2022 Explorer XLT Climate Controls | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Explorer XLT Climate Controls

bearchluck1

Reaction score
City, State
GROSSE POINTE FARMS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 & 2022 Explorer XLT
Have kind of a strange question. I have 2021 XLT and a 2022 XLT and was wondering if the climate controls changed between the model years. The 2021 shows the temperature on the HVAC controls and SYNC screen, but the 2022 only displays on the SYNC screen. I am curios if this is because of chip availability or was a mistake at the factory.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Any chance you could post pictures of the 2? I'm not familiar with the controls in the 6th gen Ex. I know that changes were made to the displayed temps in the Aviator after 2020.

Peter

Have kind of a strange question. I have 2021 XLT and a 2022 XLT and was wondering if the climate controls changed between the model years. The 2021 shows the temperature on the HVAC controls and SYNC screen, but the 2022 only displays on the SYNC screen. I am curios if this is because of chip availability or was a mistake at the factory.
It’s new and probably chip related. I didn’t think it showed on the screen on the 20s and 21s. Just on the hvac controls. The on 22 it was moved to the screen.

It’s new and probably chip related. I didn’t think it showed on the screen on the 20s and 21s. Just on the hvac controls. The on 22 it was moved to the screen.
My 2020 XLT shows on the HVAC on both sides, and on the screen, both upper corners.

My 2020 XLT shows on the HVAC on both sides, and on the screen, both upper corners.
All the 2021 videos I’ve seen just show that info on the hvac controls and not the screen.

All the 2021 videos I’ve seen just show that info on the hvac controls and not the screen.
Not only does my 2020 XLT show temp selection for either side on the HVAC controls and the screen, but also OAT on the gauge cluster and the center of the screen.
Cool eh!

Not only does my 2020 XLT show temp selection for either side on the HVAC controls and the screen, but also OAT on the gauge cluster and the center of the screen.
Cool eh!
Yeah it does seem rather redundant to do both.
As for the OAT, my 22 shows it in both locations as well.

My 2020 had HVAC temperature on the top corners of the 10 inch screen but one of the early Sync 3 updates eliminated that.

Yeah it does seem rather redundant to do both.
As for the OAT, my 22 shows it in both locations as well.
I concur.

My 2020 had HVAC temperature on the top corners of the 10 inch screen but one of the early Sync 3 updates eliminated that.
Which update version was that and what version do you have now. I'm guessing that the Sync 3 updates for the Explorer and Aviator are the same and I have the temps displayed in the upper corners as well as on the main screen when I adjust the temperature.

Peter

Which update version was that and what version do you have now. I'm guessing that the Sync 3 updates for the Explorer and Aviator are the same and I have the temps displayed in the upper corners as well as on the main screen when I adjust the temperature.

Peter
This is the version I'm on now: SYNC3 v3.4.21194 Not sure which version this was changed on but it was in my first year of ownership so some time in late 2020.

This is the version I'm on now: SYNC3 v3.4.21194 Not sure which version this was changed on but it was in my first year of ownership so some time in late 2020.
The latest version is 21265. You are one update behind. I know that 21194 caused an issue that the latest one corrected.

Peter

The latest version is 21265. You are one update behind. I know that 21194 caused an issue that the latest one corrected.

Peter
I think the Aviator got a SYNC update the Explorer didn't. Mine is still on 21194 and the Ford website says it is up to date Peter.

I think the Aviator got a SYNC update the Explorer didn't. Mine is still on 21194 and the Ford website says it is up to date Peter.
Think back on it, you may be correct Dale. 21194 caused an issue with the temp display in the Aviator and 21265 corrected it.

Peter

Back