2020 Official Colorado Color Run | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Official Colorado Color Run

We made it in to Grand Junction Colorado with no issues 👍 staying the night here.

Keep us posted on tomorrow mornings breakfast/meet n greet
EDAD84F5-6D96-44E0-94CD-C3AD64F7E103.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RJ, what time do you think you'll be pulling in?

That's perfect. We're gonna try and have breakfast around 9am. Do you know what site you're at yet?

I can't be with you in person, but I will sure be with you all in spirit. Have a great time out there and stay safe:chug:

That's perfect. We're gonna try and have breakfast around 9am. Do you know what site you're at yet?

One of the tent sites in the back. I don't have the spot number yet.

So who's making breakfast? 😁

Hmmm... Well I'm bringing donuts. 😁 But TJ is better equipped to cook breakfast. Or we could eat at the restaurant here.

I plan cooking breakfast if you all are interested. I have a pretty decent setup for cooking. Space 93 with blue and tan Motorhome. It’s at the end close to second entrance. I am going to make breakfast burritos. Plan on eating at 9am

Welp, long day. Headed out at 8am on the hunt for the pump.

The autozone down in garden city said they had the right pump. Turns out they had the wrong pump.

We checked out a flight to Denver from their regional airport. Round trip was only $82, but... wouldn't let us return until a week later. Lol

As we was thinking about the loss of another day, waiting until the morning, to rent a car, and drive to Denver for an 8 hour round trip, the phone rang.

Autozone in Salina called, said they got the right pump delivered and had it on hold for us.

3.5 hrs to get there, going back (and past) the way we came the day before.

We returned and dropped off the part at the mechanic shop, and just now got another room. Its 11:00pm.

Well, wish all this hadn't happened, but I'm glad you got the part and are on the way to being on your way. 😁

Well, I've made it. All leveled, supported, hooked up and plugged in. Got the beer on ice and things are looking good. Just gotta fix dinner, I'm starving!

We'll see about a back seat. I'm thinking of temporarily removing the running boàrds and trying it in the Expedition. Those of you who have done these trails let me know what you think.
Theoffroadexplorer, I'm in 58B 😁

Yankee Boy should be no problem in the Expedition.
(I really wouldn't recommend any other trails unless you have an all terrain type tire)
Black Bear will be doable, but not really recommend unless you have a considerable amount of experience on mountain roads. An alternative would be to take Ophir pass and meet the group in Telluride.
Imogene you should have no problems until you get near the bottom. It is rough but passable with a little planning/spotting.
Lower Mineral Creek/Engineer is really rough, tight and technical, but not impossible.
Poughkeepsie I wouldn't recommend at all.
Cutoff from Engineer to Anamas Forks is rough, but doable.
I haven't been on California in a while but don't remember anything terrible on it.
Corkscrew has some tight switchbacks that my require multi point turns and has a few tight spots down near the bottom, but should be doable.
Upper Engineer and the Lake City side has a couple switchbacks that will require a planned attack, but otherwise is fine.
Cinnamon is not much worse than Yankee Boy.

I'm at a town south of limon letting the trans cool off.

Wont make it until late tonight or tomorrow.

Left the trailer in ks. No power steering.

Mike, I might need some assistance with the power steering at your place before I head back if you could. Lol

You know I'll pitch in and do whatever I can.

No problem. I got coffee, and my kitchen table converts into a bed. 😁

Well the Expedition survived Yankee Boy (We removed the running boards). But not so sure I could survive any others, even if the truck managed, I'd be a nervous wreck with every crunch and thump i heard LoL. Still enjoyed the trail and the scenery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today was fun and everyone survived. We are planning on leaving camp tomorrow morning about 730 to meet at BB trail head at 8.
Unless you all decide otherwise due to Gman and the issues with his rig.
Just let me know.

Back