• Register Today It's free!

2021 Explorer window deflectors

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi guys, anyone know if weathertech is going to make window visors for the new explorer? Im looking at the oem but then also looking at AVS sleek/low profile and then the original. Kinda like the original ones that stick out more than the low profile but less than the oem. Anyone have them on the 20 and up and can post pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have them and would never on my 21. I used to have them on my vehicles before until I lost one on the highway. I then switched to the in-channel design but they cause issues with one touch up feature (The felt would become to tight and the window would sense them and automatically go down thinking there was something blocking the window) After that I gave up and don't use them at all anymore, and personally I think the vehicle looks better without them.

Hi guys, anyone know if weathertech is going to make window visors for the new explorer? Im looking at the oem but then also looking at AVS sleek/low profile and then the original. Kinda like the original ones that stick out more than the low profile but less than the oem. Anyone have them on the 20 and up and can post pics?

I have seen these advertised, but have not seen them in person:

Amazon product ASIN B07V92CYLX

I run them on my truck, I would get them for the Explorer but wife doesn't want them.

I have them on my pickup as well. They definitely help with wind noise when the window is down. Mine are fitted with 3M double sided trim tape. The truck is an '03 and they've probably been on their since '05. I finally replaced the tape last year when one of the ends started to come loose.

The Ford OE window deflectors are the same ones as AVS. You do pay more for them but they don't have the "AVS" logo (or any other logo) on them.

Here's another thread on them:

Vent Shade rear.png

Here's the driver's side rear of the low-profile version. This is my first use of the low-profile ones. I like them better than the others, I think. I can leave the windows open a bit more. They're quieter than the originals, too. I'll be doing the fronts after the windows are tinted tomorrow.

I've used these for years without issues. I love the way they let the heat out when the Florida sun is workin' for nine or ten hours. I did try the in-channel ones on my Escape - not happy with that. They caught and made the windows drop down too often.

If you follow the directions thoroughly and use painter's tape to hold over night, they stay put well. Also, go out every so often and press them down along the edges during the first 24 hours. The ones on my Escape are still holding very well after 14 months.

View attachment 341168

Here's the driver's side rear of the low-profile version. This is my first use of the low-profile ones. I like them better than the others, I think. I can leave the windows open a bit more. They're quieter than the originals, too. I'll be doing the fronts after the windows are tinted tomorrow.

I've used these for years without issues. I love the way they let the heat out when the Florida sun is workin' for nine or ten hours. I did try the in-channel ones on my Escape - not happy with that. They caught and made the windows drop down too often.

If you follow the directions thoroughly and use painter's tape to hold over night, they stay put well. Also, go out every so often and press them down along the edges during the first 24 hours. The ones on my Escape are still holding very well after 14 months.
Looks good. Thanks!

Here's the driver's side front.

Explorer Vent shade frontc.jpg

Note a notch near the mirror. This MAY help keep the vent shade in place:

Explorer Vent shade frontd.jpg

I wedged the nose of the vent shade in there.

Here's the driver's side front.
Note a notch near the mirror. This MAY help keep the vent shade in place:
I wedged the nose of the vent shade in there.
You mounted yours really low. I'd be concerned about proper contact with the rubber window surround.

I did. I wanted to open the windows as much as possible to bleed off the Florida heat. The contact seems good to me. Time will tell.

Back