2020 Magnetic ST Ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Magnetic ST Ordered

That term has never been used in all the years I have followed order processing or dealt with Ford announcements. It has always been "ok to buy". I am assuming you are getting that term from the same QC manager that says all vehicles prior to that given are crushed?

After further review, it appears you are officially correct, apparently, it's first "OK to proceed now" which is often internally as "OK to sell"....then they get the "OK to Buy". I see "OK to sell" in emails from police program people. You are clearly the most knowledgable Ford Explorations forum member and by far have the most reliable Ford contacts of anyone.

As a thank for constantly correcting everyone here on the forum and setting such high forum standards, I put in an extra special request for my unreliable CAP Engineers to pull yours from the line and give it a special Quality Evaluation! Here is a picture of it just before it was going to get crushed, but now it's saved. LMAO!

2020%20Explorer%20ST.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's "OK to sell" not "OK to buy", not sure who or where that got started.
Much to do about nothing IMO. They both result in the Explorer being ready for sale to the public.:)

Peter.

After further review, it appears you are officially correct, apparently, it's first "OK to proceed now" which is often internally as "OK to sell"....then they get the "OK to Buy". I see "OK to sell" in emails from police program people. You are clearly the most knowledgable Ford Explorations forum member and by far have the most reliable Ford contacts of anyone.

As a thank for constantly correcting everyone here on the forum and setting such high forum standards, I put in an extra special request for my unreliable CAP Engineers to pull yours from the line and give it a special Quality Evaluation! Here is a picture of it just before it was going to get crushed, but now it's saved. LMAO!

2020%20Explorer%20ST.jpg

Such a nice looking color this Magnetic is. At first I wanted Atlas Blue, but now I leaning towards getting this color.

2020%20Explorer%20ST.jpg

I apologize but I will always correct info that is posted on here that is wrong. Far too many members on here that read the threads and hate for them to learn incorrect stuff. Between dealership employees and service depts that dont give a crap, feed customers lies (like the salesman at my servicing dealer that said Rangers are running 24 hours a day because of demand --- they are running 1 shift a day lol).

If you prefer to have people including yourself not corrected with accurate info well it won't be from me and perhaps a forum is not the best place to spend their time. I have no problems being corrected as I love to learn new things or be educated on something I do not know but I believe I am well educated on vehicle ordering from spending a lot of spare time on these forums the past 5 years.

NPNelson - I apologize your thread got sidetracked. If you would like me to clean up the posts, let me know.

Such a nice looking color this Magnetic is. At first I wanted Atlas Blue, but now I leaning towards getting this color.

It is definitely a sharp color. I have one being built the end of May if you want it lol.

The black plastic will definitely blend in better the with Magnetic then the Atlas Blue. But I still love the Blue. Looks amazing in person.

NPNelson - I apologize your thread got sidetracked. If you would like me to clean up the posts, let me know.

I'm okay with the posts if you are. I am entertained and I am learning a lot.

I also appreciated the picture of the magnetic ST, front license plate bracket and all, lol. I have always ordered black cars, but felt that black on an ST with the street pack might not show off the ST features as much, now I'm really glad I went with the magnetic, although a black ST will still look sharp.

I just got off the phone with the dealer. I had inquired as to why if they entered it as a retail order, it wouldn't show on the retail order tracking site. It turns out, they use different terminology at the dealership. They use "customer" order to mean what the rest of us (and Ford) call "retail" order and they use "retail" order to mean what the rest of us call a dealer stock order. They ordered it as dealer stock because they thought it would get here faster. I explained everything I learned here and he had no awareness of any of that. I then went on to express my concern that I might be getting a unit that might have required some rework. He tried to convince me that STs are custom and that Ford wouldn't let that happen. I laughed to myself about that, 20% of the Explorers will be ST, hardly custom and I don't think they are building and base or XLTs until June.

I also asked him to confirm my VIN and check on the build date (I didn't tell him I already knew the build date). He said he didn't have a build date and couldn't get to the VIN, so I told him to check again tomorrow and please let me know.

I also told him I am monitoring the progress at CAP (hopefully those in the know can pass on some intel to this forum) and that if I become aware of any issues that require substantial rework, I will be subjecting the vehicle to extra scrutiny. I'm mainly concerned about them having to disassemble something and never quite get it back together correctly, causing a rattle or something like that. I'm not worried about software bugs, or stuff that they can fix without taking the whole car apart. The truth is with an estimated 5/21 build date, the delivery date might not be all that far off from a retail order and they still have plenty of build days before then to work out kinks. At this point, my other option is to order new, and that would definitely get here later

Still, I would have preferred a retail order and the next time I order a car, I will specify that I want it to be a retail (i.e. customer order) and not dealer stock order and then I will ask to see the order confirmation sheet to make sure it has a retail priority code (10 - 19).

Finally, I want to thank everyone for their contributions to this site, it has made me a much more educated consumer.

It is definitely a sharp color. I have one being built the end of May if you want it lol.

The black plastic will definitely blend in better the with Magnetic then the Atlas Blue. But I still love the Blue. Looks amazing in person.

I will most likely order it through my local dealer as I also have to trade in my 16 Sport with 25K miles. I am willing to wait a month or 2, just to make sure I get the Retail version. I would gladly add 600 to get performance package with bigger brake pads and brake calipers.

I'm okay with the posts if you are. I am entertained and I am learning a lot.

I also appreciated the picture of the magnetic ST, front license plate bracket and all, lol. I have always ordered black cars, but felt that black on an ST with the street pack might not show off the ST features as much, now I'm really glad I went with the magnetic, although a black ST will still look sharp.

I just got off the phone with the dealer. I had inquired as to why if they entered it as a retail order, it wouldn't show on the retail order tracking site. It turns out, they use different terminology at the dealership. They use "customer" order to mean what the rest of us (and Ford) call "retail" order and they use "retail" order to mean what the rest of us call a dealer stock order. They ordered it as dealer stock because they thought it would get here faster. I explained everything I learned here and he had no awareness of any of that. I then went on to express my concern that I might be getting a unit that might have required some rework. He tried to convince me that STs are custom and that Ford wouldn't let that happen. I laughed to myself about that, 20% of the Explorers will be ST, hardly custom and I don't think they are building and base or XLTs until June.

I also asked him to confirm my VIN and check on the build date (I didn't tell him I already knew the build date). He said he didn't have a build date and couldn't get to the VIN, so I told him to check again tomorrow and please let me know.

I also told him I am monitoring the progress at CAP (hopefully those in the know can pass on some intel to this forum) and that if I become aware of any issues that require substantial rework, I will be subjecting the vehicle to extra scrutiny. I'm mainly concerned about them having to disassemble something and never quite get it back together correctly, causing a rattle or something like that. I'm not worried about software bugs, or stuff that they can fix without taking the whole car apart. The truth is with an estimated 5/21 build date, the delivery date might not be all that far off from a retail order and they still have plenty of build days before then to work out kinks. At this point, my other option is to order new, and that would definitely get here later

Still, I would have preferred a retail order and the next time I order a car, I will specify that I want it to be a retail (i.e. customer order) and not dealer stock order and then I will ask to see the order confirmation sheet to make sure it has a retail priority code (10 - 19).

Finally, I want to thank everyone for their contributions to this site, it has made me a much more educated consumer.

Sounds like you have a good handle on everything. Now just need to wait to see when Retail orders start.

Looking forward to his response on whether you have a build date lol.

Where online can you go to check status with Vin number.....

Check out Donlen.com updates on Ford Production

Looking forward to his response on whether you have a build date lol.

Surprise, surprise - they have not updated me with a build date. That really ticks me off. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter right now. Once OK To Buy is given, I'll try to track down the shipping information and make sure I let them know that I know when it is arriving and that I want it prepped quickly. They pulled the same number on me with my 2011, but I was able to track the shipping information and I called the dealer the day it arrived and told them I wanted it prepped right away.

Mediocrity is everywhere these days....

2020%20Explorer%20ST.jpg

Interesting it will be to see how bigger will the performance brakes that only the dealer will be able to install. Front one's sure will be be bigger then in the pic.

Interesting it will be to see how bigger will the performance brakes that only the dealer will be able to install. Front one's sure will be be bigger then in the pic.

Based off the Packaging Guide, it is just upgrade Pads that the Track Pack gets over the Street Pack. The pads are dealer installed but both packages included the upgraded calipers/rotors.

2020 Explorer Packaging Guide

Based off the Packaging Guide, it is just upgrade Pads that the Track Pack gets over the Street Pack. The pads are dealer installed but both packages included the upgraded calipers/rotors.

2020 Explorer Packaging Guide

Upgraded pads. But by how many inches? 2? I would love to have faster stopping performance braking. 600 bucks difference, I guess they will have some kind of advantage in braking.

It's very odd that the Track Pack would add just pads for all the extra $600 but right now that's all I'm getting from my contacts. When I first asked one the engineers they thought that more stuff behind the scenes was upgraded like brake lines, ABS system, etc, etc but I haven't ever had that confirmed. According to this forums experts on the 2020 Explorer my sources are unreliable and usually wrong so who knows.

Tuesday next week I will get to drive all three 2020 PIU models in Seattle so I might ask a few people there for some clarification.

2020%20Explorer%20ST.jpg
I hope that our Russian friends can make this press a button to park itself without pressing brake pedal, steering wheel to park itself. From the remote control. That would be cool.

I hope that our Russian friends can make this press a button to park itself without pressing brake pedal, steering wheel to park itself. From the remote control. That would be cool.
It may be cool but I honestly don't see a need for it. As for your comment in another post about narrow parking spaces, if you find that you must park there and are willing to risk getting dings and scratches from the other vehicles, you can always exit via the liftgate.:D

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just an interesting update - my dealer still hasn't given me any updates, so I called Ford Customer Service today. That went nowhere, so I tried the vehicle chat site and the rep responded with:

"According to our resources, your vehicle is currently In Production at the plant. There is an estimated delivery date scheduled by June 2nd. However, please keep in mind that this is only an estimate and is subject to change."

Obviously, the estimated delivery date is probably off and doesn't take OK To Buy in account.

The window sticker isn't available yet either, which my understanding is the window sticker is usually generated around the time it goes into production.

I'm in Columbus, OH so I don't think they mess with rail shipping from Chicago (at least I don't think they did with my 2011). Their estimated delivery date would be consistent with a 5/21 build date should OK To Buy somehow come before then, but from what I gather on this forum OK To Buy usually takes longer than 2 weeks from the start of production.

The only thing I've caught coming out of CAP was on the first day when they were having some hiccups with the Aviator.

Which raises another question: Are Aviator and Explorer OK To Buys issued at the same time, or can they be different times?

Back