2020 Explorer Cross Taffic Alert Performance Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Cross Taffic Alert Performance Issue

hussaST

Reaction score
City, State
Pickering
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I was noticing some issues with my cross-traffic sensor not picking up cars (had few close calls!). Took it to the dealer who said it was a manufacturing issue and did a hard reset/calibration. However, I sometimes notice the system is "late" to pick up cars and often just missed them completely. Does anyone have the same experience?

Also, the range of the radar seems weak - it doesn't pick up cars two lanes over when I back out of the driveway (namely from the drive side). My 2018 Accord and 2015 Optima picked them up lol? Seems like some poor build quality on Ford.

Ours seems overly sensitive if anything. I was backing out of a spot, and a car pulled into a drive thru lane at the Arbys behind me. There was a median in between us, as well as what I considered great distance. As I was backing out BAM, the Explorer locked it's brakes so hard my wife and I both thought I had hit something.

I was noticing some issues with my cross-traffic sensor not picking up cars (had few close calls!). Took it to the dealer who said it was a manufacturing issue and did a hard reset/calibration. However, I sometimes notice the system is "late" to pick up cars and often just missed them completely. Does anyone have the same experience?

Also, the range of the radar seems weak - it doesn't pick up cars two lanes over when I back out of the driveway (namely from the drive side). My 2018 Accord and 2015 Optima picked them up lol? Seems like some poor build quality on Ford.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't have the Explorer, but as Rick mentioned, mine seems quite sensitive as well.

Peter

Back