How to: - 2021 Explorer Front Camera Washer - Add on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: 2021 Explorer Front Camera Washer - Add on

Post number 13 has been selected as best answered.

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

duke594

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Limited
I have a 2021 Ford Explorer Limited. It is missing the front camera washer. I believe I can get the parts for a 2020 to add to my 2021( Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K) and Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D)) but have no idea where to connect the hose to. Does any have pictures of how the hose is ran and connected to rest of the system or a diagram of his it is all connected. The parts diagram isn't much help. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you supposed to have the front washer or was it deleted on the 2021 Limited? Do you have the rear washer activating switch on the wiper stock? I believe that the washer hose would connect to the supply hose for the rear window. Does the camera have the washer outlet.? I've never really checked mine up close. If it is "missing" as in supposed to be there, did you mention it to the dealer?

Peter

From what I've seen the front camera washer was deleted on all but the Platinum for 2021. Also seen where a person purchased the parts but had not tried to install them. So I have no idea how feasible it might be to try this.

Thanks Dale. That would explain why it's "missing". I glanced through the 2021 Order Guide and didn't see where it specifically mentioned that it was deleted. I did not go through each trim level. Perhaps it was included in an option package that was changed.

Peter

Are you supposed to have the front washer or was it deleted on the 2021 Limited? Do you have the rear washer activating switch on the wiper stock? I believe that the washer hose would connect to the supply hose for the rear window. Does the camera have the washer outlet.? I've never really checked mine up close. If it is "missing" as in supposed to be there, did you mention it to the dealer?

Peter
Is the 2020 LTD supposed to have the camera washers?

Yes, the 2020 Limited did have the front camera washers. We have the rear camera washer just not the front. I know on the 2020s the front camera washer was activated when you used the front window washer.

From what I found, it seems to be YES. The following is from the 2020 Order Guide.
● 360-Degree Camera (with Split View and Washer)

Peter

Yes, the 2020 Limited did have the front camera washers. We have the rear camera washer just not the front. I know on the 2020s the front camera washer was activated when you used the front window washer.
Thanks. Guess it's just another thing Ford screwed up on my vehicle.

I have a 2021 Ford Explorer Limited. It is missing the front camera washer. I believe I can get the parts for a 2020 to add to my 2021( Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K) and Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D)) but have no idea where to connect the hose to. Does any have pictures of how the hose is ran and connected to rest of the system or a diagram of his it is all connected. The parts diagram isn't much help. Thank you!
Did you install the front washer? What parts did you use? Thanks for checking in on this.

I finally got the front camera washer installed. I will be posting pictures of the install soon.
I believe I have all the parts. Looking forward to your post!

How I installed the front camera washer on my 2021 Ford Explorer Limited.

Parts Needed:

Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K)

Connector Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-Z)

Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D)

1st I had to remove the front bumper cover/ grill to get access to the camera. Here is a link to the YouTube video I used to help with removing the bumper cover/ grill: ;

2nd Once I had the bumper cover/ grill removed I removed the camera module to install the spray nozzle to it Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D). I carefully removed the connector to the camera and used a Torx T20 to remove the 4 screws that hold it to the grill. I made sure I put the camera back in the same direction it came out.
Picture1.jpg

3rd Once I had the nozzle installed and reinstalled the camera module I connected the Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K). I had to remove 2 push pins that held the camera cable to the bumper cover/ grill and push the Christmas tree pins from the hose into those locations. Then pushed the rest of the Christmas tree pins into the white tabs attached the camera cable/ wire harness.

Picture2.jpg

4th I installed all of the Christmas tree pins into all of the white tabs till the end of the front hose (white connector).

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

5th I reinstalled the bumper cover/ grill reverse the steps from the YouTube video.

6th Once bumper cover/ grill in reinstalled I connected the Connector Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-Z). This was a bit harder to install as there wasn’t a clear path of how to run the hose. I accessed the location by removing the front half of the inner fender liner. There are 2 christmas tree connectors that I pushed into the holes in the sub frame.

Picture5.jpg

7th Once I had the hose to the top of the subframe I ran the hose up from the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir to the connector location for the front windshield washer hose. To access this area, I had to remove a piece of plastic trim held in with push clips. See the pictures below for the locations.

Picture6.jpg

Picture7.jpg

Picture8.jpg

8th I tested the sprayer worked Once verified working I put the inner fender liner back and reinstalled the plastic trim piece I had removed. Picture6.jpg

Excellent, well done, thank you!

How I installed the front camera washer on my 2021 Ford Explorer Limited.

Parts Needed:

Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K)

Connector Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-Z)

Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D)

1st I had to remove the front bumper cover/ grill to get access to the camera. Here is a link to the YouTube video I used to help with removing the bumper cover/ grill: ;

2nd Once I had the bumper cover/ grill removed I removed the camera module to install the spray nozzle to it Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D). I carefully removed the connector to the camera and used a Torx T20 to remove the 4 screws that hold it to the grill. I made sure I put the camera back in the same direction it came out.
View attachment 434691

3rd Once I had the nozzle installed and reinstalled the camera module I connected the Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K). I had to remove 2 push pins that held the camera cable to the bumper cover/ grill and push the Christmas tree pins from the hose into those locations. Then pushed the rest of the Christmas tree pins into the white tabs attached the camera cable/ wire harness.

View attachment 434692

4th I installed all of the Christmas tree pins into all of the white tabs till the end of the front hose (white connector).

View attachment 434694

View attachment 434693

5th I reinstalled the bumper cover/ grill reverse the steps from the YouTube video.

6th Once bumper cover/ grill in reinstalled I connected the Connector Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-Z). This was a bit harder to install as there wasn’t a clear path of how to run the hose. I accessed the location by removing the front half of the inner fender liner. There are 2 christmas tree connectors that I pushed into the holes in the sub frame.

View attachment 434696

7th Once I had the hose to the top of the subframe I ran the hose up from the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir to the connector location for the front windshield washer hose. To access this area, I had to remove a piece of plastic trim held in with push clips. See the pictures below for the locations.

View attachment 434697

View attachment 434698

View attachment 434699

8th I tested the sprayer worked Once verified working I put the inner fender liner back and reinstalled the plastic trim piece I had removed. View attachment 434695

Nice write up. I set you up with a 3 month Elite membership for the "how to".:chug:

Definitely ordering parts for this! Thanks!

Back