2020 FORSCAN PID BREAK DOWN

LurchII

Reaction score
City, State
MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer, ST
To All;

I am starting the epic journey of breaking down the Pid’s of my 2020 Explorer St. I’m not sure how this will apply to others, or myself. Here is my starting point. I will be starting with the main list, (PCM, OBDII, APIM…, 35 in all). Then the sub list as seen below. I will be using Excel, and for hardware, OBDLink MX+, FORScan, on Windows 10.

I need help with 1) being able to upload a excel doc. to this Forum, to show my format and progress. 2) Anyone willing to help, would be greatly appreciated. So far, I am bringing up the information on my computer, taking a picture with my cell phone, and hand typing the data into the excel spread sheet. Yes, this is a long process but so far the best and most importantly the MOST accurately I have found.

Any ideas are welcome.

Jeff

Under OBDII;

Name/ Description
AAT/ Ambient Air Temperature
BARO/ Barometric pressure

20191121_191720.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jeff,

Might be a good idea to use Google Sheets (if you have a gmail account...and even if you don't, they're free) and do all of the documentation in there. Then you can share the link in here (make sure you choose a "view only" link so nobody can mess anything up) and we can see the information as you change it.

Really looking forward to what you find! Good luck, and thanks for sharing!

Found Bambi mode yet?

Just FYI guys, these are OBD PIDs that would be used for monitoring or reading faults, not address blocks or address entries that are used in programing or changing via ForScan. I supposed this discovery could help lead to mapping address fields, but I think normally the easiest way to discover the locations for the things we want to change in ForScan is through mapping and discovery in IDS.

Back