2020 Explorer | Page 39 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

Plugged a trailer hitch light plug into receiver and wife said too many prompts came up and annoyed her, so I took it out.
Was done to try and bypass auto start stop.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will be the Kia or Hyundai - too much buzz about them in terms of tech/ value for price. I actually test drove both top trims and couldn’t see myself driving them long-term. ST arrived and I got it right away.

It will be the Kia or Hyundai - too much buzz about them in terms of tech/ value for price. I actually test drove both top trims and couldn’t see myself driving them long-term. ST arrived and I got it right away.

Too much buzz for value and price then go buy your Kia or Heundai with 10 years / 1000K warranty. We are a special group of ST owners. if you like value for price then I would say buy a Toyota Camry.

Too much buzz for value and price then go buy your Kia or Heundai with 10 years / 1000K warranty. We are a special group of ST owners. if you like value for price then I would say buy a Toyota Camry.

I guess I agree with your story.

............... We are a special group of ST owners. if you like value for price then I would say buy a Toyota Camry.
Keep in mind this is a thread on the 2020 Explorer. It is not an exclusive ST thread although the majority of the new Explorer owners here have the ST trim.

Peter

He was referring to which one would win the SUV of the Year award....... He clearly stated he bought the ST

Well we've had the car for several days. Aside from the engine being pretty loud while accelerating normally we have no complaints. Would rather have the engine out of the 2016 platinum. Much smoother and easily more quiet. I guess it's a trade-off for all the new techie stuff. If I'd spent more time testing the cars I might have opted for the ST. If I've got to live with noise it might as well be an ST with all the horses and less money.

After you have gone about 3000 miles, use Amsoil in the engine (meets Ford Specs). It has the effect of taking the harshness and a bit of the noise away.

So, is there a button for heated mirrors? How are they engaged?

They engage with when you turn on the rear defrost, that's how they work on every car i have had. I have a 2017 EX and that's how they work.

Page 139 of your Owner's Manual. Lost of useful info in there.;)

Peter

My manual is untouched, minty fresh sealed.
So is mine but have copies downloaded to my computer of all manuals going back to 2011.
That's why you didn't have the answer to your own question. I find that many questions asked here have answers that can be found in the Owner's Manual. It would save the creation of many unnecessary threads as well.

Peter

It is cool when the members respond and help others even when it’s a “google is your friend” kind of question. I’ve seen where some members even when referencing the manual or other documents around the webs fumble up on the interpretation or what they’ve read but at least there’s a dialog and sense of community.

As a moderator, I suppose I can see some of the frustration with what seems as pointless threads or unnecessary waste of space but is it really a waste when the members eagerly step up to help? It’s something to be proud of.

I am grateful for those that have answered my questions however unnecessary or lazy they may have seemed. In turn, I am willing to help when I can and will never respond with a “google is your friend” response.

It is cool when the members respond and help others even when it’s a “google is your friend” kind of question. I’ve seen where some members even when referencing the manual or other documents around the webs fumble up on the interpretation or what they’ve read but at least there’s a dialog and sense of community.

As a moderator, I suppose I can see some of the frustration with what seems as pointless threads or unnecessary waste of space but is it really a waste when the members eagerly step up to help? It’s something to be proud of.

I am grateful for those that have answered my questions however unnecessary or lazy they may have seemed. In turn, I am willing to help when I can and will never respond with a “google is your friend” response.

How has your experience with ST been so far?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Didn't notice any evidence of overheating the brakes. The fast runs would have had time to cool them down some. Did notice some traffic infractions though.:)

Peter

Back