• Register Today It's free!

2022 XLT Ordered

kjoy16

Reaction score
City, State
Newton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Ford Edge SEL
I just ordered a 2022 XLT (ordered on 11/19) and was wondering if anyone had any insight on how long it will take to get a vin/production date? The dealer said 4-6 months and my priority code is 19 which I know is not great. I am seeing some similar ones come on lots with other dealers and am considering trying for those but not sure how that works since I have an order placed with another dealer? I wanted one before winter since my 2019 Edge does not have AWD and it really stinks in the snow, but I know I ordered a bit “late” and am probably looking at a spring delivery. Any insight would be helpful!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered 2022 XLT on 9/8. It was built 12/1. Pickup before Christmas ...I hope.

Maybe you’ll get a Christmas miracle and they’ll build it with all of the parts it’s actually suppose to have.

Adding mine for reference:
  • Ordered '22 ST on 11/24/2021 (confirmed same day)
  • Rec'd VIN on 12/2/2021
  • Est. production date on 2/7/2022
Going to be very hard to be patient during the wait...

• Rec'd VIN on 12/2/2021
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I just ordered a 2022 XLT (ordered on 11/19) and was wondering if anyone had any insight on how long it will take to get a vin/production date? The dealer said 4-6 months and my priority code is 19 which I know is not great. I am seeing some similar ones come on lots with other dealers and am considering trying for those but not sure how that works since I have an order placed with another dealer? I wanted one before winter since my 2019 Edge does not have AWD and it really stinks in the snow, but I know I ordered a bit “late” and am probably looking at a spring delivery. Any insight would be helpful!
I got an email last week that my production week is 1/24. Fingers crossed that it actually is built then or maybe even earlier!

I got an email last week that my production week is 1/24. Fingers crossed that it actually is built then or maybe even earlier!
A little late, Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I am waiting on delivery of my 2022 Explorer XLT, tracking says it shipped on 11/15, and it can take 12-28 days for delivery! Anybody know why that is?

• Rec'd VIN on 12/2/2021
Received an update email from Ford last night (12/26/2021), production date moved up to 1/17/2022.

Back