2022 Return to TruckHaven / Oct-Nov timeline. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Return to TruckHaven / Oct-Nov timeline.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finished another important project today. The Rams passenger airbag was recalled. I didn't want to let the dealer touch it so I replaced it myself.

4 hours later all done.

PXL_20221022_230545809.jpg PXL_20221022_230610574.jpg PXL_20221022_232610931.jpg PXL_20221023_010046460.jpg

I gave the Pumpkin some much needed attention today and found a bad spherical bearing in the hydraulic assist ram. I felt it as play and a click in the steering.

View attachment 435821View attachment 435822View attachment 435823

I installed the new bearing today. It's amazing how such a little bit of slop can be magnified by the time it gets to the steering wheel.

The Pumpkin's front suspension is very tired. When I hit the brakes hard it dives bad and unevenly :( Years ago I was told that my coilover shocks can't be disassembled due to abuse from not having bumpstops. These shocks are no longer available from Bilstein in the 9" length.

Unless I can manage to get the shocks apart it looks like it will need longer shocks at some point.

@Rick Let me know what need. We can also try to rebuild them at work.

I think something is amiss...

PXL_20221029_214357141.jpg

Took the wheels off the trailer and was greeted by this mess. Thank goodness it didn't happen on the road.

I think something is amiss...

View attachment 436031

Took the wheels off the trailer and was greeted by this mess. Thank goodness it didn't happen on the road.
Ouch! Broke at the rivet holes. Never have seen that before! Still shooting for T-Hvn in Jan??

Ray

Wow, that's a lot of stuff failing on you lately @Rick
A quote I can relate to! Been a long week, started as mechanical issues, but now I'm stuck with some electrical issues, intermittent ones at that. Think Rick still has the more challenging one, but know ya ain't alone on the random annoying issues! lol

All my shi* is getting old... Like me :(
I can definitely relate! (76). That's why I mortgaged the farm, bit the bullet, and went for my last 4X Harrah: the '22 Badsquatch. Got a couple more T-Haven runs in me, I'm hoping!.🤞

trailer_wear.jpg

Rick's trailer needs a bumper sticker - only driven on Sundays..

Should probably just order a whole new axle set.. might be cheaper than the sum of the parts.

Should probably just order a whole new axle set.. might be cheaper than the sum of the parts.

That's the plan. This all started with me just measuring for new axles since my spindles were bad.

PXL_20221031_202022632.jpg

Got axles?

And they are home...

PXL_20221031_223650457.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@Stic-o

I've got everything I need to hit the road again. How about MLK weekend in January?

Back