• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2020 FORSCAN Discussion

PlatinumOwner

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Ok... tried all the new settings. The DDM setting changed from 1 to zero and PDM the same. Did not enable global close. When trying to change the PDM settings, it would not write. The DDM settings did take. It did create a couple bugs when trying to open globally the driver window went down a few inches then stopped. The passenger widow went down all the way. And the auto up on the driver window now does not go up automatically. The passenger does work. Put settings back to original settings still does not work for the DD. The APMI did show the new toggle for global close.

Any idea what may have caused the auto up to stop working?

exact message when trying to write in the DDM Service procedure has been interrupted
I’m not sure what would cause that if the settings were changed back. I have seen modules act “odd” before and usually a module reset, turning off the vehicle for a while, or disconnecting the battery resolved the issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

iTonyp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Coconut Creek Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
I’m not sure what would cause that if the settings were changed back. I have seen modules act “odd” before and usually a module reset, turning off the vehicle for a while, or disconnecting the battery resolved the issue.
It was off all day but have not done the battery disconnect.

iTonyp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Coconut Creek Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Disconnecting the battery did the trick. Thanks again PLatinum!

PlatinumOwner

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Today or tomorrow I’ll take a look at how Global Close is configured on the Lincoln Aviators and let you know what I find! I’m 100% sure we can get this enabled.

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
For some reason, my turn signal indicators have reverted to hyper-flash. All the other changes have remained as set. I did r&r the factory bulbs when the ST went into the shop last week because of major electrical issues which the dealer resolved. Makes me wonder if the system defaults backwards if the factory incandescent bulbs are used.

iTonyp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Coconut Creek Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
For some reason, my turn signal indicators have reverted to hyper-flash. All the other changes have remained as set. I did r&r the factory bulbs when the ST went into the shop last week because of major electrical issues which the dealer resolved. Makes me wonder if the system defaults backwards if the factory incandescent bulbs are used.
They may have restored all the settings back to default or asbuilt. Did you look at the settings?

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
Dark mode is still working as is the shut off feature for the piped in sound. I'm simply going to leave the OE turn signal bulbs in for now.

iTonyp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Coconut Creek Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Today or tomorrow I’ll take a look at how Global Close is configured on the Lincoln Aviators and let you know what I find! I’m 100% sure we can get this enabled.
Any updates on your progress?

NTxPSA

Reaction score
City, State
Pilot Point
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Has anyone posted for the Fake Engine noise? I looked on a few spreadsheets and didn't see it..

NTxPSA

Reaction score
City, State
Pilot Point
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
It's there. Keep looking.
Thanks, Is it the same for 2020 as the 2019? As that is the only one I found on this spreadsheet.

DACMC Processing Enable - Noise Cancellation or Engine Sound Enhancement
16-19MY ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x*xx xxzz 0=Off, 2=Sport Premium Audio & Platinum PlatinumOwner

snowboardernh

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Do you know if this turns of noise cancellation as well or just fake motor noise?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Do you know if this turns of noise cancellation as well or just fake motor noise?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't know for sure but I'd guess it just turns off the fake engine noise.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.