• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Limited TPMS Fault

Charles Voyles

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Out of the blue, our 2020 Limited started showing a Tire Pressure Monitor Fault and all 4 wheels reporting no data. I took it to Discount Tire and they put the TPM in learn mode and trained each sensor/tire. Their device read each tire and pressure and the car completed the training process but the fault remained. They tried this 3 times and I took it for a 15 minute drive but the fault is still there. Before I take it to Ford, I thought I’d check with this group. Has anyone run into this or something similar?

IMG_0495.jpeg

IMG_0496.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I wonder if perhaps for some reason the programming was deleted/lost. I did some searching and found this interesting info which I pulled from the article itself.

1699370920565.png

Peter

Upvote 0

When just one sensor fails, it is likely related to the sensor itself. Since all 4 are not registering, it seems logical that it is possibly related to the module. I doubt you are going to solve this one on your own. Perhaps try disconnecting the battery for a while and then re-connecting. Otherwise, the dealership will need to put your vehicle on their scanner and see what module is having an issue.

Upvote 0

Back