2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

ESP is like all insurance, gambling. You are risking money for something that might happen and will be covered for equal or less than your plan cost. You are also gambling that your vehicle will be fully trouble free beyond your factory warranty. Companies are gambling that they never have to pay out anything but sales commissions. All my ESP purchases have been a winner for me. On my 93 Explorer XLT, it fully covered parts and labor for trans replacement beyond standard miles. On my 2005 Explorer XLT, it covered failed fuel system and intake repairs. On my 2014 Sport, it fully covered replacement of premium drivers seat and rear hatch auto lift, which were beyond standard mileage warranty. With complexities of mechanical and electrical design in these vehicles, I like being able to have the ESP. Some of my other cars in the past had a third party ESP policy which always was worthless when trying to get things fixed in a timely manner at no cost based on the policy. I stick with the manufacturers policy now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ESP is like all insurance, gambling.
Don't want to pollute this thread so I'll only respond this once. I disagree with the gambling analysis, although it is technically correct from an actuarial perspective. Another way to think of it, is that you are simply buying peace of mind and that it doesn't matter if you come out ahead, either way, it is taken care of. With an ESP, you either enjoy a car with no troubles for many years, or a car with troubles that someone else pays for, either way you win. You don't buy quality health insurance and then feel like you lost the "gamble" by being healthy and not needing it. Insure yourself, your home and your car and get an ESP and sleep peaceably at night knowing that regardless of whether all goes well or not, you are taken care of. THAT is the true value of insurance.

I do not dispute your value of insurance as peace of mind. It is why I get ESP and travel insurance. The hope is that it will be available without hassle when you need to make a claim. I have been on a couple of dark sides of plans where insurers either went out of business without notification or required extensive hassles to receive a claim. That is he reason for gambling analogy. Now I only purchase ESP through the manufacturer. Ford plans have been hassle free and more than worth the cost.

Now I only purchase ESP through the manufacturer. Ford plans have been hassle free and more than worth the cost.
I would never buy from other than the manufacturer...don't think I've ever heard a story of someone happy all the way through to the end with a non-OEM car warranty. Happy your experience has been hassle free, that's great news!

I was not realizing it was extended service plan(ESP) pricing. I have not had experience with those. I didn't have time to fully type out the question better. Now I know what ESP is.
That's what happens when one lives that close to the Arclatx border ....... :rolleyes:

I have ONE rule, PM me for Joel's contact info. I do not want his email he setup for this posted on the forum because then it will just get full of SPAM. This email is strictly for members to contact him direct.

DO NOT write on my profile page asking for Joel's info, again my ONE rule, PM me. Profile page conversations are public for anyone logged in to see. These posts will not get replied too.

Just like the 5th Gen, you can get an ESP @ cost through Joel. 2020 Pricing is listed and I do have a screen shot of the 7 and 8 year prices with all mileage options.

7/100k = $1355
7/125k = $1,870
7/150k = $2,720
8/100k = $1,545
8/125k = $2,135
8/150k = $3,115.

These are standard $100 Deductible for AWD units (he used my ST VIN). Roughly $200 more if you want the $50 deductible. These also include 1st day rental but NOT enhance 1st day. They also do not include the LED coverage which is usually a little over $100.

I wanted to post this to minimize the amount of emails to Joel right now since nobody has their vehicle and he can't sell one for a vehicle that does not exist.

PRICES CAN CHANGE BUT THIS IS WHAT IS IN THE SYSTEM AS OF TODAY.

Again, you can get $200 over cost for Canadian Explorers/Aviators through our contact up there. The pricing above is US pricing only.

Might sound silly but how do I send you a PM?

Thanks, Dale

Might sound silly but how do I send you a PM?

Thanks, Dale
Go to any post by blwnsmoke and click on his user name in the margin and then from the pop-up select Start a Conversation.

Peter

I found that Flood Fords pricing was the lowest after checking all options.

Well after checking, I'm going with Joel. Price was good. Flood was the same after adding on the extras that Joel gave.
My dealer said that I should buy it for what Joel is offering.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Thanks blwnsmoke for the help.

Well after checking, I'm going with Joel. Price was good. Flood was the same after adding on the extras that Joel gave.
My dealer said that I should buy it for what Joel is offering.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Thanks blwnsmoke for the help.
Agree. First day rental, key service, LED coverage and interest-free financing = easy decision.

Does anyone know how to get a good price on the ESP in Canada? Is there any way to purchase the ESP from a US dealership for a Canadian vehicle?

Thanks.

Does anyone know how to get a good price on the ESP in Canada? Is there any way to purchase the ESP from a US dealership for a Canadian vehicle?

Thanks.

Check with blwnsmoke or PeterK9. Thought I seen a post where they were working on a plan for Canada but I'm not finding it right now.

Thanks.
Hey Justin. There is a link for Canadian owners in the 5th gen Forum. I don't know if that also applies to the 2020 models. Best check with blwnsmoke on that. You can send him a PM or wait and see if he sees your post.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sent a PM asking for the info several days ago...no response. Have another source, but am fine going through this site, if I can get the information.

Joel is not processing ESPs right now, they have no phone lines or internet at the dealership due to the hurricanes. I will update once they are back up and running.

They are trying to run a dealership off of a cell phone at the moment.

Back