Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
The Aviator doesn't have them either.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ForScan Items I want to address but not sure if all of this is possible;

Default stop/start to disable
Set drive mode to last used on startup
Enable fog lights with hi + low beam
Panic brake stop lights flash

FORScan reference for 2011-2019 Explorer (may be handy to find 2020 settings);
FORScan 2011-2019 Explorers

FORScan reference for 2020 Explorer;
FORScan 2020 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator

I am new to FORSCAN but a nerdy engineer:) so can figure things out usually. I went to your link and not familiar with how to navigate. I have heard others mention a spreadsheet of the modules and options in the modules and it looks like on this site the info is all there, just can't get it to export. Can you help me figure this out or direct me towards a spreadsheet version of the info for the 2020 ST's? Thanks for your help here. Looks like there is a lot of switchable options in the system that FORSCAN could enable.

I am new to FORSCAN but a nerdy engineer:) so can figure things out usually. I went to your link and not familiar with how to navigate. I have heard others mention a spreadsheet of the modules and options in the modules and it looks like on this site the info is all there, just can't get it to export. Can you help me figure this out or direct me towards a spreadsheet version of the info for the 2020 ST's? Thanks for your help here. Looks like there is a lot of switchable options in the system that FORSCAN could enable.

The 2020 programming codes are different. It is going to take some trial and error.

Biggest piece of advice.. backup your as built data before you do anything. I've seen members cause vehicles not to start and other major screw ups. You always want a backup so you can return to factory default.

The 2020 programming codes are different. It is going to take some trial and error.

Biggest piece of advice.. backup your as built data before you do anything. I've seen members cause vehicles not to start and other major screw ups. You always want a backup so you can return to factory default.

Thanks, I kinda figured out from some YouTube videos that you need to register for the FORSCAN forums and then you can get their spreadsheets for each specific vehicle including the 2020 Ford Explorer sounds like. I have worked with tune loads and switches under them and other system control developers in my career so very familiar with backups and screwups but appreciate the advice. Thanks

So what all is needed to utilize forscan?

So what all is needed to utilize forscan?

Forscan software (free), windows pc/tablet and this.

Screenshot_20190824-162547_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I snatched it during a lightning deal during Prime Day for $44.99. Best one out there to do programming changes.

Has anyone figured out the exact address for disable of the rear turn signal out so we can use LED without resistors and not get hyperflash? I have the addresses for that from the 2019 Explorer and haven't looked with the tool hooked up yet (damn hurricane:). Not a lot of info out there for the 2020 explorers yet. Would be nice if Ford had a published address directory of settings for "service" people that we could get hold of.

I see where Blwnsmoke had the address for the Rear LED turn signal outage disable address in the LED thread (726-27-01). Thanks Blwnsmoke.

So if it supports IOS. Maybe I can turn on and off all the coding from my I phone, do I still need a laptop plugged in?
You can read and monitor via IOS, to write changes you will need Windows.

Has anyone figured out the exact address for disable of the rear turn signal out so we can use LED without resistors and not get hyperflash? I have the addresses for that from the 2019 Explorer and haven't looked with the tool hooked up yet (damn hurricane:). Not a lot of info out there for the 2020 explorers yet. Would be nice if Ford had a published address directory of settings for "service" people that we could get hold of.

I see where Blwnsmoke had the address for the Rear LED turn signal outage disable address in the LED thread (726-27-01). Thanks Blwnsmoke.

For MY16-19 Front shows as 726-27-01, Back shows as 726-27-02. Now I just installed LEDs in the rear turn signals with no resistors. My dash indicator Hyperflashes, but the actual LEDs do not, front and rear blink together and at normal speed.

I have tried to write to my BCM and IPM and not matter what I do, it fails and I get a Service Procedure Interruption error. I am on the latest 2.3.24, I have tried my OBDLink MX+ and also my OHP USB 1.4 with HS/MS Switch. Both do the exact same thing.

I can write to the APIM... tried turning off the AA Presentation Mode and changing startup screen and it wrote just fine.

Has anyone with a 2020 successfully written to their BCM? If so what is your setup (adapter, FORScan version etc.).

Nevermind guys... I reached out to FORScan support and they provided a test build that now allows me to properly write to the BCM and IPM. Bad news is it seems address locations must have changed more then we would have thought they would. Changing 726-27-02 to 00 vs. 01 did NOT fix my dash display doing the Hyperflash (indicating a bulb issue).

So for the heck of it I went and looked at 726-41-02 this is the double horn honk setting from MY16-19. To disable the first block should be xxx0. My AsBuilt already has this as xxx0... and I will double honk if I walk away with the vehicle running and the Fob in my pocket. So yet another address that is different.

So just a heads up, be careful with trying MY16-19 AsBuilt changes, there may be a lot that are different and don't line up anymore.

I spent a bunch of time today playing with bits in the BCM at 726-27-01 and -02. Seeing if I could stumble onto anything that worked, based on data found on the interwebs. Sadly, I could not come up with anything in those address block that would fix they Hyperflash, and since it used to be in the same address space, I also tried to get Bambi Mode working. No dice on either front. Also spent a bunch of time messing with things in the IPM with the built in settings. Could not get anything to work... no surprise there given the new cluster.

In all the trial and error the only new thing I got working was just cute minor stuff. I have the steering wheel heat Icon showing up at the top of the 10.1 next to the seat heater/cooled Icon. Beyond that the rest of the work was pretty much a big failure to get anything useful to work.

So next step.. I wonder if the new 2020 Aviators have rear LED turn signals. If yes, I will find a VIN and start going over asBuilt data in the BCM to see if I can find anything interesting.

So just another quick update, I downloaded an Aviator manual. It states there are NO serviceable bulbs. Everything is LED. So you would think somewhere in the BCM there might be a address handling this, unless they don't use a bulb out indication service at all on those. And yeah, I tried the setting the Aviator had for 726-27-01 and 02... still notta. :( Time to go through the BCM address by address and find differences.

So I downloaded my as built IDS info from the Ford site and the information we really need to correspond to the settings (the function) is not included in the info. So from what I have seen in this forum it looks like the addresses are at least shifted from previous years so it would take a long time to experiment and actually find the right address to change things. Does anyone have an inside track to the Ford control info that gives us the function for the address settings in the control system? That map would make it so much easier.

Ok guys, so I did some trial and error today and think I found the rear turn bulb detection address. If you are going to change this you will need the FORScan test build 2.3.25 to be able to write to the BCM. Its a TEST build, know that going in. You can find it HERE.

As expected it's in the BCM.
726-44-02 - x*xx xxxx xx = Change the digit at the * to a 0 (Zero). My asBuilt had a 1 in that location. My turn signals no longer Hyperflash the dash indicator. Keep in mind I have NON-Resistor LED turn signals in the rear. I did my best to verify nothing else seems to be affected - YMMV.

I also spent some time trying to find Bambi mode, as it used to be in the same address space as the bulb detection. No luck... :( with just blind poking. It's easier when you have an asBuilt with the feature enabled like you would want. In the case of the LED Hyperflash, knowing the Aviator had 100% LEDs gave me a solid potential of "it has to be in here somewhere".

Ok guys, so I did some trial and error today and think I found the rear turn bulb detection address. If you are going to change this you will need the FORScan test build 2.3.25 to be able to write to the BCM. Its a TEST build, know that going in. You can find it HERE.

As expected it's in the BCM.
726-44-02 - x*xx xxxx xx = Change the digit at the * to a 0 (Zero). My asBuilt had a 1 in that location. My turn signals no longer Hyperflash the dash indicator. Keep in mind I have NON-Resistor LED turn signals in the rear. I did my best to verify nothing else seems to be affected - YMMV.

I also spent some time trying to find Bambi mode, as it used to be in the same address space as the bulb detection. No luck... :( with just blind poking. It's easier when you have an asBuilt with the feature enabled like you would want. In the case of the LED Hyperflash, knowing the Aviator had 100% LEDs gave me a solid potential of "it has to be in here somewhere".

Great work! I am finally gonna get time this week to dig into this and see if we can find out some more addresses. Was there anything else in the Test version of FORScan you got them to release? The list of changes below is what I am going for. I have the 2019 addresses for all those in the list below but it sounds like most things are shifted at least.

Auto-Engine Shutdown Disable
Disable Door Lock Horn Honk
Heated and Cooled Seats Icons on Home and Climate Screens
Show Temps on Gauges
Double Horn Honk Disable
Secure Idle (Police Mode)

Great work! I am finally gonna get time this week to dig into this and see if we can find out some more addresses. Was there anything else in the Test version of FORScan you got them to release? The list of changes below is what I am going for. I have the 2019 addresses for all those in the list below but it sounds like most things are shifted at least.

Auto-Engine Shutdown Disable
Disable Door Lock Horn Honk
Heated and Cooled Seats Icons on Home and Climate Screens - At least for the 10.1" screen these do not work. Other APIM related SYNC setting do appear to work, like Startup Screen, Themes and I did get the Heated Steering Wheel Icon to show in the top bar next to the seat heat icon.
Show Temps on Gauges - I have tried a lot of stuff in the IPC. Nothing seems to map to what it used to. Which makes sense given its a whole new 12.3" Display.
Double Horn Honk Disable
Secure Idle (Police Mode)

Right now they only made IPC and BCM write. APIM was writing with the 2.3.24 version. I have only tried those 3 modules (IPC, BCM, APIM). FORScan did say they were working on more modules, but if I had any in particular I needed, let them know and they would try and get them working for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Right now they only made IPC and BCM write. APIM was writing with the 2.3.24 version. I have only tried those 3 modules (IPC, BCM, APIM). FORScan did say they were working on more modules, but if I had any in particular I needed, let them know and they would try and get them working for me.

I think all the items on my list are in those three modules. I did some estimation of the shifts in the memory addresses for the other items based upon the shift in the memory address in the BCM from 2019 address to the one in the 2020 ST you found for the LED rear turns. I am going to try and do some further investigation this weekend.

Back