Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Great discussion here. I was able to successfully change the double honk, bambi mode and fake engine noise. I wasn't able to change the number of turn signal flashes using:
SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x*xx zz 0-3=1 Flash, 4-5=2 Flashes, 6-7=3 Flashes, 8,9=4 Flashes, A,B=5 Flashes, C,D=6 Flashes, E,F=7 Flashes
In my configuration the second digit is "F" but I only get 3 flashes.
What do I need to change if I want 5 flashes?

Capture.PNG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, blwnsmoke! I did the Sync system reset when I took delivery of the vehicle and purposefully didn't let my dealer strong arm me into registering for Ford Pass. (Man was he ticked. They must get a bonus for signups :rolleyes:.) Toggled off all the "send what I'm doing to Ford" options in the touchscreen menu. So, I'm not sending data to Ford -- that's good. But the modem is still pingable by AT&T. Diving into APIM diagnostic mode, the modem still appeared to be live.

So I found a temporary work-around for all those folks who are as frustrated as I am that Ford won't man up and give us control over our own vehicles... In the passenger compartment fuse panel, pull fuse #8/9:
View attachment 321411
View attachment 321412
Now when I go to the FordPass menu in my Explorer and select Connected Settings (or something similar -- not in the car atm), I get a new message that pops up and tells me it's unable to locate the modem. Here's the downside: Pulling that fuse also knocks out the trunk's power liftgate. Next weekend I plan to sign up for the 72 hour subscription to Motocraft's service info, locate the telematics control unit, and unplug power directly. (I've seen it located behind plastic in the passenger foot well in other Fords and the police version of the Explorer from '19, but need to confirm for '20.) Endgame: no power to the modem, restore fuse 8/9 (and my power liftgate). We'll see if an error message gets thrown.

ATT is a GSM network, so there must be a SIM somewhere in the vehicle, no?

I converted the Apple Numbers spreadsheet to Excel; if anyone wants a copy, PM me (this forum will not allow me to attach an Excel doc).

Successfully killed the double horn honk. Most annoying. Could not even check the mail without disturbing the neighbors.

Successfully killed the double horn honk. Most annoying. Could not even check the mail without disturbing the neighbors.
I had that as well with my 2017. When I got out to check the mail I just didn't fully close the door, so no honk.

Peter

with the 2020, how do you disable the fake engine noise

I'd like to hear more about this fake engine noise. I've only had my ST for a week and have not noticed it; maybe I don't know what to listen for. When does it kick it? What does it sound like? Only in certain modes (sport?)? Sounds like a real dumb thing.

I converted the Apple Numbers spreadsheet to Excel; if anyone wants a copy, PM me (this forum will not allow me to attach an Excel doc).

You should be able to download the Excel version here. Keep in mind, I have not tested anything on here except the double horn honk. I just converted the Apple Numbers sheet.

Explorer FORScan spread sheet

Thanks for spreadsheet Scott.

I'd like to hear more about this fake engine noise. I've only had my ST for a week and have not noticed it; maybe I don't know what to listen for. When does it kick it? What does it sound like? Only in certain modes (sport?)? Sounds like a real dumb thing.
Yeah, only in Sport mode.

This is what I followed using FORScan:

Engine Sound Enhancement (Fake Engine Noise)
ACM 727-01-01
xxxx x*xx xxzz
0 = Disabled, 4=Enabled

I'm still looking for feedback from anyone that was able to increase their turn signal flashes as per Post 301.

Thanks

ATT is a GSM network, so there must be a SIM somewhere in the vehicle, no?
I don't have it in front of me, but I seem to remember reading the SIM is soldered in to the modem. Will know more when I have time to look in Motocraft and take the car apart a bit. Have you found documentation of a SIM card? If so, that'd be an easy fix.

I don't have it in front of me, but I seem to remember reading the SIM is soldered in to the modem. Will know more when I have time to look in Motocraft and take the car apart a bit. Have you found documentation of a SIM card? If so, that'd be an easy fix.

No SIM card. All the relevant "sim card" data is hardcoded to the modem.

Trying to find everywhere change the turn single default for flashing with a quick tap. Think it's two or three now like to make it flash longer. Haven't found the old SCCM to change it on 2020 ST. Any help thanks! Cheers!

Great discussion here. I was able to successfully change the double honk, bambi mode and fake engine noise. I wasn't able to change the number of turn signal flashes using:
SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x*xx zz 0-3=1 Flash, 4-5=2 Flashes, 6-7=3 Flashes, 8,9=4 Flashes, A,B=5 Flashes, C,D=6 Flashes, E,F=7 Flashes
In my configuration the second digit is "F" but I only get 3 flashes.
What do I need to change if I want 5 flashes?

View attachment 322234
My tuner tried and failed. He is extremely software literate. I figure it just isn't doable.

Hi, curious about getting started.

Couple of questions:

Is it possible to use a Bluetooth OBD sensor? Amazon link?
Can I monitor the coolant sensors in real time on my android device?

Thanks!

Yes, my Bluetooth OBD adapter works great. I have This one which is no longer available. Look for the new version.

No idea on the coolant sensor. The only think I have done to my Explorer is disable the annoying double honk.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ForScan Items I want to address but not sure if all of this is possible;

Default stop/start to disable
Set drive mode to last used on startup
Enable fog lights with hi + low beam
Panic brake stop lights flash

FORScan reference for 2011-2019 Explorer (may be handy to find 2020 settings);
FORScan 2011-2019 Explorers

FORScan reference for 2020 Explorer;
FORScan 2020 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator
The link for the 2020 Explorer and Aviator no longer works. It sends me to iCloud, but says the user has stopped sharing that document.

I'd be interested in enabling the Climate button on Sync 3, Explorer 2020.
I tried using the codes for the Model Year 2011 - 2019, but those did not work.

Has anyone had success on the 2020 Model Year? There aren't as many APIM code references out there yet.

Back