2020 Silver Spruce Platinum ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Silver Spruce Platinum ordered

I was wondering the same thing, I found this article from a focus RS forum, and it breaks everything down, for example on mine its says 4-rebill and idk what that means Window Sticker Guide - How to Read

but Convoy means it will be delivered via truck and not rail
Mine have all read CONVOY but they all left the factory by rail for the first leg of the trip and then transferred to transport truck in the Toronto area.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the Normal time of delivery by truck once built. I asked my salesman, his answer 30 days

What is the Normal time of delivery by truck once built. I asked my salesman, his answer 30 days

Depends on how far you are. Every vehicle is delivered by convoy as a train does not pull up to the dealership. It can take about a week to go across country and a few days for a truck. But trucks don't just deliver 1 vehicle to a dealer.. so yours may arrive at the rail yard and sit there for days or even a week+ until they have enough vehicles to fill a truck.

I would say an average would be 7-10 days if shipping goes smoothly once it leaves the factory.

I doubt yours will be trucked all the way to Texas. Normally they leave by rail to a common area unloading point and then put on trucks. That was posted in the 5th gen. threads on orders.

Peter

Either way should be sooner then 30 days! Thats a relief.

Depends on how far you are. Every vehicle is delivered by convoy as a train does not pull up to the factory. It can take about a week to go across country and a few days for a truck. But trucks don't just deliver 1 vehicle to a dealer.. so yours may arrive at the rail yard and sit there for days or even a week+ until they have enough vehicles to fill a truck.

I would say an average would be 7-10 days if shipping goes smoothly once it leaves the factory.
The railyards are very close to the factory and as the article says. Industrial History: Ford's Chicago Torrence Avenue Assembly Plant

Peter

Clip_8.jpg

@peterk9 I meant to say the trains do not pull up to the dealership (didn't mean to say factory) which is why they are all convoy. Edited to correct lol.

With a starting price of $75,500 (CDN) you won't see one in my garage.

Peter

With a starting price of $75,500 (CDN) you won't see one in my garage.

Peter
About 400 CAD more than the equivalent US one too. Get enough on a transport and sell them in Canada for marginally less than sticker.

I was wondering the same thing, I found this article from a focus RS forum, and it breaks everything down, for example on mine its says 4-rebill and idk what that means Window Sticker Guide - How to Read

but Convoy means it will be delivered via truck and not rail
I ordered my vehicle as dealer stock. It has been made. Is there anyway to track when it ships other than calling dealer every week.

I ordered my vehicle as dealer stock. It has been made. Is there anyway to track when it ships other than calling dealer every week.

Dealer stock orders are not visible on Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking website, and window stickers aren't available at forddirect.com. You should be able to see your Explorer status as "in transit" at your dealership's website, but you'll have to nag your sales guy for tracking info.

My 2020 Explorer Platinum status has been stuck "In Production" for about three weeks now. I've been checking status and looking at the window sticker daily and noticed that date at the bottom of the window sticker changes (updates) every seven days. I now have the fourth version of my window sticker. Here's a summary:

Order placed: 9-Feb-2019
In Order Processing (Unscheduled Clean): 20-Feb-2019
VIN assigned (1FM5K8HC3LGAxxxxx): 18-Apr-2019
Scheduled build (week of): 17-Jun-2019
First window sticker generated: 18-Jun-2019
Production scheduled for: 25-Jun-2019
Second window sticker generated: 25-Jun-2019
Third window sticker generated: 2-Jul-2019
Fourth window sticker generated: 9-Jul-2019

My 2020 Explorer Platinum status has been stuck "In Production" for about three weeks now. I've been checking status and looking at the window sticker daily and noticed that date at the bottom of the window sticker changes (updates) every seven days. I now have the fourth version of my window sticker. Here's a summary:

VIN assigned (1FM5K8HC3LGA21316): 18-Apr-2019
I am in the same situation, my ST has been "In Production" since 6/18 and was scheduled for 6/28. I realize the 10 day shutdown likely has me pushed into at least mid week this week.

I am in the same situation, my ST has been "In Production" since 6/18 and was scheduled for 6/28. I realize the 10 day shutdown likely has me pushed into at least mid week this week.

Same with me, build date 6/26/19 and still shows In Production. Thanks for posting the 10 shutdown I thought it was for a week. Explains why I am not seeing updates this week so far.

Since June 17, the status of my 2020 Explorer Platinum has been stuck "In Production" -- that's an entire month without progress through the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant.

I've been checking status and looking at the window sticker daily and noticed that date at the very bottom of the window sticker changes (updates) every seven days. As of today, I have the fifth version of my window sticker. Here's a summary:

Fifth window sticker generated: 16-Jul-2019

I'd have to conclude that either Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking system is broken, or something's gone wrong with my 2020 Explorer.

Since June 17, the status of my 2020 Explorer Platinum has been stuck "In Production" -- that's an entire month without progress through the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant.

I've been checking status and looking at the window sticker daily and noticed that date at the very bottom of the window sticker changes (updates) every seven days. As of today, I have the fifth version of my window sticker. Here's a summary:

I'd have to conclude that either Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking system is broken, or something's gone wrong with my 2020 Explorer.
That really Sucks, have you tried calling the Ford number and asking them whats going on? (1-800-392-3673) they were pretty helpful when I called them.

Window stickers update every 7 days.. it means nothing.. it's just how Ford's system works. The 1st -5th.. 6th, 7th, 8th etc will all be the same thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That really Sucks, have you tried calling the Ford number and asking them whats going on? (1-800-392-3673) they were pretty helpful when I called them.

I'll give that a try, Matthew. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back