2020 ST Multiple Sync/Tech Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST Multiple Sync/Tech Issues

Anyone knows if they have an update coming up for that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my Limited I have had several instances where the Sirius information for the song playing is correct, but if I have the audio menu on the main center dash on it doesn't update or only partially updates. I'm on version 19274

For these item, yeah the system takes maybe a 45s - 1 minute to fully boot everything, especially if you have Nav. The full boot isn't hidden by the splash screen. In that first ~minute, you'll probably notice delayed responses since it's under load. It's most noticeable if you jump in, start and go really quickly as the boot isn't being "hidden" then. If you're on the initial software (19101), you can hit the dealer for the latest (19200). There's another one coming that, I believe, will be a user update.

Sorry, this is an old thread and you may not be tracking it anymore, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm on 19101. I spoke to my local dealer (both the service manager as well as the service advisor I have previously used) and neither understand anything about dealer updates for Sync. They both believe that the only updates for Sync are those done by the user. Is there anything I can do to explain to them what to do in order to move me from 19101 to 19247 (or whatever the newest build is)? Or am I best off just to wait until Ford releases an update the user can install themselves?

Sorry, this is an old thread and you may not be tracking it anymore, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm on 19101. I spoke to my local dealer (both the service manager as well as the service advisor I have previously used) and neither understand anything about dealer updates for Sync. They both believe that the only updates for Sync are those done by the user. Is there anything I can do to explain to them what to do in order to move me from 19101 to 19247 (or whatever the newest build is)? Or am I best off just to wait until Ford releases an update the user can install themselves?

Oy. They should have the software to do it. I can't believe they have never updated a module in some warranty service, etc. over the last many years. Unless they're one to just part swap. If you're not having too many problems with 19101 at the moment, it might be easier to wait for the official update. Hopefully not too far off. Several sites have the 19274 app and voice packs available to download if you wanted to DIY, though your mileage will vary on the accuracy of their instructions on what to update.

Oy. They should have the software to do it. I can't believe they have never updated a module in some warranty service, etc. over the last many years. Unless they're one to just part swap. If you're not having too many problems with 19101 at the moment, it might be easier to wait for the official update. Hopefully not too far off. Several sites have the 19274 app and voice packs available to download if you wanted to DIY, though your mileage will vary on the accuracy of their instructions on what to update.

Thanks for the reply! I'm not experiencing any issues with 19101, other than it can be fairly laggy at times (sometimes it's responsive to touch, but sometimes I touch a selection on the screen and it takes several seconds to register). I'm not sure if the newer builders are more responsive/less laggy.

Thanks for the reply! I'm not experiencing any issues with 19101, other than it can be fairly laggy at times (sometimes it's responsive to touch, but sometimes I touch a selection on the screen and it takes several seconds to register). I'm not sure if the newer builders are more responsive/less laggy.

Now that we got you updated, hopefully you'll see some improvement.

Thanks for the help! Sync can still be laggy, but it may just be the OS or the hardware. The update did appear to fix the album art issue when streaming music over bluetooth--it now correctly displays the embedded album art.

If anyone else is looking to upgrade to sync build 19247, I followed these instructions and they worked for me.

On a USB drive, create a folder called "SyncMyRide".
In that folder, paste in these files:
Go out of that folder (up a level), and create a notepad file called "autoinstall.lst" next to the "SyncMyRide" folder (note: the file extension needs to be .lst not .txt).
In that notepad, file paste in this text:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 5U5T-14G391-CK_1571088381000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G391-CK_1571088381000.TAR.GZ
Item2 = 5U5T-14G381-CJ_1571083986000.TAR.GZ
Open2 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-CJ_1571083986000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Then, I just plug it into the Explorer's USB port and it does everything automatically.

If anyone else is looking to upgrade to sync build 19247, I followed these instructions and they worked for me.

On a USB drive, create a folder called "SyncMyRide".
In that folder, paste in these files:
Go out of that folder (up a level), and create a notepad file called "autoinstall.lst" next to the "SyncMyRide" folder (note: the file extension needs to be .lst not .txt).
In that notepad, file paste in this text:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 5U5T-14G391-CK_1571088381000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G391-CK_1571088381000.TAR.GZ
Item2 = 5U5T-14G381-CJ_1571083986000.TAR.GZ
Open2 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-CJ_1571083986000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Then, I just plug it into the Explorer's USB port and it does everything automatically.

There are newer files available. SYNC 3.4 20021 and NA Maps 1.19.

I spot checked. They still have invalid file package pairings.

Thanks for that. I'm trying to download to see what they have...taking forever.

I don't think I'd trust files that aren't from Ford servers.

Back