2020 Explorer ST Atlas Blue Ordered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer ST Atlas Blue Ordered

TonyST

Reaction score
City, State
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KW4WO
I ordered an the Explorer ST on 3/16. Atlas Blue retail order. Sounds like I need to check with the dealer and see if a VIN has been issued and a build date loaded!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats!! Keep us updated.

Yo Tony I also ordered a Atlas Blue ST yesterday for my wife. Customer Order (retail) I am familiar with Fords ordering system. I ordered a 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack Race Red. Was the number 2 mustang delivered in Virginia. Also have ordered 2 other Fords (Mustang and Explorer Sport). I know the auto industry pretty well. I run a 30 bay automotive garage. Do you mind if I post my Explorer ST order here. I don't get having a separate post for each order. I am one of the founding members of the Mustang6g forums which is now nationally recognized and respected mustang breaking news forum. We would have never done a separate post per order. That would have been nuts. But don't want to upset anyone. I am coming in "late" with my explorer order. I hope I get a VIN number soon. We are going on Vacation in July. Be nice to have that new explorer for our annual beach trip!

Im not familiar with Ford New order tracking though. COTUS was the way I always did it. Does the new system provide any new input? Or is it the same thing just rebadge? Anyone have any insights?

Ahhhh I'll just create a new post.

Ahhhh I'll just create a new post.
Sorry, wasn't able to get back on to reply. I see you started your own thread. I also had ordered a 2015 Race Red Mustang GT when they came out. Still have it! It would have been fine to have been under this thread if you had wanted to.

Would you stop ordering my cars in my colors! Geez . I still have mine as well. It has a crazy 7,000 miles on it. Thanks for the ok. Not sure the “rules” of this forum. A guy got sorta yelled at about posting his order on another guys thread. He was like post ur own. I thought it was ridiculous but heyyyy don’t wanna upset anyone.

Btw did you get a vin number yet?

My Mustang only has about 9500 miles on it. I am gonna check this weekend to find out if a VIN has been issued. Sounds like it may have been by now. I know blwnsmoke and bluelamp both have ST ordered retail and have VINs and build dates.

Just got VIN number issued today. However, the VIN order tracking site shows no build date issued yet. The order is still processing. Making progress at least. It does sound like things are moving good at the plant.

My build date week is for June 17th. They must be making good progress at the plant.

My build date week is for June 17th. They must be making good progress at the plant.

Did you get your build week from your dealer or did your VIN pop up on the tracking site Ford Vehicle Order Tracking ? I ordered my ST in mid-Feb and have a VIN, but it isn't showing on Ford's order tracking site and the dealer says they don't have a build week yet. I'm hoping my dealer just doesn't know where to find my build week, but if yours is showing on Ford's tracking site, then something may have went wrong with my order. Everyone who ordered retail mid-March or earlier seems to have a build week of June 17th except for me.

Did you get your build week from your dealer or did your VIN pop up on the tracking site Ford Vehicle Order Tracking ? I ordered my ST in mid-Feb and have a VIN, but it isn't showing on Ford's order tracking site and the dealer says they don't have a build week yet. I'm hoping my dealer just doesn't know where to find my build week, but if yours is showing on Ford's tracking site, then something may have went wrong with my order. Everyone who ordered retail mid-March or earlier seems to have a build week of June 17th except for me.
I got it from the dealer. It still shows the estimated delivery date on the Ford Vehicle Order tracking site as "NA". I had to have one of the sales managers pull the build week estimate for me from the system. I am not that familiar with the exact details of who can find it but it sounds like it is not readily available to all the sales crew at the dealers. Some of the other guys on here are much more familiar with this so they may be able to help further.

I called the Performance Center Tech line today and they gave me the build day as June 18th in the system. They were very helpful and suggested that "OK to buy/sell" would not be until late June most likely.

I called the Performance Center Tech line today and they gave me the build day as June 18th in the system. They were very helpful and suggested that "OK to buy/sell" would not be until late June most likely.

Nearly 2 months for OK to Buy?? I know they just retooled CAP, but damn that seems extreme.

Nearly 2 months for OK to Buy?? I know they just retooled CAP, but damn that seems extreme.

Reality is, nobody knows. Problems could be resolved tomorrow and have a good 5 day run, problems could keep popping up for weeks. Nobody should be giving anyone timelines on when they think it will happen.

My June 18th build date as of last Friday slipped to June 28th so about a 10 day slip.

The link to my window sticker appeared today on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site. However, there is no window sticker there. Hopefully the window sticker will show up soon since it appears that the window sticker is created a few days before build day. Mine is supposed to be built on 6/28 and saw that someone has a window sticker that is to be built on 6/25.

Went back and looked at the tracking site and realized it says it is "In Production" status now. As I said though, the window sticker is not available yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Went back and looked at the tracking site and realized it says it is "In Production" status now. As I said though, the window sticker is not available yet.

Ford's tracking sucks (online). In production just means that they are preparing for the build. It takes less then 24 hours to make the vehicle.. it will stay in "in production" for about a week.

Back