Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Link says it can't be located or the user stopped sharing.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all of the available codes? Specifically for a 2021 Explorer ST.

Keep an eye on the 2021+ F150 sheet as well. Those guys are just now getting their trucks and experimenting.

It's not necessarily 1 for 1 compatible with the 2020+ Explorer/Aviator, but 95% of it is.

It's a work in progress and new stuff will be added as it's figured out and tested.

Link: FORScan - 2021 F150

Keep an eye on the 2021+ F150 sheet as well. Those guys are just now getting their trucks and experimenting.

It's not necessarily 1 for 1 compatible with the 2020+ Explorer/Aviator, but 95% of it is.

It's a work in progress and new stuff will be added as it's figured out and tested.

Link: FORScan - 2021 F150

Has anyone heard of a way to do any of the following via FORScan:
  • Utilize the full screen for camera views (and not just the top half)
  • Enable front camera at any speed (disable speed-limiting component)
  • Show temperatures on gauges
  • Show battery voltage
  • Disable no hands on wheel alert for intelli cruise/wheel centering
  • Remember your pre-collision settings even after key cycle (truck always defaults to all on for pre-collision settings)

Has anyone heard of a way to do any of the following via FORScan:
  • Utilize the full screen for camera views (and not just the top half)
  • Enable front camera at any speed (disable speed-limiting component)
  • Show temperatures on gauges
  • Show battery voltage
  • Disable no hands on wheel alert for intelli cruise/wheel centering
  • Remember your pre-collision settings even after key cycle (truck always defaults to all on for pre-collision settings)

Man I'd love the full camera, front camera, temp gauges options!

Man I'd love the full camera, front camera, temp gauges options!

For the number on temp gauges, this may not work so back up your original value:

The F150 guys reported success on the 2021 changing IPC line 720-07-01 xxxx xx?x xxxx. The default value for the ? there on the F150 is A (1010) and changing it to 5 (0101) got them temperature numbers on gauges.

The default value for the 2020+ Exp/Avi there is 0 (0000) so again it may not work - but worth a shot. The IPC as-built seems related in other areas.

Let us know what you find.

I didn't happen to notice anywhere in this thread, but has anyone tried to force the DRL strip to stay at full brightness while the fog lights are on? Currently, mine seems to dim to half brightness. I would, however, like to have it dim to half when I turn the headlights on.

Just got my cable in the mail and about to start my Forscan trial and will likely purchase the lifetime license if all goes well.

So far I'll be changing the double honk and hyperflash for LED turn signal swap. I'll also look in to the turn signal flash duration. I'd like to change it from 3 to 5, but that seems to be one that may not work based on posts I've seen.

One setting I haven't seen mentioned and would like to change is the light switch default position. I've noticed the switch is one of those infinite spin type switches and doesn't actually have a fixed position to determine the lighting setting. When I shut off my car and back on, it defaults to AUTO. Does anyone have info on if it can be changed so the default position is OFF? I find the full headlights will come on unnecessarily if I pass through the shadow of a tree or truck on the highway. I'd prefer this option instead of turning the dial every time I get in, although I suppose it isn't all bad, I already hit the Auto Start/Stop switch every time... I'd rather just manually control my lighting as that is what I am used to with my other car.

Any info is appreciated,
Thanks

Perhaps the Explorer setup is different than mine but isn't there a light indicator on the headlamp switch to show you which position it is in?
It does default to Auto Headlamps. I wasn't aware of that until I just tried it but that is the position I always have mine in any way.
Your headlamps should not come ON during the day when in the shadow of trees or a moving truck. There should be sufficient ambient light to keep them OFF. The only time during the day I have ever had any auto light feature come on was when I was stopped in traffic under an underpass.
There is also usually a bit of a delay before the feature activates.

Peter

Perhaps the Explorer setup is different than mine but isn't there a light indicator on the headlamp switch to show you which position it is in?
It does default to Auto Headlamps. I wasn't aware of that until I just tried it but that is the position I always have mine in any way.
Your headlamps should not come ON during the day when in the shadow of trees or a moving truck. There should be sufficient ambient light to keep them OFF. The only time during the day I have ever had any auto light feature come on was when I was stopped in traffic under an underpass.
There is also usually a bit of a delay before the feature activates.

Peter
Turns out there's a parameter that usually goes by the name of DRLWithParking. I found it on the Easy Config settings and have disabled it.
I guess this was turned on by factory default and it just turned on all of the parking lights when the DRL is on (i.e. when the vehicle is not in PARK). When I noticed this, I just assumed the full headlights were also coming on, but I guess that wasn't the case. I'm fairly certain my AUTO headlights function is indeed functioning as intended and isn't as overly sensitive as I thought it was.

Today or tomorrow I’ll take a look at how Global Close is configured on the Lincoln Aviators and let you know what I find! I’m 100% sure we can get this enabled.

Hi PlatinumOwner,

I didn't see any update on this and I am interest in getting this working. Did you ever find a way to enable Global Close on the windows for the new Explorer?

Thanks!

Hi PlatinumOwner,

I didn't see any update on this and I am interest in getting this working. Did you ever find a way to enable Global Close on the windows for the new Explorer?

Thanks!
I can take a look at this today. I'll post an update later.

Looks like you'll need to modify settings in the door modules too, I just don't have the time to work on decoding that now...

Looks like you'll need to modify settings in the door modules too, I just don't have the time to work on decoding that now...

Cool. Thanks for checking. I would really like to get that feature working. I love being able to roll down the windows with the remote, and i think it would be nice to roll them up in case of rain.

Is there anywhere I can look up what the settings would be? I've tried the google, but it wasn't very helpful.

Cool. Thanks for checking. I would really like to get that feature working. I love being able to roll down the windows with the remote, and i think it would be nice to roll them up in case of rain.

Is there anywhere I can look up what the settings would be? I've tried the google, but it wasn't very helpful.

The 2021 F150 crew is working on this too, but FORscan isn't currently able to write to the new DDM.

It seems likely it will get figured out with a new version of FORscan though.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the door bell chimes that go off when the door is opened with the engine on and the vehicle is in park ?
IPC AS Built

720-01-02 XX0X x..

It's not difficult and can easily be done. I've had global close(though it only works the front windows) for some time now. I just changed it to close the windows on hold instead of single press. I can look at my setting tomorrow to tell you what to change.

Anyone have any idea how to change the DRLs to the turn signals like the PIUs? I've been able to turn them on as "position" lights but the white "position" lights remain on and I think that looks stupid. I'd like to turn off the white LED strip and only use the orange turn signal strip for both DRL and turn.

Any help is appreciated.

I did a Livernois tune and now I can't get Forscan to work. Loads all the modules then says unable to identify vehicle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still looking for feedback from anyone that was able to increase their turn signal flashes as per Post 301.

Thanks
Still can't seem to increase turn signal flashes. I've tried every number or letter and still stays at 3 flashes. Any help would be appreciated

Back