City, State
Eastpointe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
since i never made my own thread

leasing a 2020 ST with street pack, moon roof, and tech package
tagged at 59,520
A plan at 54,949

dealer ordered, i expected it later this month, but went to my dealer to talk final numbers, and it showed up 1 hour later along with 3 more ST's. A White, SIlver, and Blue ( not atlas), and mine.

Test drove it today, picking up tomorrow

Showed up with 43 miles
dirty as all can be, gonna need a good iron remover on it
Interior is nice, tablet will take a minute to get used to, when you reverse it breaks up your screen into 3 things
didn't get to mess with the 12 inch cluster
acceleration is quick, did not put it in sport mode, braking is..well they are brand new brakes so they stop faster
like the more visibility in the glass for the moonroof compared to the '16. you dont have that bigger headliner in the middle

will attach more pictures tomorrow

20190702_141315.jpg

IMG_20190702_141145_574.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where are you located? I’m in NYC and awaiting my retail order! I’m trying to figure out when to expect it.

Where are you located? I’m in NYC and awaiting my retail order! I’m trying to figure out when to expect it.

Have you asked your dealer about the ETA? Is it built? Your dealer is your #1 source for updates in the tracking system.

I am 15 minutes north of Detroit!

Absolutely didnt expect a dealer order this fast. Then again i did at least place the order in January

I ordered in Feb, window sticker shows build date of 6-26.

Just curious as to what the lease rate is? It is not yet on the Canadian site.

Peter

Just curious as to what the lease rate is? It is not yet on the Canadian site.

Peter
According to fords site. With mine tagged at 59,520

Assuming 10% down or 6k due at signing 585/month for 36 month at 2.5% apr 10,500 miles a year

One thing I've noticed over the years that while the Ford.ca site always posts the lease interest rate the Ford.com does not for some reason. The purchase finance rate is shown at 7% on Ford.ca but the lease rate hasn't been posted yet.

Peter

Always been told never put money down on a lease because if vehicle ever gets totaled, insurance only pays what was owed.. you dont get your $6k back.

$6k down for a lease is a lot of money.

I have full cost replacement insurance as required by Ford Credit.

Peter

I have full cost replacement insurance as required by Ford Credit.

Peter
I dont mean what YOU owe, I meant the total amount owed (lease payments + buyout) as Ford needs to be made whole. So you lose the $6k because you dont get the vehicle in your possession to sell. The payout from the insurance is what is owed to make Ford whole and not what the vehicle is worth at the time of the accident.

Every site I have gone to confirms this opinion.. do not put money down or put as little as possible. $6k is a lot of money for a lease.

yeah its tough, i had to get the payments a little lower, been saving up being a recent college grad, that A plan helped or i wouldnt have been able to get it. and I more then likely will purchase the car after the term is up, so ill take the lower payments up front, i got it down to 540/month

I dont mean what YOU owe, I meant the total amount owed (lease payments + buyout) as Ford needs to be made whole. So you lose the $6k because you dont get the vehicle in your possession to sell. The payout from the insurance is what is owed to make Ford whole and not what the vehicle is worth at the time of the accident.

Every site I have gone to confirms this opinion.. do not put money down or put as little as possible. $6k is a lot of money for a lease.
Just got clarification from my insurance agent since my renewal is coming up. The insurance will make Ford whole and pay me the amount that I have so far put into the vehicle. In other words, the whole cost of the vehicle when new will be paid out.

Peter

I've had the car for a week now, just under 200 miles

Currently averaging 18.5 MPG
LOVE the tablet screen
Have had a few issues with the Bluetooth, after having my phone connected at least once a day it randomly drops connection after both the screen and my phone say they re connected, so i just disconnect from my phone and reconnect, takes 5 seconds nbd. Did however have to reset the entire system because 3 days after I got it, it failed to see and connect to my phone at all, even after shutting on and off a few times, unpairing and trying to pair it again it just wouldn't recognize the vehicle.

The auto headlights came on randomly a few times while diving on a flat road, so im probably going to turn that off
only other issue was when backing into my driveway today, my power washer was 3 feet to the side of the vehicle and when backing up it mustve thought i was going to hit it and it threw the assisted brake on

Spent 4 hours doing a detail by hand, (stripped, washed, iron remover, clay, hand polish, glaze, and a paste wax, sealed the glass) all adams polishes brand.. Need tint bad lol but here are some pictures

_MG_5638.jpg
_MG_5645.jpg
_MG_5653.jpg

Seeing as how you’re someone that understands detailing a car, how did the paint come from the factory? I have a Star White on the way but hoping to ceramic coat it without much need for correction on the pearl - after I strip, iron x, clay, ipa etc.

Seeing as how you’re someone that understands detailing a car, how did the paint come from the factory? I have a Star White on the way but hoping to ceramic coat it without much need for correction on the pearl - after I strip, iron x, clay, ipa etc.

For me there was just 1 tiny bubble of paint, but it's in a spot where it's not a huge deal for me, and once you're real up close, just some orange peel on the doors. Other than that pretty good, just really had to use that iron remover just because when I saw how much industrial fallout was on that car when it came off the truck and I know they didnt use it when they prepped it before I picked it up

I also would love to ceramic coat but I'm seeing quotes of around 600, and I dont have a garage to do it myself. Nor do I have or know how to use a wheel to really make it flawless before applying it

Black is a whole different ballgame on getting it perfect. We only get white cars so I just get it as good as I can by hand, I do have a DA but I’ve never had to use it on one of our new cars. A garage is definitely a must but applying in a garage is really simple after watching a few YouTube vids. Car looks great. Keep the updates coming with little nuances you find. If there’s not one when my ST lands I’ll start an “issues” thread for small complaints and trending issues.

Black is nice when clean. There sure is a lot of room in those wheel wells. Looking at your pictures the first time I thought that there was a huge dent in the rear fender.:D

Peter

................... If there’s not one when my ST lands I’ll start an “issues” thread for small complaints and trending issues.
Any issues are usually posted in their own threads so to keep them separate just like in the 5th gen. subforums.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Black is nice when clean. There sure is a lot of room in those wheel wells. Looking at your pictures the first time I thought that there was a huge dent in the rear fender.:D

Peter

I thought the same thing at first where the bumper cover meets the wheel well area.

And yes, looking at it from straight on, it sure looks like the rotors don't fill the tire area very well. Definitely could have been bigger.

Back