2020 Iconic Silver ST Ordered - Now In My Garage | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Iconic Silver ST Ordered - Now In My Garage

cpainter3

Reaction score
City, State
Troy MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hello all. This is my first post on this forum.

I recently ordered a 2020 ST in Iconic Silver. No extra add-ons for me, just standard 400A equipment. I didn't want the "iPad" screen so no tech package, never been big on sunroofs, and didn't feel the urge for street or track packs. But that's just me. Very happy with everything that comes with the basic package. My last two vehicles were Ingot Silver so decided to stick with that shade.

I'm coming from a Flex that's just turning 100K and decided it's time to upgrade to the latest features and performance. I've been very happy with the Flex and would get a new one in a heartbeat but it's going away soon and Ford has lagged behind in giving the Flex the newest tech features.

It's nice to see all the dedicated owners and fans on this site. Very similar to the Flex forums, whose owners are equally devoted to their rides and sharing experiences and insights.

The dealer I'm working with entered a preview order on 3/20 to confirm equipment and pricing. The actual order went in right around 3/31 and I was advised this past week that the build is scheduled for the first week of June. That would be fantastic as, just like someone else posted in their order thread, our family is headed for an annual long trip to the beach in mid-August. Will post updates here as I get them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently ordered a 2020 ST in Iconic Silver. No extra add-ons for me, just standard 400A equipment. I didn't want the "iPad" screen so no tech package, never been big on sunroofs, and didn't feel the urge for street or track packs. But that's just me. Very happy with everything that comes with the basic package. My last two vehicles were Ingot Silver so decided to stick with that shade.

I'm coming from a Flex that's just turning 100K and decided it's time to upgrade to the latest features and performance. I've been very happy with the Flex and would get a new one in a heartbeat but it's going away soon and Ford has lagged behind in giving the Flex the newest tech features.

It's nice to see all the dedicated owners and fans on this site. Very similar to the Flex forums, whose owners are equally devoted to their rides and sharing experiences and insights.

The dealer I'm working with entered a preview order on 3/20 to confirm equipment and pricing. The actual order went in right around 3/31 and I was advised this past week that the build is scheduled for the first week of June. That would be fantastic as, just like someone else posted in their order thread, our family is headed for an annual long trip to the beach in mid-August. Will post updates here as I get them.

I hope they ordered it as a Retail order and not a dealer stock. Seems way to early to be built if it is a Retail order with your order date.

Congrats on the order!!

Welcome to the Forum cpainter3.:wave:

Peter

Congrats On the ORDER! I don't think there is any chance of mine being ready for our July Beach Trip, but you seem in good shape for August! BTW there is a new video on youtube of an iconic silver ST. Stunning.

UPDATE: According to dealer, build week is last week of June and it did go in as a retail order (back at the end of March). Very happy that OK to Buy has been reached and really pumped to see the performance specs from the Michigan State Police testing!

ANOTHER UPDATE: Well, this changes things. Dealer gave me my VIN, and I found the car (and the window sticker) in searching "dealer inventory" on the Ford Vehicles website. According to the sticker, it was built on June 7 as a dealer stock order. So from what I've learned on these order threads, it will need a reinspection now that OK to Buy is reached, and I'll have to rely on updates from the dealer as not much updating is available online for dealer stock orders. So I'm basically keeping fingers crossed for a delivery in a few weeks.

In the meantime, on the bright side I've learned a ton on here about new car ordering, production schedules and how to decipher a window sticker. That should be very useful on the next car I buy.

Per NPNelson’s “Arrivals” thread in the Stock 2020 Discussion group, my ST was delivered to the dealer Tuesday 6/25. Shouldn’t be long now.

Per NPNelson’s “Arrivals” thread in the Stock 2020 Discussion group, my ST was delivered to the dealer Tuesday 6/25. Shouldn’t be long now.

Wow, that's amazing! Looks like you will be the first one here to take delivery. Please let us know how it goes. I think the Iconic Silver ST is going to look pretty sharp (but I went with Magnetic)

I would call your dealer and harass them to tell them you know it is there and that you want them to hop on it!

Make sure you take delivery on a Sunny day and you inspect it outside. Look it over very thoroughly for any type of paint flaws.

Where can I find a dealer code on window sticker?

Where can I find a dealer code on window sticker?
Are you referring to the dealer code on the Cassens site? Their site has a lookup function that was pretty easy to use.

I did try Cassens site but didn’t find dealer code. Thought it might be on the window sticker but not sure how to find

I did try Cassens site but didn’t find dealer code. Thought it might be on the window sticker but not sure how to find
Different carriers cover different regions of the country. If you are in Texas, I'm guessing yours will involve some rail transport, which would normally take a lot longer as they find trains to fill, etc. Cassens seems to have a heavy presence in the MidWest.

I am showing it in Production. 1FM5K8GCXLGA27096

Confirmed today that it’s at the dealer. They’re inspecting & prepping. The dealership is 1-1/2 hours away so can’t just drop by there and we’re out of town through the weekend (who knew it would arrive so fast?) so we’re looking at closing the deal Monday or Tuesday 7/1-7/2 (a trade-in is involved). I’ll post more updates and of course some pics once it’s in the driveway :)

Could this be the 2021 ST? Notice the fog lights. Ford.com websit

AF7E3362-9D0D-40E3-903F-E89DF4140416.jpeg

Make sure you take delivery on a Sunny day and you inspect it outside. Look it over very thoroughly for any type of paint flaws.

Some people are working during day time. I picked up my 16 after work at 6pm. They will give you 1 week, 7 days to inspect it yourself and within that time frame if you see a dent or anything, bring it back and the dealership will take care of it. At least that's what they told me.

Some people are working during day time. I picked up my 16 after work at 6pm. They will give you 1 week, 7 days to inspect it yourself and within that time frame if you see a dent or anything, bring it back and the dealership will take care of it. At least that's what they told me.

I would not accept a damaged vehicle or flawed paint so your scenario would not work for me. I only take delivery during a sunny day so I can inspect it with proper lighting.

Once paperwork is signed, you are stuck with the vehicle regardless of the 7 days.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back