Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51
My 2021 ST was built this morning and I am lucky enough to have a friend at CAP who took some pics for me. I thought I would post them so people could see the Carbonized Gray ST if they were considering that color. I love the Magnetic because its slightly darker but overall I think the Carbonized Gray will look good with the black accents.

St Pic 2.jpg

ST Pic 3.jpg

ST Pic 4.jpg

ST Pic 5.jpg

F00CF94A-914D-4F79-988E-5BE24AE6EFFC_1_201_a.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is really cool! I think I'm with you in that I like the darker tone of magnetic but this is still a solid color and the one I'd go with. Whenever you take delivery, share more pics!

Did you get a photo of them installing the air deflector and tow hook?:)

Cool post - nice to have a friend on the inside!

My unit went through wind, water, and squeak test this morning no issues. Now going over to be pulled out for audit area so a QC inspection can be done.

Two more pics in different lighting as it sits in Audit Inspection area.

Attachments

• Exploer ST in QC1.jpg
    Exploer ST in QC1.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 303
  • Explorer ST in QC2.jpg
    Explorer ST in QC2.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 326

Two more pics in different lighting as it sits in Audit Inspection area.

Hmm can't decide how I feel about it. It looks amazing, but just in regards to comparing it to the previous gray color. It's unique though! Any pictures of the new black chrome on the inside?

Hmm can't decide how I feel about it. It looks amazing, but just in regards to comparing it to the previous gray color. It's unique though! Any pictures of the new black chrome on the inside?

you can check out this link around 2:52

you can check out this link around 2:52

Oh that looks good. And it looks it only includes the control section of the center stack. The cup holder and gear changer area are still the silver color. That's reassuring.

Oh that looks good. And it looks it only includes the control section of the center stack. The cup holder and gear changer area are still the silver color. That's reassuring.

On the center there’s also a strip that’s now black on both sides. On my 2020 it’s chrome. This runs from under the controls to the arm rest area.

the steering wheel has gloss black around the buttons. Not sure the longevity of that. It will probably get scuffed up pretty bad done the road.

the door grab handles also has gloss black wrapping it. That looks much better imo than the old ones. In the sun the old version has a purple hue to it. I plan on vinyl wrapping my grab handles but I’m thinking to do semi gloss carbon fibre as opposed to gloss black.

all in all though, this looks significantly better than the edge’s gloss black interior.

On the center there’s also a strip that’s now black on both sides. On my 2020 it’s chrome. This runs from under the controls to the arm rest area.

the steering wheel has gloss black around the buttons. Not sure the longevity of that. It will probably get scuffed up pretty bad done the road.

the door grab handles also has gloss black wrapping it. That looks much better imo than the old ones. In the sun the old version has a purple hue to it. I plan on vinyl wrapping my grab handles but I’m thinking to do semi gloss carbon fibre as opposed to gloss black.

all in all though, this looks significantly better than the edge’s gloss black interior.

Hmm I don't remember seeing the chrome on the inside when I test drove the ST, but then again I was probably too focused on the performance.

My 17 limited has like a gloss black/grey around the steering wheel buttons and I haven't had any issues with it. Nothing glaring at least.

It was hard to see in that video, but the handles seem to have the same black line on the car door handles. Again, I will defer to actual owners though. Looks great though.

The trim around the door armrest has been changed as well......

INTERIOR/COMFORT
Enhanced Interior Finishes

Ebony Colored Uppers: Headliner, Overhead Console,
Pillars, Grab Handles, Visors and Moonroof Shade
  • — High Gloss Black Color on Center Stack
  • — High Gloss Black Color on Door Armrest Carrier

• — High Gloss Black Color on Lower Console Rails

• — High Gloss Black Color with Satin Aluminum Surround on Steering Wheel Bezel
    — High Gloss Black Color on Center Stack Buttons

INTERIOR/COMFORT

• — High Gloss Black Color with Satin Aluminum Surround on Steering Wheel Bezel

All looks better imo after watching that video again.

INTERIOR/COMFORT

Yes sir, that is what I was referring to.
1602721959191.jpeg

On the 2020s the hard plastic part that goes from the arm rest to the top speaker grill looks purple-ish in direct sunlight. The gloss black surrounds in the 2021 is a huge improvement and looks much better.

I however don’t like seeing fingerprints or light scratches/marring on the gloss black which is why I want to do semi-gloss carbon vinyl instead.

BTW sgt congrats on the ST. I love mine! I know the wait sucks but it’s well worth it IMO. Lucky you tho for having the inside man. Looks awesome!!

I found this video today, shows delivery a 2021 ST and the camera pans across the IP stack and gives a clear view of the new high gloss black upgrades.

Please keep volume low she is extremely annoying to listen to.

Back