Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
I did a Livernois tune and now I can't get Forscan to work. Loads all the modules then says unable to identify vehicle
Were you loading an existing profile? You need to create a new one and have forscan scan the modules agaian.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, 20 frikking pages! I really want to get into this but i don't think this will do what i want it to. So im going to throw this question out to those more knowledgeable than me here.

Vol firefighter, use my 2020 to respond to the firehouse for calls. In my 2016 i was able to purchase a device called a z-flash, which would plug into the OBD port. When i held the high beam stick down, it would flash headlights, brake lights, etc, looking like a pro light job. Said company doesn't have a compatible device for the 2020. Does anyone think this could be done with forscan? If not how did they accomplish this on the pre-2020s? I wont post the link but a simple google search should find it.

thanks in advance!

wow, 20 frikking pages! I really want to get into this but i don't think this will do what i want it to. So im going to throw this question out to those more knowledgeable than me here.

Vol firefighter, use my 2020 to respond to the firehouse for calls. In my 2016 i was able to purchase a device called a z-flash, which would plug into the OBD port. When i held the high beam stick down, it would flash headlights, brake lights, etc, looking like a pro light job. Said company doesn't have a compatible device for the 2020. Does anyone think this could be done with forscan? If not how did they accomplish this on the pre-2020s? I wont post the link but a simple google search should find it.

thanks in advance!
Does the Module have to stay plugged into the OBD-II port? Or to you plug it in once to update, and then unplug it?

I've done some computer programing before, and used Forscan as well. I would think that this is something that is staying plugged in, and that the code in the module is triggering when you hit the high-beam.

Forscan more than likely can't be used to mimic that function. It can determine 1 thing at a time (leave lights on when you open the door, disable hyperflashing when a bulb is shorted, disable the seatbelt chime). There isn't something that I've seen in Forscan that can do multiple things with 1 trigger.

thanks in advance!
That device has nothing to do with programming. It has to do with it receiving the can bus signals and sending them. Two totally different things. Basically it is seeing that you are holding the high beam stick due to a specific can bus signal being received by the unit and then it sends out a flurry of can bus signals to flash the different lights.

That device has nothing to do with programming. It has to do with it receiving the can bus signals and sending them. Two totally different things. Basically it is seeing that you are holding the high beam stick due to a specific can bus signal being received by the unit and then it sends out a flurry of can bus signals to flash the different lights.
ok, thanks. two completely different things.

Can PIU “wig-wags” be turned on via Forscan?

There was a recent SSM stating that there is a service procedure to activate wig-wags - and at the moment I can’t find what I need to reference....
Hi Cobra Jet, I wonder if you have find solution to activate Wig-Wag via Forscan or other software ?

I have civilian Explorer 2020 and i have been looking for several weeks how to install wig-wag on the headlight considering that the headlights seem to be controlled by a data wire (Can) and not by the usual 12V wires directly to the light ?

May be you have the answer i looking for days now :O

I found a video on Instagram where the guy install wig-wags on a civilian model ... I wrote to him for info, I'm waiting for a response
(dead link)

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Hi Cobra Jet, I wonder if you have find solution to activate Wig-Wag via Forscan or other software ?

I have civilian Explorer 2020 and i have been looking for several weeks how to install wig-wag on the headlight considering that the headlights seem to be controlled by a data wire (Can) and not by the usual 12V wires directly to the light ?

May be you have the answer i looking for days now :O

I found a video on Instagram where the guy install wig-wags on a civilian model ... I wrote to him for info, I'm waiting for a response
(dead link)
I have a 2021 PIU, and the wig-wags are activated by grounding a wire that's under the center console. So I don't know if there's a way to do that with the civilian versions.

I have a 2021 PIU, and the wig-wags are activated by grounding a wire that's under the center console. So I don't know if there's a way to do that with the civilian versions.

Peter

Finally dug into my Explorer a bit this morning before the heat set in. I disabled the hated double-honk. Tried to enable global open for the back windows - no luck. They may need to be auto-down/up for the remote to work. Tried to find the change for the lane-change indicators. No luck there either yet.

So... some success. More homework to do.

I'm guessing you are referring to the 3 blink turn signals when you mentioned "lane-change indicators"?

Peter

Correct-a-mundo. Three isn't enough for me. Others won't even notice the first one, which leaves two. I have my Mustang set to five.

Correct-a-mundo. Three isn't enough for me. Others won't even notice the first one, which leaves two. I have my Mustang set to five.
Thanks MIke. Most have set theirs to 5 as well.

Peter

Hey guys. First post on this forum. Lots of Forscan info here! Way more than the ST forum. I’ve read through all 20 pages looking for deleting Fake Engine Noise (FENG). I’ve used Forscan for all the regular stuff but held off on this because of it affecting other settings earlier on. I went into it yesterday and I see two separate fields referring to fake engine noise now. One mentions “engine noise enhancement” and the other says “engine noise enhancement software.” Do both of these need to be disabled?

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Aarrgghh! The SCCM doesn't have the lane-change entry. Does anyone know where Ford moved it? I looked through all the modules today and struck out. Hope they didn't remove it.

Aarrgghh! The SCCM doesn't have the lane-change entry. Does anyone know where Ford moved it? I looked through all the modules today and struck out. Hope they didn't remove it.
I couldn’t find it either!

I found a "SCCM Avail" entry in 726-48-01, 10th digit, but I don't know exactly what that is. Does it open more options in the SCCM?

Hey guys. First post on this forum. Lots of Forscan info here! Way more than the ST forum. I’ve read through all 20 pages looking for deleting Fake Engine Noise (FENG). I’ve used Forscan for all the regular stuff but held off on this because of it affecting other settings earlier on. I went into it yesterday and I see two separate fields referring to fake engine noise now. One mentions “engine noise enhancement” and the other says “engine noise enhancement software.” Do both of these need to be disabled?
It won't take both settings being changed -You'll see you'll get a write error (I tried both). In the end, I disabled the one labeled "noise enhancement software" only and it removed the fake engine noise on my 2021 in all drive modes.

I had a 2020 prior and had to do it in the As Built by modifying the hex values and I personally think it messed with the stereo speakers a little (always had some crackles in music after), so this new easy set Forscan option above was a welcome addition. All is well on my 2021 - FENG gone and stereo sounds wayy better..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

......................................... In the end, I disabled the one labeled "noise enhancement software" only and it removed the fake engine noise on my 2021 in all drive modes..................................

Wasn't the Engine Noise Enhancement only present in Sport mode?

"Unique electronic sound enhancement
in Sport Selectable Drive Mode."

Peter

Back