2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Ok--but is this a thing you do before you buy your car? Or after?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok--but is this a thing you do before you buy your car? Or after?

Thanks!

After, he can't sell an ESP until the vehicle is registered as sold to Ford Corp (typically up to a week, depending on how fast your dealer is on reporting the sale).

Gotcha. Thanks!

So guys, sounds like FL will not let me buy an ESP online. Can I still get through Joel since it is not really online?

So guys, sounds like FL will not let me buy an ESP online. Can I still get through Joel since it is not really online?

No, Joel will not sell to FL residents as he mist be licensed with FL to sell them (FL law).

Lombard Ford will sell you ome as they are licensed for FL. You still pay MSRP but you will save the sales tax.

Gotcha. Thanks!
Keep in mind that the coverage starts with the vehicle's 'In Service' date and is not added to the end of the factory warranty. So a 4 year ESP warranty will only take you 1 year beyond that factory warranty. The same for the mileage. The advantage is the coverage for a first day rental if you get that option.

Pete

It sounds like I am screwed since I live in FL. Somehow the state of Florida govt oversight is colluding with Car dealers to fix the rates for these extended service plans. They all have to change the same rate. Lombard, as was mentioned won't charge sales tax and they have a couple of other perks that make it better to buy through them. Terribly expensive compared to Joel's rates though.

I was just looking at the esp plans, there seems to be different tiers of amount of components covered. What level is exemplified in the sample pricing? Thank you

Will he do @ cost ESP for a Lincoln Nautilus?

How do I go about getting pricing for it? Need a VIN? I figure with some of the oddities my wife has had so far with her Nautilus that it might be a good idea to get an ESP.

How do I go about getting pricing for it? Need a VIN? I figure with some of the oddities my wife has had so far with her Nautilus that it might be a good idea to get an ESP.
SEE POST #19

Post 19 is fine, however I am not "ready to buy" and I didnt want to bother him with a PM/email in order to get baseline pricing so that we can make a buying decision.

Post 19 is fine, however I am not "ready to buy" and I didnt want to bother him with a PM/email in order to get baseline pricing so that we can make a buying decision.

yeah. my dealer told me not to be too worried about extended warranty as I can purchase it in the next 3 years, just got to make sure miles are below 36K.

Dealerships make a big chunk of money from these extended warranties and tire and wheel warranty. They will be trying very hard to lure us with all these extra warranties.

I got the tire and wheel warranty. I took it to Ford dealer to check it out. Hankook tire was peeling apart from the middle and I can see it was not safe to drive it. Manager told me that it was a normal wear and tear for these Hankooks and that it was not covered under warranty because of that. They would have covered it if they saw a nail in the tire and if it got punctured for some reason.

yeah. my dealer told me not to be too worried about extended warranty as I can purchase it in the next 3 years, just got to make sure miles are below 36K.

Dealerships make a big chunk of money from these extended warranties and tire and wheel warranty. They will be trying very hard to lure us with all these extra warranties.

I got the tire and wheel warranty. I took it to Ford dealer to check it out. Hankook tire was peeling apart from the middle and I can see it was not safe to drive it. Manager told me that it was a normal wear and tear for these Hankooks and that it was not covered under warranty because of that. They would have covered it if they saw a nail in the tire and if it got punctured for some reason.

You are absolutely right. However, after 1yr/12k, it goes up $100. If you know you are going to do it, just do it. Finance it through Joel for 0% in 24 equal payments. On my F350 6.7, it was $82.50 a month for 24 months, interest free. Far easier pill to swallow than $2,300 all upfront.

Also, you get the free rental that you wouldn't get if you wait till your b2b is about to expire. For me, it's a no brainer, I'm getting the 8yr/150k Premium plan.

I vaguely recall some warranty plan that the Lincoln dealer was trying to sell us, and I dont recall the name, but I'm thinking it was not an ESP. It covered things like tears in the leather seats and such. He gave us an anecdotal story of a woman that had it, and a child got in the seat with a pen in their pocket, punctured the leather, and Lincoln swapped the entire seat out free of charge. That isnt part of ESP right?

I vaguely recall some warranty plan that the Lincoln dealer was trying to sell us, and I dont recall the name, but I'm thinking it was not an ESP. It covered things like tears in the leather seats and such. He gave us an anecdotal story of a woman that had it, and a child got in the seat with a pen in their pocket, punctured the leather, and Lincoln swapped the entire seat out free of charge. That isnt part of ESP right?

No

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back