• Register Today It's free!

2022 XLT 202A order!

Brunitus

Reaction score
City, State
East Hampstead, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer XLT
Just place my order on my 22 XLT 202A today, not sure what the timeframe is yet, but been looking for one for a long time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just place my order on my 22 XLT 202A today, not sure what the timeframe is yet, but been looking for one for a long time.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing it could be at least 2 - 3 months, with the latter being more realistic based on what I've been reading. Orders for the 2023 open on August 11th with production to begin November 7th.

Peter

I placed my order on May 21st and received notification that my build week is July 25th for my XLT 202A sports package. However, I'm not holding my breath lol

I placed my order on May 21st and received notification that my build week is July 25th for my XLT 202A sports package. However, I'm not holding my breath lol
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It's a good thing you're not going to be holding your breath. Dates all seem to be a shot in the dark these days.

Peter

lol not sure how people well after me are already getting build dates....ordered mine the last week of Feb 2022 and still have no build date, same exact build as yours as well

lol not sure how people well after me are already getting build dates....ordered mine the last week of Feb 2022 and still have no build date, same exact build as yours as well
Keep in mind that you also made a change to the initial order that may have affected the production timetable. Did you receive an updated DORA?

Peter

Keep in mind that you also made a change to the initial order that may have affected the production timetable. Did you receive an updated DORA?

Peter
what does the DORA look like? I guess lets start there lol

what does the DORA look like? I guess lets start there lol
When the dealer places an order the first thing they get back is a VOC (Vehicle Confirmation Order, followed by the DORA (Dealer Order Acknowledgement Receipt). The DORA shows al the options that you ordered.

Peter

When the dealer places an order the first thing they get back is a VOC (Vehicle Confirmation Order, followed by the DORA (Dealer Order Acknowledgement Receipt). The DORA shows al the options that you ordered.

Peter
so between this and the "we have received your order" from ford, this is all I've gotten in regards to my order

I have never seen what it looks like but that would probably be what they refer to as the Priced DORA.

Peter

My car has arrived at the dealership at 11:00am this morning ! going to go pick it up at 3Pm today ! will post pics after, Thanks crew !

PS: the only missing from the car that is coming in a couple months it's the 2nd row climate control panel. so for now it has a blank plate on it.

y8xUxMeHZh1RY?width=2016&height=1512&cropmode=none.jpg

uszOex0xcMZu5?width=2016&height=1512&cropmode=none.jpg

Great looking car! So it only took two weeks from order to delivery? I am going to place an order for an XLT 202A Sport Appearance literally in an hour and a half. Hoping my delivery time is like yours, haha! I was expecting 2-3 months, which is a hell of an improvement of the 2+ years I've been waiting for a Bronco.

Great looking car! So it only took two weeks from order to delivery?
So I went into the dealership to order one, but then the dealer told me that the setup I'm looking for or very close is already in production phrase. so they told me they will just order that one for me, not sure if the person that had that vehicle order backed out or what, but I left the dealership that day thinking it would take 45 - 60 days to have the car deliver to the dealership, but somehow I got a call from my friend who runs the place and the car got deliver yesterday, so he prep it and got it ready for me and I drove it off the lot yesterday. Maybe I got lucky. I have a couple co-workers that still have Broncos on order for the last 6 months or so and still nothing.

So I went into the dealership to order one, but then the dealer told me that the setup I'm looking for or very close is already in production phrase. so they told me they will just order that one for me, not sure if the person that had that vehicle order backed out or what, but I left the dealership that day thinking it would take 45 - 60 days to have the car deliver to the dealership, but somehow I got a call from my friend who runs the place and the car got deliver yesterday, so he prep it and got it ready for me and I drove it off the lot yesterday. Maybe I got lucky. I have a couple co-workers that still have Broncos on order for the last 6 months or so and still nothing.
Understood, thanks for the explanation! And yes, the bronco saga has been frustrating. We have a July 17, 2020 reservation and still no VIN in sight. We're canceling the order for the Bronco today as well.

My car has arrived at the dealership at 11:00am this morning ! going to go pick it up at 3Pm today ! will post pics after, Thanks crew !
Congratulations. Do a careful inspection of it, inside and out. ( a little late...forgot to click on Reply yesterday:( )

Peter

Understood, thanks for the explanation! And yes, the bronco saga has been frustrating. We have a July 17, 2020 reservation and still no VIN in sight. We're canceling the order for the Bronco today as well.
I would keep the reservation if I were you, just in case, I mean right now bronco prices are insane !

Congratulations. Do a careful inspection of it, inside and out. ( a little late...forgot to click on Reply yesterday:( )

Peter
yeah I checked as well as I could, Didn't see anything, but if i do see something i will bring it back and give my friend some $hit :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah I checked as well as I could, Didn't see anything, but if i do see something i will bring it back and give my friend some $hit :)
As per your Warranty Guide, you have 1 week to point out any damage.
"If you see any damage when you receive your vehicle, notify your dealership within one week."

Peter

Back