2020 Magnetic ST Ordered | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Magnetic ST Ordered

Would you please check status ordered by dealer 4/15/19
1FM5K8GCXLGA27096

@jtoman luckily, your dealer placed your order as a retail - customer order, so you can track it yourself at Ford Vehicle Order Tracking However, since it is a retail order, it won’t be scheduled until they issue OK to Buy. They have only been making them for two weeks, usually it takes around a month for them to issue OK To Buy.

There is a chance you could get yours before I get mine since my dealer placed a dealer stock order and I wasn’t smart enough to catch it at the time. Mine might be one of the first built and it might rot at the plant waiting for reinspection while yours goes straight to the rail yard or car carrier.

You should consider starting your own order thread and updating everyone on the forum as yours goes through the process from scheduling to delivery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks so much for the info. I will do as you suggested and start a thread.

@jtoman luckily, your dealer placed your order as a retail - customer order, so you can track it yourself at Ford Vehicle Order Tracking However, since it is a retail order, it won’t be scheduled until they issue OK to Buy. They have only been making them for two weeks, usually it takes around a month for them to issue OK To Buy.

There is a chance you could get yours before I get mine since my dealer placed a dealer stock order and I wasn’t smart enough to catch it at the time. Mine might be one of the first built and it might rot at the plant waiting for reinspection while yours goes straight to the rail yard or car carrier.

You should consider starting your own order thread and updating everyone on the forum as yours goes through the process from scheduling to delivery.

It is on the assembly line today. FYI, it is in a factory repair shop unit status. Meaning that something during the assembly happened. Could be paint, body, interior.. it is unknown yet but something on it is going to be repaired.

Another rearview camera issue perhaps?:dunno:

Peter

It is on the assembly line today. FYI, it is in a factory repair shop unit status. Meaning that something during the assembly happened. Could be paint, body, interior.. it is unknown yet but something on it is going to be repaired.

Thanks for the info! Still no window sticker either or any of the other VINs I have trolled.

Just judging by the VIN numbers and build dates I have seen here, I am guessing they are only running the line at 100 to 200 units a day. But that is just an uneducated guess.

I haven’t seen anything out of CAP either. Ford dropped a billion bucks in Chicago to retool, hiccups are to be expected. I am bummed that I didn’t emphasize retail customer order to the dealer. At the same time, it’s a dirty job, but someone has to buy the first units off the line.

Of course, my dealer hasn’t given me any updates, but I guess I wouldn’t expect them to want to tell me that something got jacked up during assembly.

I will go over it with a fine tooth comb when it arrives. I am still excited to get my hands on one. I just don’t want rattles! I will take a little paint defect any day.

Thanks for the info! Still no window sticker either or any of the other VINs I have trolled.

Just judging by the VIN numbers and build dates I have seen here, I am guessing they are only running the line at 100 to 200 units a day. But that is just an uneducated guess.

I haven’t seen anything out of CAP either. Ford dropped a billion bucks in Chicago to retool, hiccups are to be expected. I am bummed that I didn’t emphasize retail customer order to the dealer. At the same time, it’s a dirty job, but someone has to buy the first units off the line.

Of course, my dealer hasn’t given me any updates, but I guess I wouldn’t expect them to want to tell me that something got jacked up during assembly.

I will go over it with a fine tooth comb when it arrives. I am still excited to get my hands on one. I just don’t want rattles! I will take a little paint defect any day.

Ordered mine 4/15/19 $500 Down so I guess I’m considered Retail? Ordered New White color ST, no sun/ moon roof and didn’t go with Street Pack. Keep checking but no updates.
First Ford since 1972 Mustang.

Ordered mine 4/15/19 $500 Down so I guess I’m considered Retail? Ordered New White color ST, no sun/ moon roof and didn’t go with Street Pack. Keep checking but no updates.
First Ford since 1972 Mustang.

Yours is definitely retail because your VIN comes up on Ford’s retail order tracking site. Judging by your order date and others on the forum, I am guessing yours will be built in July sometime. The earliest build week I have seen for a retail order is June 17 and those were for people who ordered much earlier.

It is still just a big guess though. They are obviously still working some bugs out. They won’t build a single retail order until they issue OK to Buy. Consider yourself lucky, you will have less of a chance of your vehicle ending up in the repair shop before it even leaves the factory.

Reason window stickers havent been released yet is because Ford hasn't announced EPA MPG etc. Until that is announced, you wont get a window sticker.

And no offense but spending $55k.. you should not accept a paint defect period.

Yours is definitely retail because your VIN comes up on Ford’s retail order tracking site. Judging by your order date and others on the forum, I am guessing yours will be built in July sometime. The earliest build week I have seen for a retail order is June 17 and those were for people who ordered much earlier.

It is still just a big guess though. They are obviously still working some bugs out. They won’t build a single retail order until they issue OK to Buy. Consider yourself lucky, you will have less of a chance of your vehicle ending up in the repair shop before it even leaves the factory.
Thank you for the info

Is it true after order placed you cannot add items like Street Pack? Dealer tells me cannot add

Is it true after order placed you cannot add items like Street Pack? Dealer tells me cannot add

Once it is placed and Ford pulls it, you have a very short time to make changes. I dont have a build date yet (only build weekly and my order is locked so I had to reorder.

Reason window stickers havent been released yet is because Ford hasn't announced EPA MPG etc. Until that is announced, you wont get a window sticker.

And no offense but spending $55k.. you should not accept a paint defect period.

No offense taken. You are absolutely right, these are expensive vehicles and I should hold Ford to a higher standard here. I will check it out thoroughly when it arrives. I am half tempted to tell the dealer to put in a retail order for me, but it probably wouldn’t be built until early August at best and that would probably be a week into Job #2 if memory serves me. I don’t know what they are changing for Job #2, but I imagine there could be more hiccups, although I wouldn’t expect anywhere near as many as Job #1.

I just want to put my 2011 Limited with 160K miles out to pasture so bad....

There are no delays between Job 1 and 2. I'd have your dealer put another order in now just incase. That way in a month or so if you refuse this one, you should already be scheduled.

A good dealer wont care. ****, I now have 3 STs on order lmao... with zero deposit.

July 22nd is Job 2. I'm going to have to study the differences again. Away for the weekend and easier to do on my computer so I'll research more Monday. I'd assume my new order yesterday will be a Job 2.

There are no delays between Job 1 and 2. I'd have your dealer put another order in now just incase. That way in a month or so if you refuse this one, you should already be scheduled.

A good dealer wont care. ****, I now have 3 STs on order lmao... with zero deposit.

July 22nd is Job 2. I'm going to have to study the differences again. Away for the weekend and easier to do on my computer so I'll research more Monday. I'd assume my new order yesterday will be a Job 2.

Last day for Job 1 orders was May 2 I believe

Looks like it is just description changes for Job 2. No difference in features.

My dealer is telling me that, no Explorer will hit dealer here in NJ until late August.

What you mean by that ?

Meaning it is just terminology in the order guide that they changed to better describe features. Does not seem to be any actual changes. Example, the b&o 14 speaker system now says b&o 980 watt 14 speaker system. (same thing, just more descriptive)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Meaning it is just terminology in the order guide that they changed to better describe features. Does not seem to be any actual changes. Example, the b&o 14 speaker system now says b&o 980 watt 14 speaker system. (same thing, just more descriptive)
Thank you...

Back