2020 ST ordered | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST ordered

I have X plan. Give them the pin and ask for dealer assistance?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe you live in the part of USA were things are cheaper or you can get better deals. Here in East coast, dealers are telling me that "there will be no deals on ST, it's the new platform and redesign and we can just sell it for MSRP or close to it to someone else. They are not in a hurry to get the trucks off of the lot either.

Well I am in NH and have dealers I have talked to in NJ, VA, MD, MI, WI and IL. All are a little above holdback. There are plenty out there willing to deal. Hell, even in my home state they are discounting $3k off sticker advertised online without any negotiating.

So are you saying that the x plan is not worth it ? I have the Plan and hope to use it before 12/9

Xplan is a good way of getting a decent deal but it is about $100 over invoice. There is another $2,600 in profit below that price and that doesnt include kickbacks or bonuses for volume sales.

Here is a breakdown of the deal I never thought would be possible.

MSRP $59,520
Discount $6,037
PCO $1,250
Total Purchase $52,233

$799 Doc Fee (I cringed at this.. but they do it for every vehicle)

Total Out the Door Price $53,032 a savings of $6,488 off sticker price.

Will post pictures Thursday when we pick it up.

PS - Clearly there are deals out there to be had. I wouldn't settle for invoice or anything over it.
Since you have to fly out to pick up the Explorer, I think that cost should also be factored in.

Peter

Since you have to fly out to pick up the Explorer, I think that cost should also be factored in.

Peter

Fair enough, $262 for the flight.

FYI, the X-plan is most useful on Lincoln where there is no holdback. Still pays to shop around though.

FYI, the X-plan is most useful on Lincoln where there is no holdback. Still pays to shop around though.

That's actually not true. I just learned this last month through a good Lincoln contact. Technically there is no 3% holdback however, Lincoln replaced it with "Lincoln Money" which is 5.75% of MSRP less any package discounts on the sticker.

So on a $60k Lincoln there is $3,450 in Lincoln Money which is almost twice the holdback Ford gives. So Xplan is actually worse on Lincoln because there is far more profit to negotiate into. If it is a BL, there is even more.

The BL Nautilus that was $69k sticker I had down to $62,300 less $750 PCO and $500 Rebate. That was almost $7k off sticker and another $1,250 in rebates. This was why I almost switched the the BL instead of the ST before getting this killer deal on the ST. Xplan was nowhere near these savings with Lincoln.

Interesting, I know when I initially ordered my Aviator the X-plan saved 4k off sticker. If I went with A/Z-plan it was 7k off sticker. I had to go with X-plan because purchase was through my business. The Aviator sticker price was 68k.

If anyone is looking, Koons Ford in Baltimore just got in 2 Magnetic and 1 Black ST. Call and talk to Tom ASAP if you want one. You should be below invoice pricing and doc fee is only $300.

Back