Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
I think all the items on my list are in those three modules. I did some estimation of the shifts in the memory addresses for the other items based upon the shift in the memory address in the BCM from 2019 address to the one in the 2020 ST you found for the LED rear turns. I am going to try and do some further investigation this weekend.

I was trying to do the same thing, with the Binary. What is throwing me is I think I found the Front Bulb detection and if I am correct its in 726-40-02. For MY16-19 Front was in 726-27-01 and the rear was in 726-27-02. Again if I found the front (and I think I have)... the Front would be in 726-40-02 and the rear is in 726-44-02. That seems like more than just a shift.

So just to be clear if you end up looking...
Front bulb detection (I think):
726-40-02 : xxxx x*xx xx (change hex from 0 to 1)
Rear bulb detection:
726-44-02 : x*xx xxxx xx (change hex from 1 to 0)

I think another potential easy one to find would be Bambi mode as its an easy test. Given for MY16-19 it was also in 726-27-01, which is where front bulb detection was... I played with a bunch of bits in 726-40-02 with that logic. I failed to find anything. I don't want to poke around blind to much as we know there are some write once settings in the BCM, I would hate to hit one of those with a value that screws something up and then not be able to change it back without a visit to a dealer. Luckily I have made good friends with my Local Ford dealer and I know they will use IDS to fix one of those if I happen to hit one, but it's the hassle of doing it and I still have to pay shop time for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally got some time in the seat with the laptop and MX Bluetooth OBDII plug and backed up my as built for most modules. I also verified that the BCM address change in 726-44-02 worked to turn off dash hyperflash for non resistor LED's in rear turn signals. The rest may be a little tougher to figure out. RayoVac, I did not realize there were some addresses that you could possible not return to original...that makes me much more cautious! Thanks for your help.

I am ready to give up large sums of money, maybe even a couple of grand. If the Russians or someone can help me reconfigure the auto parking button to a button on a remote control maybe via OBD. I really just want to see my Explorer ST park itself. (I did it while pressing the button in the car today, did it ever came milimiters from the car on front while trying to park itself. It parked perfectly).

I am ready to give up large sums of money, maybe even a couple of grand. If the Russians or someone can help me reconfigure the auto parking button to a button on a remote control maybe via OBD. I really just want to see my Explorer ST park itself. (I did it while pressing the button in the car today, did it ever came milimiters from the car on front while trying to park itself. It parked perfectly).

Maybe setup a camera on a tripod to record yourself so you can see it?

Just swapped my resister LEDs to non resister and programmed with the above. Works perfectly!! Thanks guys for your work thus far.

I finally got some time in the seat with the laptop and MX Bluetooth OBDII plug and backed up my as built for most modules. I also verified that the BCM address change in 726-44-02 worked to turn off dash hyperflash for non resistor LED's in rear turn signals. The rest may be a little tougher to figure out. RayoVac, I did not realize there were some addresses that you could possible not return to original...that makes me much more cautious! Thanks for your help.

TonyST,

On the FORScan forums under Configuration and Programming they have a helpful notes section where they give a few more details. Again.. not the end of the world, if it does happen, from what I understand a dealer with IDS can flash it all back. For me again, I have a good relationship with my local stealership. I don't think there are that many addresses that are like this, and the likelihood of hitting one that would render the vehicle inoperational would be slim.

Here is the Post I refer to:

1. Write-once bits in configuration memory.
Some configuration bits may have write-once status. It means, they can be changed, but just once. Then they cannot be ever modified. Example - Slave Exists SCL bit in block 726-22-02 of F-150's BdyCM. Outcome is that if no real equipment installed (SCL), module may throw a error code (like U2100 in this case) and some service functions may be not available.

2. Some blocks may be not a real module configuration, but used as a keep-alive memory by modules to store some states (ex. crash event), service events (ex. fuel additive refill) and so on. In some cases direct access to these blocks of data via As Built programming may be limited by module

3. Some blocks of data may have read-only status. So they can be read, but cannot be written. Example: block 720-03 of 2016-2017 Mazda Skyactive IPC module.

4. Sync 3 (APIM module) sends its configuration changes to Ford. So if you change something there, Sync will send these changes when connects to the Internet, and after some time you can see them on Motorocraft site. So far there are no known outcomes of this (like loss of warranty), but it is important to known anyway.

I would love to be able to see what gear that transmission is in....you know there's a setting for that somewhere.

I would love to be able to see what gear that transmission is in....you know there's a setting for that somewhere.

Just press the M button on the middle if the shifter, then it would show what gear you are driving in.

Just press the M button on the middle if the shifter, then it would show what gear you are driving in.
It just shows that gear for a moment, then goes away. I would like to see it like in the F-150 where it actually shows the gears all the time, and as they shift.

As you guys have noticed, the module alignment vs prior years is vastly different.

Same goes for the ECM/TCM as a whole. They are completely redesigned logic.

This is also a very good reason to wait on performance tuning...

As you guys have noticed, the module alignment vs prior years is vastly different.

Same goes for the ECM/TCM as a whole. They are completely redesigned logic.

This is also a very good reason to wait on performance tuning...
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

can this delete the obnoxious “Reverse Brake Assist not available SEE MANUAL” alarm and screen message when you put the car in reverse every time with bike rack in hitch.

I would like to add/change the following.
1 turn on front camera when slowing to 5mph or slower. (dont know if thats even possible)
2 increase the number of blinks to 7 for the lane change blinker (where you only push halfway on the lever)
more wants...
3 turn off "hands on wheel" warning.... my hands are on the wheel!

Welcome to the Forum Wayne.:wave:

Peter

I’m still new, so please be nice. I am running FORScan Lite, connected via Bluetooth to my vehicle. I am having no issues connecting or communicating, but I have two questions.

Once you select your Pids and have them in the “display mode” is there a way to change their order? Or are you forced to view them in the alphabetical way they are listed in the setup window.

Once you select your Pids that you want to view on the “Dashboard” can you save them so the next time you pair your devices you don’t have to reselect the Pids all over again?

You are right, this morning it was back to on automatically. Odd because I even locked and unlocked it last night to make sure it wasnt just a key stroke thing.

I was wondering if you ever resolved this? I am totally new to the Forscan thing and I am trying to disable the Auto Start-Stop on my 65 year old mother's new '20 Explorer (she hates the feature with a passion, its her only complaint about the vehicle). I am not afraid to tinker, but would much rather learn from others first. That and she lives a couple hours away, so I need to make sure its going to hold when I do it.

I was wondering if you ever resolved this? I am totally new to the Forscan thing and I am trying to disable the Auto Start-Stop on my 65 year old mother's new '20 Explorer (she hates the feature with a passion, its her only complaint about the vehicle). I am not afraid to tinker, but would much rather learn from others first. That and she lives a couple hours away, so I need to make sure its going to hold when I do it.

Nobody on here has figured it out yet.

So has anyone started a spreadsheet for the 20 Explorers? I have only found the apple link that has the sync screen change. I am most interested in Bambi mode and disable double honk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

has anyone here successfully turned off the "active noise control" aka "enhanced exhaust tone" aka "engine sound enhancement" in a 2020 explorer?

would be nice to get that figured out by the time after market exhausts become available, so the real and fake exhaust sounds don't clash

Back