2021 Explorer ST Gauge Screen Flicker | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 Explorer ST Gauge Screen Flicker

I have a 21st with the flicker issue only in eco mode. I'm getting a sense that in eco mode the voltage is reduced to the screens so they consume less. It's hard to explain why the sink screen does not have that effect but it's possibly related to the fact that they may be operating on different frequencies and obviously have different voltage and current draw.

This is definitely sporadic and I have only seen it happen once about a month ago. I dim the screen down to 50% and I notice a change immediately. I'm taking into the shop in 2 weeks with a laundry list of complaints. I'll report back findings and hopes that it helps somebody. New line new line at the very least the dimmer does make a difference.
I'm pretty sure what you, and myself, were experiencing is the flickering due to the color of the background. It just seems to be the most noticeable with the cyan or greenish-blue color that's used. Best of luck with the dealership visit. I had my screen replaced without issue.

Back