2020 Ford XLT Explorer digital speedometer placement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Ford XLT Explorer digital speedometer placement

ultrasp99

Reaction score
City, State
Clay, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 XLT
I just purchased a 2020 Ford Explorer. I cannot get the digital speedometer to show in the center of the screen. It is now showing towards the right side of the instrument cluster just above the miles to empty and it is a smaller font. I have tried turning the adaptive cruise control off and it still stays to the right. When we brought the car home it did show up in the center of the instrument cluster and the font was large. How can I get it to show up again in the center of the screen in large font?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When the lane keeping is engaged, it shows the"road" and digital speed at the right. Press the button on the end of the blinker stick to bring the digital speed to the center. But this turns the lane keeping off. Can't have both lane keeping and centered digital speed display. As far as I've found.

Welcome to the Forum ultrasp99.:wave:

Peter

When the lane keeping is engaged, it shows the"road" and digital speed at the right. Press the button on the end of the blinker stick to bring the digital speed to the center. But this turns the lane keeping off. Can't have both lane keeping and centered digital speed display. As far as I've found.
Thank you for the reply. I have tried that button on the turn signal arm with no luck. I spoke to the dealership a couple times. It looks like something might be wrong with it. I am very disappointed. This is my 5th Explorer and the last two have not been good vehicles. There is also a clicking noise under the dashboard when going over 55. Maybe they are related. I think it’s time to look at another type of SUV. $48k and it has to go back to the shop a week later.

Thank you for the reply. I have tried that button on the turn signal arm with no luck. I spoke to the dealership a couple times. It looks like something might be wrong with it. I am very disappointed. This is my 5th Explorer and the last two have not been good vehicles. There is also a clicking noise under the dashboard when going over 55. Maybe they are related. I think it’s time to look at another type of SUV. $48k and it has to go back to the shop a week later.
Did you ever get this issue resolved? Just picked mine up and doing the same thing. Not a deal breaker for me, but if it needs to be fixed I am ok with taking it in.

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I just purchased a 2020 Ford Explorer. I cannot get the digital speedometer to show in the center of the screen. It is now showing towards the right side of the instrument cluster just above the miles to empty and it is a smaller font. I have tried turning the adaptive cruise control off and it still stays to the right. When we brought the car home it did show up in the center of the instrument cluster and the font was large. How can I get it to show up again in the center of the screen in large font?
I
i have had this issue since September. No help from Ford yet.

Not sure if you figured this out yet, I had the same problem and realized it was because I had turned on the distance detector or whatever it's called that let's you know when you're too close to another car on the road. Hope this helps anyone else that gets annoyed by this.

Did you ever get this issue resolved? Just picked mine up and doing the same thing. Not a deal breaker for me, but if it needs to be fixed I am ok with taking it in.
Go into your assist settings and turn off where it tells you you're following too close.

Not sure if you figured this out yet, I had the same problem and realized it was because I had turned on the distance detector or whatever it's called that let's you know when you're too close to another car on the road. Hope this helps anyone else that gets annoyed by this.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What you are referring to is the Adaptive Cruise and Lane Assist according to this post 12 inch information display/gauge cluster. That feature takes up some of the area that the centred digital speedometer would need.
With the Aviator display, you can have the feature ON and still have the digital speedometer in the center.
Peter

I was having the same issue. I figured it had to be some specific set of conditions to get the speedo to the center, since it would have to be a software issue not a short in the electrical. I accidentally figured out that if I turn off the lane keeping and turn on the cruise control the digital speedo goes to the center. I don't have the adaptive cruise assist on. I do not like a lot of help driving. I don't even like anti-lock brakes.

That fixed it! Thanks!!

^^ Happy New Year and welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back