2020 explorer xlt total loss or fixable!??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 explorer xlt total loss or fixable!???

feelinIrie2020

Reaction score
City, State
Miami Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer xlt
Hey guys. Got in an accident on Thanksgiving. Got hit by someone doing an illegal U-turn. Insurance just dropped it off to the body shop today. Im just curious do yall think this is fixable or totaled? Doesnt appear to be any frame damage.

20231127_105204.jpg

20231127_105159.jpg

20231127_105119.jpg

20231127_105535.jpg

20231127_105624.jpg

20231127_105225.jpg

20231127_105228.jpg

20231127_105422.jpg

20231127_105425.jpg

20231127_105111.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bags popped it's going to be total loss. Luckily your okay vehicle's can be replaced. Just curious where you doing highway speeds? Cause it's uncommon to have the curtain go off and not the side impact. Anyway like I said glad you're safe.

Definitely a total loss. Glad you're okay bro.

Bags popped it's going to be total loss. Luckily your okay vehicle's can be replaced. Just curious where you doing highway speeds? Cause it's uncommon to have the curtain go off and not the side impact. Anyway like I said glad you're safe.
Thanks. Got a call from the collision place and they said they estimated the damage to be at $29,000+ and thats without digging deep. The air bags alone were at $9,000 (i thought that was excessive) so they are 90% certain insurance would total it and thats exactly what they did lol

What's the buyback price?

SDefinitely a total loss. Glad you're okay bro.
Thanks. Insurance is in the process of totalling it.
I have no clue maybe it was the angle he hit me (2004 f150). It was city streets. I was going about 40 when the guy hit me. It probably would have been worse if i didnt jump the curb. The side air bag burned a hole in my shirt lol

I would buy it back and put the drivetrain into a ranger!! Many of us here would.

Sorry for your loss
Glad you are ok
Hope the other driver had insurance! Your insurance company will be going after him

I would buy it back and put the drivetrain into a ranger!! Many of us here would.
Especially if I was the owner of the wrecked car, I know the history. All my vehicles are as tight as the owner.

Thanks. Insurance is in the process of totalling it.

I have no clue maybe it was the angle he hit me (2004 f150). It was city streets. I was going about 40 when the guy hit me. It probably would have been worse if i didnt jump the curb. The side air bag burned a hole in my shirt lol
Look up Collision safety Consultants on Facebook if you feel you are not getting a payout for what the vehicle truly is.

He does AMAZING work with getting you more money than what they offer in your pocket. I'd use them every time with all the stories I read from his clients and him.

I am late to the party on this response but thought I would chime in since I rebuild damaged cars as a hobby. I just finished rebuilding a 21 XLT that I bought from auction after a deer collision. Front end damage was almost identical to your photos with no rear quarter panel damage and I could save the hood. All airbags deployed - roof curtain, wheel, passenger dash, both knee and both front seats. I put about $7,000 in parts into the repair. I am not surprised they totaled your vehicle.

Thanks. Got a call from the collision place and they said they estimated the damage to be at $29,000+ and thats without digging deep. The air bags alone were at $9,000 (i thought that was excessive) so they are 90% certain insurance would total it and thats exactly what they did lol
How much did your insurance pay you? I just got hit the same way same damage smh

Back