2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid Production | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid Production

My11thFord

Reaction score
City, State
Northeast, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
Does anyone have a clue about when production will begin on the hybrid?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been told that Explorer hybrid including PIU and Aviator Grand Touring will start sometime early October with an outside chance at late September. Have heard that from 2 different Lincoln dealers in different states.

Does anyone have a clue about when production will begin on the hybrid?
The production schedule shows;
2020 Lincoln Aviator PHEV 9/30/19. Lead time 12-14 weeks.
No info on the Explorer.

Peter

Thanks for the information. For VIN assignment on already orders, I assume that would be soon after the start Escape Hybrid production scheduling.

Oops -- I just realized that I posted including Escape (which I had several cars ago) when I should have used Explorer Limited.

As the production date approaches and VIN's start to be received, those willing to post they have receive their's and what projected production date they show would be appreciated.

The production schedule shows;
2020 Lincoln Aviator PHEV 9/30/19. Lead time 12-14 weeks.
No info on the Explorer.

Peter

I saw the first TV commercial I've seen for the Explorer Hybrid the other night which I thought was promising. I ordered an Aviator Hybrid last month and the dealer told me not to expect anything before the first of the year. That is also when Ford has said they'll be available in Europe.

I saw the same commercial multiple times today. Here is how I plan to periodically report my 2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid order:
Order Date: 08/13/2019 VIN Assigned Date: TBD Production Date: TBD
I hope your Aviator Hybrid gets to you earlier than your current forcast.

Weekly check. Anyone with a VIN for a 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid yet? :wave:

Does an Aviator count????

You bet it does. Do you have a VIN and if so, what build date does it have and what is its current stats relative to delivery?

Yes I have a VIN, build is week of 11-11 and delivery estimated for the first week of December.

Thanks and congrats. What was the date that you ordered the car?

Thanks. I'm trying to see how they are sequencing the hybrid production. Does your VIN number end with A#####, or the beginning letter something other than A? Also, is the first number after the alphabetic A or other 0 or a higher number. I'm hoping that the dam may have been broken and a "brisk" output will begin.

Thanks. I'm trying to see how they are sequencing the hybrid production. Does your VIN number end with A#####, or the beginning letter something other than A? Also, is the first number after the alphabetic A or other 0 or a higher number. I'm hoping that the dam may have been broken and a "brisk" output will begin.

No "A" in my serial number at all.

Thanks Zeeb for all your Help. Still waiting on finding the first to receive a VIN for a 2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid.

Now that there is a documented VIN for an Aviator Hybrid, I have two questions for anyone able to answer or discuss.

1. Since the Chicago Assembly facility is or has set up a new production line for hybrids, I assume it will produce both Aviator and Explorer Hybrids. Is that correct?

2. If #1 is yes, can production be mixed where both Aviator and Explorer Hybrids be mixed during production week or would only one of them be produced during a production week?

Does anyone know an answer to either or both questions?

Now that there is a documented VIN for an Aviator Hybrid, I have two questions for anyone able to answer or discuss.

1. Since the Chicago Assembly facility is or has set up a new production line for hybrids, I assume it will produce both Aviator and Explorer Hybrids. Is that correct?

2. If #1 is yes, can production be mixed where both Aviator and Explorer Hybrids be mixed during production week or would only one of them be produced during a production week?

Does anyone know an answer to either or both questions?

They do not rotate schedules. They are built at the same time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks blwnsmoke. Hopefuly we will get release of some Explorer VINs before long now as we get into November.

Back