2021 Explorer Front Camera Washer | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2021 Explorer Front Camera Washer

duke594

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Limited
I have a 2021 Ford Explorer Limited. It is missing the front camera washer. I believe I can get the parts for a 2020 to add to my 2021( Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K) and Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D)) but have no idea where to connect the hose to. Does any have pictures of how the hose is ran and connected to rest of the system or a diagram of his it is all connected. The parts diagram isn't much help. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Are you supposed to have the front washer or was it deleted on the 2021 Limited? Do you have the rear washer activating switch on the wiper stock? I believe that the washer hose would connect to the supply hose for the rear window. Does the camera have the washer outlet.? I've never really checked mine up close. If it is "missing" as in supposed to be there, did you mention it to the dealer?

Peter

Dale5403

Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
From what I've seen the front camera washer was deleted on all but the Platinum for 2021. Also seen where a person purchased the parts but had not tried to install them. So I have no idea how feasible it might be to try this.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Thanks Dale. That would explain why it's "missing". I glanced through the 2021 Order Guide and didn't see where it specifically mentioned that it was deleted. I did not go through each trim level. Perhaps it was included in an option package that was changed.

Peter

Dakotagypsy

Reaction score
City, State
Kyle, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Are you supposed to have the front washer or was it deleted on the 2021 Limited? Do you have the rear washer activating switch on the wiper stock? I believe that the washer hose would connect to the supply hose for the rear window. Does the camera have the washer outlet.? I've never really checked mine up close. If it is "missing" as in supposed to be there, did you mention it to the dealer?

Peter
Is the 2020 LTD supposed to have the camera washers?

duke594

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Limited
Yes, the 2020 Limited did have the front camera washers. We have the rear camera washer just not the front. I know on the 2020s the front camera washer was activated when you used the front window washer.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
From what I found, it seems to be YES. The following is from the 2020 Order Guide.
● 360-Degree Camera (with Split View and Washer)

Peter

Dakotagypsy

Reaction score
City, State
Kyle, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Yes, the 2020 Limited did have the front camera washers. We have the rear camera washer just not the front. I know on the 2020s the front camera washer was activated when you used the front window washer.
Thanks. Guess it's just another thing Ford screwed up on my vehicle.