Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
BCM
726-65-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx

Changing the value to 0 does seem to turn off the Auto Shut off feature but but triggers a charging service error in the process.

Curious if you (or anyone else) have tried setting that position to 2 through F to see if there's any value that works?

Many times in the as-built, the hex values represent four independent settings when converted to binary - each hex digit is four binary 0/1's. Sometimes these are related to each other, other times not.

Doing it this way is a really efficient space-wise, as the sixteen possible hex values are all used to represent four binary values with sixteen possible combinations.

By way of example:

Hex 1 = 0001 Binary
Hex 2 = 0010 Binary
Hex 4 = 0100 Binary
Hex 8 = 1000 Binary.

So perhaps in conjunction with the 4th binary bit being flipped off, other binary bit(s) need flipped on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Curious if you (or anyone else) have tried setting that position to 2 through F to see if there's any value that works?

Many times in the as-built, the hex values represent four independent settings when converted to binary - each hex digit is four binary 0/1's. Sometimes these are related to each other, other times not.

Doing it this way is a really efficient space-wise, as the sixteen possible hex values are all used to represent four binary values with sixteen possible combinations.

By way of example:

Hex 1 = 0001 Binary
Hex 2 = 0010 Binary
Hex 4 = 0100 Binary
Hex 8 = 1000 Binary.

So perhaps in conjunction with the 4th binary bit being flipped off, other binary bit(s) need flipped on?
I'm still looking for a way have the irritating auto stop/start default to off. I would like it to be functional, but only turn on when I decide to turn it on; not when the green new deal people decide I need it.

I don't know what address it is, so I went into plain language and changed "Auto Start Stop" to disable. This did not work well. IIRC, after starting the Explorer, the auto stop start icon was not on; the light on the switch was on and the switch no longer functioned. Driving for a while, it seemed like might have worked; first few stops the engine did not turn off. Then, at the next stop, it turned off.

Back to the drawing boards.

From the Manual;

Press the Auto-Start-Stop button on the
center console to switch the system off.
The button will illuminate. Deactivating
using the button lasts only 1 key cycle.

It can apparently be disabled with FORScan but not in the fashion that you want in that you can choose when to turn it back ON. I can honestly say that most of the time I don't even notice it.

Peter

Deactivating using the button lasts only 1 key cycle.

Peter
Yes, that is the problem. I know how to deactivate it; just irritating that I have to remember to do it every time I start.

If I can't get it to default to deactivated (with the option to turn it on), I would choose to just deactivate it permanently. I live in a rural area with very little stop and go traffic; the system has no value to me; just excess wear & tear on my starting system.

From the Manual;

Press the Auto-Start-Stop button on the
center console to switch the system off.
The button will illuminate. Deactivating
using the button lasts only 1 key cycle.

It can apparently be disabled but not in the fashion that you want in that you can choose when to turn it back ON. I can honestly say that most of the time I don't even notice it.

Peter

Yes of course... but this isn't the "what can be done within the confines of what the manual says" thread, this is the FORscan thread.

We modify stuff to a non-factory state implicitly.

Also, auto-start-stop can successfully be defeated permanently in other FoMoCo vehicles using FORscan. I have done so in my buddy's 2020 F150.

I did mention it can be disabled, (inferring FORScan). You can also do it without using FORScan by getting the Auto Start/Stop Eliminator mentioned in the linked thread. The quote from the Manual was to explain why it turned back ON.

Peter

Yes of course... but this isn't the "what can be done within the confines of what the manual says" thread, this is the FORscan thread.

We modify stuff to a non-factory state implicitly.

Also, auto-start-stop can successfully be defeated permanently in other FoMoCo vehicles using FORscan. I have done so in my buddy's 2020 F150.

I believe you can disable it on the Explorer in the same manner in which you disable it on the F-150, but the gauge cluster in the Explorer displays a "BMS Fault" while the F-150 does not.

Anyone figure out the settings to change the timeout for the 12V power ports in a 2021 ST?

Anyone figure out the settings to change the timeout for the 12V power ports in a 2021 ST?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing that the power outlets are governed by the Power Save feature that kicks in for all items (except parking lights) left ON after 10 minutes. I don't know if individual items can be changed

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing that the power outlets are governed by the Power Save feature that kicks in for all items (except parking lights) left ON after 10 minutes. I don't know if individual items can be changed

Peter
Thanks for the welcome and response...still new to all this so I have lots to learn!

This is not correct for the fifth gen Explorer, and likely not correct for the sixth gen either.

In the 5G, the timeout for the 12V power point was located at 726-39-01 ABCD xxxx xxxx. ABCD is the number of seconds encoded in hex, with a default value of 1194 on the 5G Explorer, 13G F150, and 6G Mustang. 1194 in hex is 4500 in decimal, and 4500 seconds = 75 minutes.

With that out of the way, 726-39-01 looks like it controls something completely different in the 6G Explorer (much like almost every other as-built address) but take a look at 726-78-01 xxxx ABCD xxxx - the factory default value there is 1194 again. I checked a 2021 Aviator and a 2021 14th Gen F150 as well, and they've also got 1194 at that location.

Coincidence? Probably not. Try changing 1194 to 0001 and see if your 12V power point shuts off immediately after turning the vehicle off and opening the driver's side door.

Looks like I was wrong about this. That location IS for a 75 minute timeout, but it's for some sort of lighting I think.

It would appear that the 2020+ location for the 12V timeout is 726-57-01 ABCD xxxx xxxx, and the default value for Explorer/Aviator is 0E10 which is 3600 seconds or 60 minutes. Same values as before should work, so setting ABCD to 0001 should result in a near immediate shutoff after shutting the car off and opening the driver's door.

This is from the 2020 Explorer Owner's Manual;
Note: The power point turns off when you
switch off the ignition, when the vehicle is
not in accessory mode or when the battery
voltage drops below 11 volts.

I'm guessing the member would like to extend the time-out feature.

Peter

This is from the 2020 Explorer Owner's Manual;
Note: The power point turns off when you
switch off the ignition, when the vehicle is
not in accessory mode or when the battery
voltage drops below 11 volts.

I'm guessing the member would like to extend the time-out feature.

Peter

That's incorrect, what you're reading is clearly in reference to the 110V power point. @Nine29 was asking specifically about the 12V power point.

exp-aviator-power-point.gif

That is correct, I am looking to extend the timeout period on the 12V outlets...preferably to have them always powered on

That is correct, I am looking to extend the timeout period on the 12V outlets...preferably to have them always powered on

Like I mentioned, give 0001 a shot at that location to see if it makes the 12V timeout immediate after turning the car off and opening the driver's door.

If it is, you can use one of the powerpoint timeout calculators (or any hex to decimal calculator) to come up with a custom value.

Has anyone compiled a list of the individual modules for the 2020s? It's difficult to try and play around with things when you don't know exactly what each module is assigned to. For example, the 2020 Super Dutys can change the SCCM module address 724-01-01 to adjust the number of times the turn signal blinks. But that adjusting that module doesn't work on the Explorer.

I ran my VIN through Motorcraft Service and they don't provide the address to module correlation either.

Maybe I've missed it somewhere but I can't seem to find that relationship documentation anywhere.

I was hoping the new version of Forscan (2.3.38) would provide for the module configuration to change blinker sequence but it doesn't.

I'm not into this reprogramming but I'm guessing that the addresses/configs etc change from one gen to another. The 5th gen members were able to successfully change the number of turn signal 'blinks'.

Peter

I'm not into this reprogramming but I'm guessing that the addresses/configs etc change from one gen to another. The 5th gen members were able to successfully change the number of turn signal 'blinks'.

Peter
I wonder why Ford wouldn't assign the designation to each address within a module. Possibly to prevent people like us from messing around, but seems like this information HAS to reside somewhere. Any Ford techs on this forum that may have access?

On a side note, does anyone know how to disable the DRL? I want to run the turn signal as DRL, like the PIUs do and can enable that feature to turn on the signal as DRL and signal, but my white DRL is still on. I don't see any option within the module for the BdyCM.

Are your DRL configurable? If so, you should be able to turn them OFF. Page 90 of the 3rd printing.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are your DRL configurable? If so, you should be able to turn them OFF. Page 90 of the 3rd printing.

Peter
I can go into settings and turn off DRL but it literally does nothing. I had to go drive to a storefront so I could see it happen while in drive without e-brake. LED light bar is still illuminated.

Nothing happens. I've tried disabling it through Forscan and that does nothing too.

Back