2020 Explorer Platinum , Rapid Red ordered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Platinum , Rapid Red ordered

rpmgolfs

Reaction score
City, State
OVERLAND PARK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
After researching and waiting since January to get one. I finally got the go ahead from the spouse. Drove the ST . Liked it, but thought for everyday at little too much for her. My car is an Audi SQ5, so we didn't need a second hot rod. Liked the Rapid red with Ebony interior, tech package and 21" wheels. Glad I found this forum so I can track the build and ship progress. Hopefully most of the previous issues you guys have gone through has cleared the road for a faster turn around.

"Liked it, but thought for everyday at little too much for her." = I didn't want her to have the faster car. Congrats on the purchase. Hopefully it goes faster than most people's.

Well, yeah since you put it that way. ;) But the Platinum is no 4 banger and plenty quick. Anybody found a way retune the detuned engine in the Platinum vs the ST?

Well, yeah since you put it that way. ;) But the Platinum is no 4 banger and plenty quick. Anybody found a way retune the detuned engine in the Platinum vs the ST?
Check out the thread 2020 ST Tuning in the 'Modification' subforum. With th 5th gen., Livernois tunes were used on both the Sport and Platinum.

Peter

Back