2020 Explorer accessories/parts? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer accessories/parts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My same thoughts, once I get things settled here after the storm I am going to call Gorilla and see if they can make sets of these under their "Lifetime" line.

I would be all over those!!!! Would be cool to have a splined version, but I would take a nice Black version of what we have now, that would resist corrosion.

Not sure they would fit a 1995 Explorer.

Peter

Today the new DP Accessories lug nuts came. They fit perfect, look solid. How they hold up to corrosion will be they question. The only Other thing... they are more flat black then the wheel. But for as cheap as they are, if I don't like them I will sand blast them all clean and powder coat them with a more glossy black to match the wheel.
3.png
4.png
5.png

Here are the wheels old and then new ( I know my stuff is dirty....):
1.png
2.png

Today the new DP Accessories lug nuts came. They fit perfect, look solid. How they hold up to corrosion will be they question. The only Other thing... they are more flat black then the wheel. But for as cheap as they are, if I don't like them I will sand blast them all clean and powder coat them with a more glossy black to match the wheel.
View attachment 173439 View attachment 173440 View attachment 173441

View attachment 173437 View attachment 173438

I am still researching and talking with Gorilla and McGard. Got feedback from Gorilla that they don't have "lifetime" black ones so the option would be the 61148BCX items. Still waiting on feedback from McGard as to whether they have a better fit product.

The only difference I see is that the OEM ones with the larger flange would seem to hold the wheel more securely (less room for 'play') than the new ones.

Peter

The only difference I see is that the OEM ones with the larger flange would seem to hold the wheel more securely (less room for 'play') than the new ones.

Peter
The picture is a bit misleading, as you see the lip where it starts the chrome on the OEM nut that makes the cone looks larger. When I hold the two in my hand and actually compare the cone sections on both, they are pretty identical, size wise.

Ohhh and geesh I need to detail my ride. That is what I get for taking delivery after dark... had I seen what a crappy job they did, I would have made them take it back and clean it better.

Hey guys, I came across these Ford Performance black lug nuts that are absolute fits for our wheels on the STs. They are pricey but PVD stainless lug nuts that are exact replacements of the chrome lug nuts.

These are on CJpony parts site

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-performance-lug-nut-set-black-oe-style-2015-2019/p/M1012MB/

Wow.. nice find. And yes, while they are spendy... if the ones I have now start to show corrosion... I will get these in a heartbeat. Heck might even just do it sooner, because the PVD coating and shine will better match the wheels vs. the flatter black look of the ones I have on now.

FWIW, better price for those Gorilla 96643BDC lug nuts at Summit Racing:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-96643bdx/overview/
LOL Crap... why didn't I come across any of these (yours and the post above) when I was searching like a mad man. Now I am torn between these and the Ford Performance ones. I like that these are different, like the splined ones.. but even that each one is a keyed deal acting as 5 locks.

LOL Crap... why didn't I come across any of these (yours and the post above) when I was searching like a mad man. Now I am torn between these and the Ford Performance ones. I like that these are different, like the splined ones.. but even that each one is a keyed deal acting as 5 locks.

Why pay 100 bucks for these wheel locks? That's a crazy amount. Unless you live in the ghetto.

Why pay 100 bucks for these wheel locks? That's a crazy amount. Unless you live in the ghetto.
Ehhh for me its not really the lock function, its that they look cooler then the normal hex lug. And at $100 they are still cheaper then a set of the Ford Racing ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ehhh for me its not really the lock function, its that they look cooler then the normal hex lug. And at $100 they are still cheaper then a set of the Ford Racing ones.

I agree with you that I like the look and the lock function is secondary. I purchased a set of these that are 6 per wheel to have a set of spare lug nuts (96644BDX) at Summit racing. They are $128 a set. Unfortunately, these days there are lots of people trying to take nice things that we work our butts off to buy to have nice things.

Back