2020 Explorer Platinum driver assist mode failures | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Platinum driver assist mode failures

BSaggie

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Starting last spring our 2020 explorer platinum began showing various driver assist mode faults as well as the reverse brake assist fault and the backup camera showing blue screen. At first it was pretty intermittent, but now is constant. In addition to the RBA failure, we are getting 4WD, Pre-Collision Assist, AdvanceTrac and Hill Start assist faults. I knew the rear camera camera was a recall and the reverse brake assist would resolve once the camera was replaced. I took it into the dealer we purchased the car from and explained the issues and showed them pictures of the faults. They said the software needed to updated and so updated the firmware in the various modules. This didn't fix anything. They finally agreed to replaced the backup camera and that resolved the RBA fault as expected. However, to make matters worse, while they were doing the software updates they somehow broke the driver seat and steering wheel power functions (both were working fine before the dealership worked on it). After keeping the vehicle for over 3 weeks they claimed the module controlling the seat functions got corrupted and we needed a new one. That was back in early October and they still haven't got one in stock (they claim due to the chip shortage). So for almost 2 months now we have been driving the vehicle with non-functioning power controls on the driver seat and steering wheel as well as the other faults I mentioned. Obviously this dealer is not good and I need to take it to another, but wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or idea of what is going on?

Thanks

Back