2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

New to the forum and new ST owner and want to get the 7/125 from Joel but can’t figure out the PM here lol. Long time mustang forums guy. Any chance to help a brother out on how to send you a pm to reach Joel? Thanks

Click on my name and click start a conversation

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New to the forum and new ST owner and want to get the 7/125 from Joel but can’t figure out the PM here lol. Long time mustang forums guy. Any chance to help a brother out on how to send you a pm to reach Joel? Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I'm thinking of purchasing ST in Nov/Dec so going thru all the threads here! Pardon my ignorance since i'm new to all these.
My question is: Is ESP worth it? I purchased one such ESP for my Toyota Sienna back in 2006 when i purchased it brand new and never ended up using it. Given that Toyota's and Honda's have more reliability than Ford, but do you guys think it is still required? Now I still have to go thru the coverage to see what is covered and what is not, but would like to get you guys' expert opinions. Thanks so much!

I'm thinking of purchasing ST in Nov/Dec so going thru all the threads here! Pardon my ignorance since i'm new to all these.
My question is: Is ESP worth it? I purchased one such ESP for my Toyota Sienna back in 2006 when i purchased it brand new and never ended up using it. Given that Toyota's and Honda's have more reliability than Ford, but do you guys think it is still required? Now I still have to go thru the coverage to see what is covered and what is not, but would like to get you guys' expert opinions. Thanks so much!

there are a lot of us getting the ESP. Since it is a new gen first year it is a good idea, besides the fact that there are obvious issues early on. I had the 2015 Mustang and an early build and wish I had purchased the ESP on it because they had introduced a new (spelled Cheap) AC condenser on the new design for 2015 and I had to have it replaced twice because the part failed. Just good insurance since Sxxx happens. JMHO

We have no need to purchase ESP wright away. We can purchase ESP when we have close to 3 years, 36K miles. Maybe in 3 - 4 years when they upgrade their engine to 500HP, 15 or 20 inch screen and much better fuel economy I might be tempting to upgrade. You never know. I got 16 Sport, did not get ESP and traded it in for 2020 because of the new model. If you plan to keep it for 7 or so years then ESP is the way to go for you.

We have no need to purchase ESP wright away. We can purchase ESP when we have close to 3 years, 36K miles. Maybe in 3 - 4 years when they upgrade their engine to 500HP, 15 or 20 inch screen and much better fuel economy I might be tempting to upgrade. You never know. I got 16 Sport, did not get ESP and traded it in for 2020 because of the new model. If you plan to keep it for 7 or so years then ESP is the way to go for you.

Unless you want free rentals and to save a little money buying it up front. It is transferable and also prorated if you cancel.

I will be dropping mine off soon for its first repair visit and will be driving away in a Expedition Limited for the few days they will have it. Rather buy it upfront and not worry about rentals or someone picking me up.. or waiting 3 hours in the waiting room etc.

Unless you want free rentals and to save a little money buying it up front. It is transferable and also prorated if you cancel.

I will be dropping mine off soon for its first repair visit and will be driving away in a Expedition Limited for the few days they will have it. Rather buy it upfront and not worry about rentals or someone picking me up.. or waiting 3 hours in the waiting room etc.

Are you sure you will have an Expedition waiting for you? Does getting ESP guarantee that I will be driving off with Expedition if my car is in the shop?

When I leased my Ford Edge Sport with only a few K miles on it the sunroof was stuck and would not close. I brought it in to Ford for repairs. They gave me Mazda 3. They said they had no other vehicles available.

Are you sure you will have an Expedition waiting for you? Does getting ESP guarantee that I will be driving off with Expedition if my car is in the shop?

When I leased my Ford Edge Sport with only a few K miles on it the sunroof was stuck and would not close. I brought it in to Ford for repairs. They gave me Mazda 3. They said they had no other vehicles available.

You can only get a Ford under the ESP and they use Enterprise for majority of the rentals. I have had an Expedition every single time but 1 (damn Ecosport) when I drop off. I do my homework though and insure I call up Enterprise 3 or 4 days before I drop off just to give them a heads up I need one. I even had 2018 Navigator once for a week when they came out (still a Ford product).

They have a bunch of fusions and MKZs as well typically but I have ways requested the Expedition since it is the closest to my F350 or Explorer interior wise.

Don't warranty repairs have a free loaner anyways? You can't use the free rentals for regular maintenance visits can you?
When I brought in my car for the warranty repair on my exterior trim and window, they covered the Enterprise rental (4 days). I remember the saleperson also said, any service dept visit that is expected to be longer than 3 hour, they will cover the rental car. Last time I used Enterprise out of pocket, I told them I was getting work done and wanted the insurance rate and it was about $30/day for a small econocar. So, not too worried about getting a car.

I'd rather wait and see how this car does in terms of reliability and like Forddealz said, if better features come out that maybe this car should have come with, I don't have to worry about dealing with an ESP. Being saddled with Sync3 and this underutilized 10" screen would really piss me off, for example--when Sync4 is so much better and actually uses the 10" screen.

Don't warranty repairs have a free loaner anyways? You can't use the free rentals for regular maintenance visits can you?
When I brought in my car for the warranty repair on my exterior trim and window, they covered the Enterprise rental (4 days). I remember the saleperson also said, any service dept visit that is expected to be longer than 3 hour, they will cover the rental car. Last time I used Enterprise out of pocket, I told them I was getting work done and wanted the insurance rate and it was about $30/day for a small econocar. So, not too worried about getting a car.

I'd rather wait and see how this car does in terms of reliability and like Forddealz said, if better features come out that maybe this car should have come with, I don't have to worry about dealing with an ESP. Being saddled with Sync3 and this underutilized 10" screen would really piss me off, for example--when Sync4 is so much better and actually uses the 10" screen.

No, warranty does not give you a rental (it does for Lincoln vehicles). Some dealers have their own fleet and sometimes Ford will cover an issue but it is rare. Long story short, rentals are not provided for majority of repairs.

The 2 times I was supplied with a loaner, both were Ford products. One was an Escape and the other an Edge. The first time they actually brought the loaner to the house (15 miles) and took my Explorer back for service and then returned it later in the day.

Peter

The 2 times I was supplied with a loaner, both were Ford products. One was an Escape and the other an Edge. The first time they actually brought the loaner to the house (15 miles) and took my Explorer back for service and then returned it later in the day.

Peter

It is sad but your dealer is definitely the exception and not the rule. They take really good care of you.

I think loaner cars and pickup/drop off are included with the higher dollar Lincolns isn't it? I was under the impression that was the case for my Grand Touring Aviator Hybrid?

I think loaner cars and pickup/drop off are included with the higher dollar Lincolns isn't it? I was under the impression that was the case for my Grand Touring Aviator Hybrid?

3 posts up from yours answers your question.

Hey Blwnsmoke, sent you a message last Friday. Did you get it? (regarding warranty contact).

It looks like quite a few people are signing up for ESPs, which is great. Let me add a couple points that I’ve learned which may be helpful to my fellow newbies:

1 - The electronic PDF paperwork you exchange with Joel will be your only documentation. Ford does not mail you hard copy. You can print out the PDF file if you wish. If you do the 24-month payment deal, you will get a monthly mailed statement for that.

2 - The FordPass app may not show that you have an ESP in effect (Vehicle Details/Vehicle Details/Ford Protect in the app). Rest assured the ESP is in the system and shows up when the VIN is entered by the dealer. No explanation so far why it doesn’t show in FordPass except that it seems to affect ESPs purchased separately from the sale transaction (as these are).

I verified this with Joel. Hopefully this may prevent some confusion and followup with him on these points.

Joel has setup a dedicated email for ESPs that go right to him that is not advertised. PM me when you are ready to buy one and he can get you pricing.
Not sure if i'm doing this right; but my 2020 Limited will arrive within the next week or so and I intend to purchase the Premium ESP. Can you send me contact information for Joel?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

click on blwnsmoke's name and select "Start a conversation" to send him a private message.

Back