2020 ST ordered

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Figured Id start my own thread in the proper forum. My wife is indecisive of which color to get so along with the Atlas Blue ST, we ordered a Magnetic ST today and will choose which one we want when they come in. Pricing comes into play so may be forced to take the blue (which is what I want). The problem with the auto show videos is itnisnt natural light so what it looks like outside is very different then under the auto show spotlights.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, and I have the magnetic here (2015) and love the color. Now that they have so much plastic trim on them it accents the darkness with the magnetic color. Congrats on the ST!

Nice, and I have the magnetic here (2015) and love the color. Now that they have so much plastic trim on them it accents the darkness with the magnetic color. Congrats on the ST!

Thats what my wife was saying. The black gloss grill, mirrors , smoked lights and plastic trim will go well with magnetic. I just love the blue and that will definitely pop.

Cant get enough of this pic..

2020-ford-explorer-st.jpg

They can be ordered, they have been ordered.. don't know what to tell you.. But order banks are open and all pricing is available. Here is my order updated with the "new" pricing.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 1.49.49 PM.png

The Magnetic Grey is scheduled May 27th and I have a VIN. The Atlas Blue will not be scheduled till ok to buy is given.

The magnetic was put in as a dealer stock so will be built first.

I received my VIN today for my agate black ST and my build is scheduled for may 20th. very excited!

Looks super nice. Think I prefer the magnetic gray. Obviously just my opinion

That's why the 2nd one on order is Magnetic lol. I wasn't sure which of the 2 I was going to get.

ba

Contacted my local dealer in Alabama to discuss placing an order for an ST. They determined an order could be placed. Feedback from Ford indicated they should not expect to receive it before some time in September. UGH! That sets me back big time. Thinking I might wait for them to hit the dealer lots in June and search for an ST from the available inventory. Could their info on the delivery timing be accurate? Also thinking about contacting other dealers to what they can do on timing.

Dealers are being told by Ford not to expect them till July at the earliest. September seems extreme.. they aren't going to build them for 3 months and not ship them. There is no production delays on the ST or "Late Availability" on it so it will be produced along with the others at a 20% mix. I'd expect mid June they will start rolling in but it really all depends on when the Ok to Buy is given.

The Magnetic Grey is scheduled May 27th and I have a VIN. The Atlas Blue will not be scheduled till ok to buy is given.

The magnetic was put in as a dealer stock so will be built first.

Magnetic now pushed to June 6th.

Still no VIN on the Blue.

Man, I really wanted to find my way into a 2020 ST, but I don't think it's gonna happen. With the base price being over $54k MSRP and almost $60k loaded how I'd want it.... I have a few more pennies to save than what I was expecting. I guess I'll have to see what kind of lease offers and incentives they offer, plus X Plan. I love this thing, though!

Man, I really wanted to find my way into a 2020 ST, but I don't think it's gonna happen. With the base price being over $54k MSRP and almost $60k loaded how I'd want it.... I have a few more pennies to save than what I was expecting. I guess I'll have to see what kind of lease offers and incentives they offer, plus X Plan. I love this thing, though!
Damn, so much for a working man's truck. You could get into a Lexus GX easily for that price. Hope the new Explorer is as reliable.

Damn, so much for a working man's truck. You could get into a Lexus GX easily for that price. Hope the new Explorer is as reliable.

The Explorer hasn't been a working man's truck... ever, I think actually. Every generation has become more and more family oriented.

The Explorer hasn't been a working man's truck... ever, I think actually. Every generation has become more and more family oriented.
Well, I meant an SUV/Truck for the average Joe or Jane. It is now more expensive than a similar Lexus.

I just built a rx350 with every option the ST has and the MSRP was $60,6xx. Not sure how you could get a GX equipped similarly for under $60k.

And I can assure you it will not perform nearly as well as the ST with its 297hp and 267tq

Well, I meant an SUV/Truck for the average Joe or Jane. It is now more expensive than a similar Lexus.

As blwnsmoke just posted, that's just not really true.

And the Explorer wasn't marketed there either, so. I'm not quite getting your point.

I just built a rx350 with every option the ST has and the MSRP was $60,6xx. Not sure how you could get a GX equipped similarly for under $60k.

And I can assure you it will not perform nearly as well as the ST with its 297hp and 267tq

RX isn't really competition, it is FWD based, maybe competes with the current generation. I would say the GX is. It is actually body on Frame, RWD like a 2010 Ex. Probably based on a Tacoma (like a Ranger and Second Gen X).

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/lexus/gx

52k-63k

GX has has 4.6L Toyota V8.
Every GX features a 4.6-liter V8 engine that makes 301 horsepower and 329 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed automatic transmission comes standard.

Granted, it isn't the latest and greatest, but that would be a consideration for me if I was in the market.

RX isn't really competition, it is FWD based, maybe competes with the current generation. I would say the GX is. It is actually body on Frame, RWD like a 2010 Ex. Probably based on a Tacoma (like a Ranger and Second Gen X).

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/lexus/gx

52k-63k

GX has has 4.6L Toyota V8.
Every GX features a 4.6-liter V8 engine that makes 301 horsepower and 329 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed automatic transmission comes standard.

Granted, it isn't the latest and greatest, but that would be a consideration for me if I was in the market.

A BoF SUV is the Expeditions market segment, not the Explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A BoF SUV is the Expeditions market segment, not the Explorers.

My thoughts exactly but from what I can tell, the GX is 7" shorter then the Explorer. I thought it was a much bigger vehicle.

Buy a 4.6L V8 with 301hp with a 6speed vs 400hp, TT V6 with 10 speed. No comparison.

Plus, if one thinks this looks good, they have no business on here lol

18290073466908023199.jpeg

Back