2022 Explorer ST - 1/18 Blend Date & still "in production" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Explorer ST - 1/18 Blend Date & still "in production"

Rugby76

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield County, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hey everyone - not sure if anyone else is stuck in my situation, which seems to be that I went into production before they started deleting 2nd row heating and auxiliary controls. But still stuck in production for 3 months per the Ford website. Ordered in December, originally had a February production date, production date moved up to January, into production on 1/18, originally had a February estimated delivery date, then window sticker disappeared for a couple weeks, window sticker back for the last 2 months without any deletions on it and showing the 1/18 blend date. And no movement whatsoever since then. Not sure if anyone has seen recent movement for similar situations. Dealer SA has no idea and isn't really responsive anyway. I see newly delivered STs hitting dealer lots with March blend dates and the 2nd row deletions in the winder sticker. At this point I would take the deletions just to get the car but I'm guessing cars in production my week in January are half finished on the 2nd row setup and they are just waiting for parts or something.

Anyway, feeling a bit frustrated by the whole process but trying to keep it all in perspective, which is to swap out my X5M for an ST and then get a proper sports car (M8 or 992 depending on how silly the Porsche market stays) as a second car. And definitely looking forward to having adaptive cruise control for commuting which my current bimmer does not have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't know if going into production is a guarantee that the item deletions won't happen. Others have received their vehicles with the deletions and a credit issued for them. I would think that yours is probably sitting alongside many others that are awaiting chips.

Peter

I'm in almost an identical situation with regards to your dates and what status you are in (Ordered 11/24/21, In production 1/21, then nothing since). Seems like nobody has a clue around timing of built/shipping/delivery at this point and that's the biggest issue. I have no problem waiting it out if there was some even remote timeline available, instead of just guessing based on what others are reporting online. Someone at Ford has to know something at this point!

On the other hand, my dealer has been attentive when I ask for updates, but every time I have asked they don't have any more info other than, it's built just waiting for parts. So not really helpful in the grand scheme of things... The unknown timeline at this point is the only reason I keep looking at other options and could force me to cancel the order.

I ordered in October. In Production since 11/23. It has been sitting in the Chicago Auto Auction lot since 1/27. My dealer updates me regularly but they really have no idea as then what it lists "on hold for chip". I had 4 delivery dates missed before they finally took the delivery dates off the order tracking site. I had contacted Ford Customer Experience and they are supposed to be looking into it. It will be almost 6 months since I ordered.

Hey everyone - not sure if anyone else is stuck in my situation, which seems to be that I went into production before they started deleting 2nd row heating and auxiliary controls. But still stuck in production for 3 months per the Ford website. Ordered in December, originally had a February production date, production date moved up to January, into production on 1/18, originally had a February estimated delivery date, then window sticker disappeared for a couple weeks, window sticker back for the last 2 months without any deletions on it and showing the 1/18 blend date. And no movement whatsoever since then. Not sure if anyone has seen recent movement for similar situations. Dealer SA has no idea and isn't really responsive anyway. I see newly delivered STs hitting dealer lots with March blend dates and the 2nd row deletions in the winder sticker. At this point I would take the deletions just to get the car but I'm guessing cars in production my week in January are half finished on the 2nd row setup and they are just waiting for parts or something.

Anyway, feeling a bit frustrated by the whole process but trying to keep it all in perspective, which is to swap out my X5M for an ST and then get a proper sports car (M8 or 992 depending on how silly the Porsche market stays) as a second car. And definitely looking forward to having adaptive cruise control for commuting which my current bimmer does not have.
I am in the same position. I ordered on 12/27, production date 1/19. I just wish they would do something with all of our cars that are sitting and waiting! Just like you I am seeing cars with March blend dates being delivered and mine is still sitting. I have thought about calling ford myself. My dealer is helpful and updates me but there is not much to update me about. He says it just shows “chip hold” and delivery date range of 5/1. That date is getting closer and I hope it actually happens, but I don’t see how because I still have no built email or shipping email. Really really frustrating!! My dealer is optimistic it will come on the delivery date because they got two other explorers in close to expected arrival last week.

Ordered Sept. Built Dec. Still nothing. 6 months.

I check the Ford website daily - mainly to see if a vehicle like the one I ordered may be on the lot nearby . I go through the whole build and price . Yesterday morning I did it , and the price was $49,535.00 . Did it again last night - same specs and options - $50,565.00 . Anyone else notice this ?

I check the Ford website daily - mainly to see if a vehicle like the one I ordered may be on the lot nearby . I go through the whole build and price . Yesterday morning I did it , and the price was $49,535.00 . Did it again last night - same specs and options - $50,565.00 . Anyone else notice this ?
I don't think it really matters much since you can't order a 2022 model anymore. It's the sticker price on those that are on dealer lots that matters now. The price for those that have been ordered by customers should remain the same as to what was agreed to.

Peter

Well, as they say, misery loves company. I guess there must be several weeks of production sitting and waiting for chips rather than being moved without all the features. If the hold had only been a week or two, that would be one thing. But sitting for 4-5 months exposed to midwestern winter and spring just makes me start to wonder whether to pass on this order and find something else for now... I will definitely post back on this thread if I see any movement on the Tracker for my vehicle.

I got the mail this morning saying that my ST has moved from "in production" to "built" and will be delivered May 4-10. The vehicle tracking website isn't working so I am not able to pull the final window sticker up to confirm whether any features were dropped in the end. Will keep you all posted on what happens next.

I got the mail this morning saying that my ST has moved from "in production" to "built" and will be delivered May 4-10. The vehicle tracking website isn't working so I am not able to pull the final window sticker up to confirm whether any features were dropped in the end. Will keep you all posted on what happens next.
That is great news!! My dealer says my delivery date is still showing as 5/1 on his end. But my tracker still says in production for me. I hope I get a built email soon. :(

Window sticker back up and available. Showing no deletions for second row controls or heated seats. Fingers crossed this is true and the early May delivery window sticks. Good luck to all.

That is great news!! My dealer says my delivery date is still showing as 5/1 on his end. But my tracker still says in production for me. I hope I get a built email soon. :(

Window sticker back up and available. Showing no deletions for second row controls or heated seats. Fingers crossed this is true and the early May delivery window sticks. Good luck to all.
Well after 4 months of checking the Ford tracking site everyday my vehicle shows that it is waiting for shipment. So hopefully another couple weeks I'll finally have it.

They are producing vehicles knowing they can't finish them because of the chip shortage. They get parked and you wait. The broncos and mavericks are having the same problem. I've had a maverick on order since october and haven't even had a VIN generated. Some folks have been waiting since June for hybrids.

Just got the build date and VIN - Week of May 30th . Order placed March 8th . Still going to be a while .

LOL - New email - Build date now May 9th . Anyone know of links to track build and ship besides the Ford tracking ? Thanks .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back