal depth is plenty long, just have to remove some of the outer threads. From the cap to fit over the unthreaded stem shank. I have a uni-bit from Harbor Freight that worked perfectly, used the 5/16” step to bore out some threads.

9D4F255C-21CA-4244-964C-2BC1DA40A821.jpeg

040A27FC-BB77-42BC-A331-989FE254442E.jpeg

38930BE8-8E6E-4A4D-80A0-8FC529D10499.jpeg

96317394-5A2C-4B1E-84DD-A046554D0E49.jpeg

26E09FC5-E196-400C-AD3F-CBB7CF6B4254.jpeg

75541089-6C82-41AB-8345-FF6CEC91194D.jpeg

F56BADA4-23B4-46FE-BF42-D9B942CBF308.jpeg

Regarding the ST stem caps, here is how to make them fit without any stem brass showing. The internal depth is plenty long, just have to remove some of the outer threads. From the cap to fit over the unthreaded stem shank. I have a unibot from harbor freight that worked perfectly, used the 5/16” step to bore out some threads.

Awesome idea.... looks great!

Regarding the ST stem caps, here is how to make them fit without any stem brass showing. The internal depth is plenty long, just have to remove some of the outer threads. From the cap to fit over the unthreaded stem shank. I have a uni-bit from Harbor Freight that worked perfectly, used the 5/16” step to bore out some threads.

View attachment 173238

View attachment 173237

View attachment 173239

View attachment 173243

View attachment 173242

View attachment 173241

View attachment 173240
Well, my little package came in today and I was pretty satisfied until I saw this post. Gotta see if I have a 5/16” bit.

24A92BEB-6A00-4754-8AE0-B319A3B225CB.jpeg

DAB5EED4-F4CA-40A2-85BD-43956B0D1FD1.jpeg

Nope, not going to... already have the return label to ship them back. The only nicer black ones I could find that seem to get good review on durability were not the splined kind. But definitely have the larger OEM cone size on them. I ordered directly from DPAccessories Solid Wheel Lug Nut for Ford Lincoln Dodge Chrysler ACPZ-1012-B

I had the same problem with the expensive McGard splined black lug nets (see picture below). It had the same dimensional issues you saw with the DP ones. I am sending these back as well. I did find some Gorilla brand OEM replacement lugs that look very similar to the ones you found at DP. They are Gorilla PN 61148BCX and look similar to the DP ones. There are locks for this as well (PN 96641BDX). You can find easily at various places with a search. I am waiting till after the hurricane departs before I try to return and order these. Will be interested to see what the new ones you ordered look like and how they fit. Good luck.
IMG_0309 (1).jpg

I had the same problem with the expensive McGard splined black lug nets (see picture below). It had the same dimensional issues you saw with the DP ones. I am sending these back as well. I did find some Gorilla brand OEM replacement lugs that look very similar to the ones you found at DP. They are Gorilla PN 61148BCX and look similar to the DP ones. There are locks for this as well (PN 96641BDX). You can find easily at various places with a search. I am waiting till after the hurricane departs before I try to return and order these. Will be interested to see what the new ones you ordered look like and how they fit. Good luck.
View attachment 173266

I also had found those Gorilla ones. I really wish they made that style in their Lifetime, "Guaranteed not to rust/corrode" version. Those are made out of Stainless vs. Black Chrome. I had already ordered the second set of DPAccessories when I came across the Gorillas. I figured since they were both Black Chrome and about the same price... I would just stick with trying the DPAs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also had found those Gorilla ones. I really wish they made that style in their Lifetime, "Guaranteed not to rust/corrode" version. Those are made out of Stainless vs. Black Chrome. I had already ordered the second set of DPAccessories when I came across the Gorillas. I figured since they were both Black Chrome and about the same price... I would just stick with trying the DPAs.

My same thoughts, once I get things settled here after the storm I am going to call Gorilla and see if they can make sets of these under their "Lifetime" line.

Back