2022 Return to TruckHaven / Oct-Nov timeline. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Return to TruckHaven / Oct-Nov timeline.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally fixed a slow leak in one of the Pumpkin's tires. I could never find a hole in the tire so I thought it was from the beadlock. Pulled the tire apart, sealed it with tire glue and it still leaked. I found a big ass container that I could put the tire in and filled it with water. It was only leaking at a rate of about one bubble every couple seconds. The hole was straight through one of the middle tread blocks. Safety Seal took care of that.

I've got an issue with the trailer. One of the axles has considerable wear on it's spindles. The metal is galled, and there are grooves at the thick end. I am looking into at least one new axle.

I finally fixed a slow leak in one of the Pumpkin's tires. I could never find a hole in the tire so I thought it was from the beadlock. Pulled the tire apart, sealed it with tire glue and it still leaked. I found a big ass container that I could put the tire in and filled it with water. It was only leaking at a rate of about one bubble every couple seconds. The hole was straight through one of the middle tread blocks. Safety Seal took care of that.

I've got an issue with the trailer. One of the axles has considerable wear on it's spindles. The metal is galled, and there are grooves at the thick end. I am looking into at least one new axle.
Always something going on sadly, hopefully that can be an easy find to nab.

Well this month really sucked money wise. I don't think I am going to be able to get everything together in time :( Maybe January if I'm lucky.

Gas has also gone insane here in the last few days. It has gone up over 50 cents in the last 2 days.😳

Gas has also gone insane here in the last few days. It has gone up over 50 cents in the last 2 days.😳
^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seen 7 again. everywhere i see its back in the 6's

^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seen 7 again. everywhere i see its back in the 6's
Had seen $2.99 once the other week, then this hurricane panic started hitting everyone and we're back almost at $3.50 again.

Had seen $2.99 once the other week, then this hurricane panic started hitting everyone and we're back almost at $3.50 again.
350 sounds nice bout now :D

350 sounds nice bout now :D
Yeah, I feel bad for yall on the west coast. Hopefully it'll start coming down again. I couldnt drive the Rado or the X with yalls prices and what I make

It never dropped below $3.99 here. :( We're back up to $4.50 for regular. Diesel is higher.

It never dropped below $3.99 here. :( We're back up to $4.50 for regular. Diesel is higher.
Dad gum, sorry to hear, not a huge fan of florida, but its gas prices are doable at least.

Saw gas at $6.50 for regular today. Something about a refinery being down for maintenance. If they can't do maintenance on a entire refinery without shutting it down, whoever is running it should be fired. I think it's just a way to gouge us and keep prices up for when the winter blend becomes available in a few days.

I heard they said there not doing winter blend till November now. I think this is all a ploy to send out checks in a couple of weeks ( Cali is sending out checks because gas was so high in spring) and they are going to say "See..gas went up and we're helping everyone." Right before elections...😮‍💨

Oh look at how generous we are with your own money, trickling a little back to you so you can fill your tank, go to work and pay more taxes. Thank you Lord Newsome, thank you so much.

It's been way too long and it would be nice to see some old faces and meet some new ones.

Let's get a Return to TruckHaven trip planned for October or November of this year (2022)

If we plan enough ahead there's no excuse not to be able to make it.

Who's in?
Ray H AKA Packrat is definitrely interested; so long as you'll let join with a '22 Squatched Bronco Badlands , that is.

Ray H AKA Packrat is definitrely interested; so long as you'll let join with a '22 Squatched Bronco Badlands , that is.
Well I mean, I was planning to join in my C1500, though I had some things to fix up and wasnt sure I'd make the drive even if they fixed were since the trucks still new to me. But it's all I got since the X is out of commission, dont think anyone would mind too much, besides, sadly seems not many are going to make it this year. Hopefully I'll get to next year, depends on a few factors happening around this time next year.

Also, We'd like to do T-Haven in Jan with Rick. Also I've got an East coast trip 2-3 weeks long coming up. Not sure Oct or Nov, may straddle both, IDK just yet. If we're in CA, the OCT-Nov trip is good too. I'll try to do both!

Also, We'd like to T-Haven in Jan with Rick. Also I've got an East coast trip 2-3 weeks long coming up. Not sure Oct or Nov, may straddle both, IDK just yet. If we're in CA, the OCT-Nov trip is good too. I'll try to do both!
I'll have to see about Jan; east coast is good for me since I'm literally all the way in Northern FL! lol
Too bad there ain't really anything ever planned over here. I try to set something up over here in the Southeast and I get little to no interest, on here or facebook groups.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I gave the Pumpkin some much needed attention today and found a bad spherical bearing in the hydraulic assist ram. I felt it as play and a click in the steering.

pumpkin_bearing.jpg
pumpkin_bearing2.jpg
1D7_0063.JPG

Back