2021 Explorer Prices Reduced, Roof Rails Optional on ST. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 Explorer Prices Reduced, Roof Rails Optional on ST.

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it might be US Vehicles only

Wont lie, kind of irks me.. would be nice if Ford would do something for the early adopters who paid a premium over the later crowd.

Not surprised about the price decrease. Ford got over their skis a bit on pricing.

Very exciting to see! That's what good competition will do.

On the 2021 Platinum the twin panel moon roof is now an option, and The heated lower windshield wiper de-icer has been deleted. That could account for a large part of the price reduction.
TBill

Excepted move, I’ve been singing the price song for a long time...

the reduction almost fixes the price against the competition, another $3k and it will be better positioned to compete...

Ford has taken notice, this generation so far has been a flop in terms of sales - the Highlander and JGC are now #1 and #2...going RWD actually made people switch brands somehow?!

the Escape is an even deeper hole - the previous gen was top3, the current is all the way in the bottom of the sales chart competing with the likes of Mazda CX-5 and Forester....Hackett ****ed it up big time.

the reduction almost fixes the price against the competition, another $3k and it will be better positioned to compete...

Ford has taken notice, this generation so far has been a flop in terms of sales - the Highlander and JGC are now #1 and #2...going RWD actually made people switch brands somehow?!

the Escape is an even deeper hole - the previous gen was top3, the current is all the way in the bottom of the sales chart competing with the likes of Mazda CX-5 and Forester....Hackett ****ed it up big time.

I love the price drop but I think you sales data are off.

"The Explorer is once again the best-selling three-row SUV in America, as it surpassed the Toyota Highlander so far this year. Sales are up 18 percent compared with last year, when Ford was struggling with the initial sales launch of this new model."

What are you talking about? Q3 sales were up 74% (obviously the launch was a flop) over Q3 2019 and are up 18% YTD over 2019. They are looking at approximately 250,000 Explorers sold for 2020 and that is with the Covid Pandemic with record unemployment.

Did you get your info on sales from CNN?

This one is priced at $53,850
b3fb8d494de345c8867796b2e66a58cd.jpg
a3a98326168045e5b17eac9072abda43.jpg
4bdbe9e505564f6eac2828fbf06d95ee.jpg
0ae6ea7129b54c3c9f591a368f05bc86.jpg

Thats too much for that one.

No Street/High Perf Pack, so no 21" black wheels, cancel that one.

No Street/High Perf Pack, so no 21" black wheels, cancel that one.

Honest question, is that upgrade really worth it? I know about the better brakes and aesthetics, but anything else? I guess I haven't dived too much into the cost differences. I initially actually liked the regular ST rims better but the black ones are growing on me.

Honest question, is that upgrade really worth it? I know about the better brakes and aesthetics, but anything else? I guess I haven't dived too much into the cost differences. I initially actually liked the regular ST rims better but the black ones are growing on me.

I was just teasing but it's strictly your preference, go with what you like.

I like black wheels, just my taste, but you get the high performance brakes, red calipers, and by high performance it means special brake software, not just pad composition.

Looks like no Tech Pak in that one either.

Did you get your info on sales from CNN?

nope...take a look...as of Q3 2020 Ford lost the battle to Toyota. The announcement you were referring to was as of Q2 2020...Toyota had several issues starting up production of the 2021 Highlander due to Covid...The price structure for 2021 should help...but not sure by how much, we've seen this story before.
The poor Escape has been seriously rejected by the general public...Ford better get a refresh ready or adjust pricing asap if it wants to salvage the brand name.

For me the biggest surprise as of Q3 2020 was.....Tesla?!

nope...take a look...as of Q3 2020 Ford lost the battle to Toyota. The announcement you were referring to was as of Q2 2020...Toyota had several issues starting up production of the 2021 Highlander due to Covid...The price structure for 2021 should help...but not sure by how much, we've seen this story before.
The poor Escape has been seriously rejected by the general public...Ford better get a refresh ready or adjust pricing asap if it wants to salvage the brand name.

For me the biggest surprise as of Q3 2020 was.....Tesla?!

Cough cough Post 11 cough..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back